ImageImage

What do you want to do this off-season?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: What do you want to do this off-season? 

Post#301 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 am

I'm aware they won't tank under Kohl, but if they don't sign any of those 3 loser guards because they are so butthurt this offseason, I'm saying I would not amnesty Gooden.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#302 » by Nebula1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:57 am

They will re-sign them just at least keep as assets, I imagine. But with the Bucks you never know.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#303 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:59 am

Oh yeah, they will keep them. Just was saying if it is "what do you want to do this offseason" I would suggest just keeping Gooden if "you" could convince the Bucks not to sign the 3 guards (assuming opt-outs). Let Gooden expire if that's the case.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#304 » by Nebula1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:59 am

I'm all for letting Gooden drive the tank.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#305 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:09 am

Here's an example of a fantasy 2013 depth chart after a complete locker room colon cleanse. Henson and Sanders are the only pieces worth keeping around. Gooden's contract is identical to Al Harrington, just can't stand looking at Gooden on the bench any more. Spend some money on TImo Mozgov and we have a girthy backup center for the next 4-5 years to help out Henson and Sanders. Include picks where you think it necessary.

Norris Cole, Will Bynum, Ish Smith
Alan Anderson, Rip Hamilton
Ronnie Brewer, Tony Mitchell
John Henson, Udonis Haslem, Gustavo Ayon
Larry Sanders, Timo Mozgov, Joel Anthony

1. Let all of our free agents walk.
2. Trade Ilyasova and Udoh to Miami for Norris Cole, Haslem and Anthony
3. Mbah a Moute to Chicago for Rip Hamilton
4. Drew Gooden to Orlando for Al Harrington
5. Sign Bynum, Anderson, Brewer and Tony Mitchell to short term contracts.
6. Sign Mozgov to a long term contract.
7. Start the lottery countdown
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#306 » by bigkurty » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:30 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:Oh yeah, they will keep them. Just was saying if it is "what do you want to do this offseason" I would suggest just keeping Gooden if "you" could convince the Bucks not to sign the 3 guards (assuming opt-outs). Let Gooden expire if that's the case.

I wholeheartedly agree. At this point we are 3 years in pretty much. Gooden doesn't play anyway so sit him on the bench and save home to possibly use an expiring. Plus then we have 6 mil left off of spending on swag twins.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#307 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Main Moves
S&T Jennings to Mavs for 2013 1st
Trade Udoh for Late 1st
Extend Sanders

Draft McCollum, GRIII and Glen Rice JR in 1st Rd
Draft Carrick Felix in 2nd rd

Ellis Is opting in

Ellis/McCollum
Rice/Felix
Luc/GRIII
Ilyasova/Henson
Sanders/Ayon

We will have shooters, athletic ability and a good young core
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#308 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:59 pm

As it stands right now after all of the disappointment...

I'd let Ellis go if he opts out. If he opts in, I'd consider trading him in the offseason.

Jennings I'd let walk either way. He's checked out here. I don't think he's a player you can build around and he's definitely not a guy you want around if we scrap this team.

Redick. I like the guy, he can shoot, but if we rebuild its kind of a waste of money. He would provide good leadership. I don't think he returns unless we make win now moves.

Dunleavy Jr I'd let walk at his age. He's played well, especially at that contract, but we're not close to being a contender.

Draft a wing and a point guard. I'm for trading Udoh for a late 1st if need be. We have Ayon to get his minutes now.

It will be important to have an emergency center that is somewhat competent though. Sanders keep taking this spills is concerning and we're a much different team when he's out.

I like the front court of Ersan, Henson, and Sanders.

I'm fine with letting Ish Smith getting more burn as back-up PG. See what he has to offer in extended minutes.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#309 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:09 pm

InsideOut wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:The only thing I'm sure about is us retaining Redick this off-season. It's guaranteed.

There's no way Hambone goes out of his way to trade for Redick (trading one of his top assets) only to watch him walk.

It's a done deal.

Nope.

Hammond is the master of moving on after a mistake, after mistake, after mistake...
He will rid us of JJ and get credit for once again moving on from a mistake. I honestly don't know if that should be in green.

:lol:
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#310 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:For everyone a few pages back talking about letting Monta, Jennings, Reddick, etc. walk.

Do not include amnestying Gooden in that scenario. If that were to happen, amnestying Gooden should be the last thing we do. Throw Herb a bone if he really feels like tanking. Also, we want to tank, so you want Gooden on the roster.

Yup. I'd make him our backup C or 4th big.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,773

Post#311 » by emunney » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:49 pm

If we're tanking, amnestying Gooden means we can absorb another Gooden-like contract plus assets.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,116

Post#312 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:01 pm

In the perfect world of a rebuild and tank, we need to move Ersan as well. Clear playing time for Henson to start next year. Ersan would help us win another 5 games we wouldn't otherwise.

I think we could get a decent future asset for him. Grunfeld is sitting with the 9th overall pick right now. I think he's stupid enough to go for it next season.

I'd start the offer at Ersan for Ariza (expiring) and that pick.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM

Post#313 » by emunney » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Were we to do that, I'd want us to do it as soon as we lose that 4th game to the Heat, before the lottery. The 9th pick would be fine (the bigger part would be the commitment to tanking), but it would be a shame to start out the rebuilding without a marquee asset. Maybe we could put 9 and 15 together and get into the top 5.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#314 » by crkone » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Curry-Tobes-Henson-Sanders (add Lamb if you want)... :nonono:

I would be happy to give my money away to the Bucks if they'd go young (half season package). Being able to root for the underdog kids would be an awesome change.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,116

Post#315 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:15 pm

emunney wrote:Were we to do that, I'd want us to do it as soon as we lose that 4th game to the Heat, before the lottery. The 9th pick would be fine (the bigger part would be the commitment to tanking), but it would be a shame to start out the rebuilding without a marquee asset. Maybe we could put 9 and 15 together and get into the top 5.

Obviously they won't deal that pick before the lottery. But yes, that 9th pick plus 15 does give you ammunition to move up 3-4 spots and get Burke or Oladipo perhaps. But then again, our history with combining #1's to move up a few spots has been a disaster. I don't trust our front office and would prefer we keep both picks and the law of averages says we get a decent player with one of them.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#316 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm

crkone wrote:Curry-Tobes-Henson-Sanders (add Lamb if you want)... :nonono:

I would be happy to give my money away to the Bucks if they'd go young (half season package). Being able to root for the underdog kids would be an awesome change.

My order of preference:

1 - Scorched Earth: total gutting, leaving only Henson and Sanders as building block pieces
2 - ^ That
3 - What we have now

...if you gave me those three options. Curry and Tobes are nice young players, but if you told me I could have those two or a chance at Wiggins I'd take our chances in the lotto.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#317 » by crkone » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:22 pm

DrugBust wrote:
crkone wrote:Curry-Tobes-Henson-Sanders (add Lamb if you want)... :nonono:

My order of preference:

1 - Scorched Earth: total gutting, leaving only Henson and Sanders as building block pieces
2 - ^ That
3 - What we have now

...if you gave me those three options. Curry and Tobes are nice young players, but if you told me I could have those two or a chance at Wiggins I'd take our chances in the lotto.

I guess I could have separated my thoughts a little better since my first line was basically a "what could have been." I agree that having a chance at a number one next season would be the best option.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
emunney
RealGM

Post#318 » by emunney » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Don't know how much of Wiggins you guys have seen, but people calling him the Canadian LeBron are only half right. As a prospect, he reminds me a lot of Tracy McGrady, but he is a long ways away in terms of his skills right now. Jabari Parker has the skills and can elevate but is pretty heavy-legged in comparison. I think next year's draft class is strong, but I don't think it's historically strong like some people have been implying.

I reserve the right to change my mind before 2014 rolls around. It took me one game at UCLA for Kevin Love for me to totally reverse my opinion about him.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,243

Post#319 » by LUKE23 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:47 pm

We'd be pretty excited if we were rolling into next season with Curry/#15/Harris/Ilyasova/Sanders/Henson and some cap space. Sadly, that was not only attainable, but what 90% of this forum wanted. We have to be a unified band of masochists to follow through with this disaster.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#320 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Does anybody believe that McCollum will be just as good as Curry?

Like I stated earlier, McCollum/Rice/GRIII/Ilyasova/Sanders with Henson could still happen

Return to Milwaukee Bucks