Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Re: Simmons & Lowe weigh in. Redick a "a very, very good pla 

Post#41 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 am

LUKE23 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Be pissed that the $WAG twins are still on the team. That's what I read when I see people bitching about the current state of the team.

I'm pissed at that and giving up young assets for soon to be 29 year old FA, non-star shooting guards, for the right to get stomped by Miami.

We just fundamentally disagree on the definition of asset. No getting around that, so need to further this discussion.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#42 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:58 am

Scoops wrote:
europa wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:He's also just "good," and he's he's hit his ceiling.

Yeah let's not make Redick out to be more than he is.

Let's do that with Tobias though, k.

I think it's safe to do with a 20-year-old in his second year in the league to think he can be something more than what we've seen.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#43 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:58 am

So is your contention that Tobias Harris was not an asset?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#44 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 am

Scoops wrote:
europa wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:He's also just "good," and he's he's hit his ceiling.

Yeah let's not make Redick out to be more than he is.

Let's do that with Tobias though, k.

Tobes is 20. I don't think he's a future superstar or anything, and nothing is a given, but we gave the dude up for a FA-to-be "good" SG so that we can pretend to be able to make a playoff run before being swept by Miami.

The Milwaukee Bucks. Be stupid.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#45 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 am

DrugBust wrote:Ayon has shown more in his first two years in the league and he's got size on his side.

Probably because Ayon is going to be **** 28 years old on April 1st and Tobes is 20. No offense DB, but you're acting like a **** moron today.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,115

Post#46 » by FrieAaron » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 am

I like the trade. I'm disappointed we couldn't do Ellis for Smith, but I couldn't understand why the Hawks would even consider that in the first place.

It without a doubt makes us better right now, and since it's going to be hard to go that much further down the standings this year I may as well enjoy watching a better team the rest of the season. After this year it gives us the flexibility of either signing JJ to a reasonable contract or walk and free up a good chunk of cap space when Monta (hopefully) walks as well.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#47 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 am

emunney wrote:It's inconceivable to you that the player picked 15th this year will be better than the player picked 19th two years ago?

Course not. I'm simply calling into question the outright dismissal that Harris has the same level of value or even more value than whoever goes there in the 2013 draft.
Nothing will not break me.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#48 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 am

FrieAaron wrote:I like the trade. I'm disappointed we couldn't do Ellis for Smith, but I couldn't understand why the Hawks would even consider that in the first place.

It without a doubt makes us better right now, and since it's going to be hard to go that much further down the standings this year I may as well enjoy watching a better team the rest of the season. After this year it gives us the flexibility of either signing JJ to a reasonable contract or walk and free up a good chunk of cap space when Monta (hopefully) walks as well.

Over 30 games, this probably adds one win over what we get with Udrih. Two on a good day.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,586

Post#49 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:01 am

Dissing Tobes is stupid. Kid is 20 years old and never got a fair shake here, Scott Skiles was his coach for god's sake.
FREE GIANNIS
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#50 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:01 am

DrugBust wrote:Be pissed that the $WAG twins are still on the team. That's what I read when I see people bitching about the current state of the team.

We absolutely screwed ourselves today by not monetizing the value of Jennings and particularly Monta. Monta's value is now zero. Jennings value is either zero or we re-up him for big money.

But for many of us, we aren't then comforted by the idea that we now have the inside track to signing JJ Redick to a 4-year/$32 million dollar deal this summer.

The only very small chance silver lining I see is that somehow, someway Redick teaches Jennings how to be a smarter player and those two develop a chemistry. It could happen. Longshot though.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#51 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:02 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
paul wrote:You don't have to hate Redick to hate this trade, many will know I've long been a fan of his.

I'd love to rationalize it but I've got nothing, this was short sighted garbage. Again.

Sidenote - props to you and the other Aussie fans for continuing to put up with this organization. Most of us are forced into it because we're Wisconsinites who hate fair-weather fans and want their home-state team to do well. You guys are a rare breed.

Appreciate the props but I'm pretty sure our breed deserve insults rather than praise lol.

Honestly this one's just about done me in, I don't have a lot of fight left in me.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,115

Post#52 » by FrieAaron » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:02 am

LUKE23 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:I like the trade. I'm disappointed we couldn't do Ellis for Smith, but I couldn't understand why the Hawks would even consider that in the first place.

Over 30 games, this probably adds one win over what we get with Udrih. Two on a good day.

Yes, two wins would be a very good day.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#53 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 am

paul wrote:Honestly this one's just about done me in, I don't have a lot of fight left in me.

Join the club my friend. I'm gonna get my vent on tonight but I'm pretty much beaten down at this point.
Nothing will not break me.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#54 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:04 am

LUKE23 wrote:
europa wrote:The Bucks currently have the 15th pick in the draft. The idea that Harris at age 20 given his already proven NBA post scoring skills isn't at the very least equal to a player who will be picked in that range next summer is one I cannot in any way agree with.

Yep. I wouldn't even put it at 50% likelihood we get a better player with the pick.

i like how you used a % in your comment to make it sound like you ran some metric on that or something :lol:

could you tell me next what % we have in 2 years of getting a better player in the 2nd round than doron lamb? :lol:

bottom line is its VERY possible we got the best prospect in this deal with this ayon character. hes a big and he produced as a rookie starter... so whats the % likelihood that hes the only guy in this deal not named redick with a 10 year career in this league? can you put a number on that too?

i liked harris. i think he'll put up some nice numbers in orlando. theres a strong chance that hes a poor mans marshawn brooks redux tho. and thats a fact. im not going to put a % on it tho. me personally....i dont have a metric for that.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#55 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 am

paulpressey25 wrote:But for many of us, we aren't then comforted by the idea that we now have the inside track to signing JJ Redick to a 4-year/$32 million dollar deal this summer.

Even if you like Redick, how do we have an "inside track?" We are in the same position as every other team in the league - the same position we would have been if we made a push for him in the offseason.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#56 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Yep. I wouldn't even put it at 50% likelihood we get a better player with the pick.

i like how you used a % in your comment to make it sound like you ran some metric on that or something :lol:

What.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,586

Post#57 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
europa wrote:The Bucks currently have the 15th pick in the draft. The idea that Harris at age 20 given his already proven NBA post scoring skills isn't at the very least equal to a player who will be picked in that range next summer is one I cannot in any way agree with.

Yep. I wouldn't even put it at 50% likelihood we get a better player with the pick.

could you tell me next what % we have in 2 years of getting a better player in the 2nd round than doron lamb? :lol:

bottom line is its VERY possible we got the best prospect in this deal with this ayon character. hes a big and he produced as a rookie starter... so whats the % likelihood that hes the only guy in this deal not named redick with a 10 year career in this league.

i liked harris. i think he'll put up some nice numbers in orlando. theres a strong chance that hes a poor mans marshawn brooks redux tho. and thats a fact. im not going to put a % on it tho. me personally....i dont have a metric for that.

ugh what

Ayon is 27 going on 28 years old and was one of the worst players on one of the worst teams in the league
FREE GIANNIS
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#58 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 am

europa wrote:
paul wrote:Honestly this one's just about done me in, I don't have a lot of fight left in me.

Join the club my friend. I'm gonna get my vent on tonight but I'm pretty much beaten down at this point.

I've been beaten down for quite a while - post much less about the Bucks than I used to - but I was ready to seriously give up if Sanders was dealt for one of these guys. Thankfully we didn't do something that stupid, but once this is all done I am sure I will go back to being a fly on the wall who contributes much more to the music thread than I do conversations pertaining to the Bucks.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#59 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 am

humanrefutation wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:But for many of us, we aren't then comforted by the idea that we now have the inside track to signing JJ Redick to a 4-year/$32 million dollar deal this summer.

Even if you like Redick, how do we have an "inside track?" We are in the same position as every other team in the league - the same position we would have been if we made a push for him in the offseason.

I should have put that in green font.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#60 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 am

LOL. Ayon isn't a prospect. He's 27.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks