ImageImage

Simmons & Lowe weigh in. Redick a "a very, very good player"

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Re: Simmons & Lowe weigh in. Redick a "a very, very good pla 

Post#61 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:bottom line is its VERY possible we got the best prospect in this deal with this ayon character. hes a big and he produced as a rookie starter...

He's 28.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,995

Post#62 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 am

Guys, I came to the conclusion a long time ago that this team could go 0-82 over the next 10 seasons and I'd still root for them. Maybe I wouldn't care that much. Maybe I wouldn't watch the team. But I'll always root for them.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#63 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:08 am

WEFFPIM wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:bottom line is its VERY possible we got the best prospect in this deal with this ayon character. hes a big and he produced as a rookie starter...

He's 28.

With the 35 year olds GoS wants to sign, 28 actually is the age of a prospect to him. Tobes is just getting potty trained.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,609

Post#64 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:08 am

paul wrote:Honestly this one's just about done me in, I don't have a lot of fight left in me.

We still have Larry man. There is still hope :D
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,995

Post#65 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:But for many of us, we aren't then comforted by the idea that we now have the inside track to signing JJ Redick to a 4-year/$32 million dollar deal this summer.

Even if you like Redick, how do we have an "inside track?" We are in the same position as every other team in the league - the same position we would have been if we made a push for him in the offseason.

I should have put that in green font.

Haha, that wasn't directed at you, but moreso the notion of us having the inside track.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,579

Post#66 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:08 am

humanrefutation wrote:Guys, I came to the conclusion a long time ago that this team could go 0-82 over the next 10 seasons and I'd still root for them. Maybe I wouldn't care that much. Maybe I wouldn't watch the team. But I'll always root for them.

think of all the lottery picks...

we'd almost have to luck into a superstar...
FREE GIANNIS
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,033

Post#67 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:09 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
bottom line is its VERY possible we got the best prospect in this deal with this ayon character. hes a big and he produced as a rookie starter... so whats the % likelihood that hes the only guy in this deal not named redick with a 10 year career in this league? can you put a number on that too?

You probably didn't realize this, but Gustavo Ayon turns 28 years old in six-weeks. So a "ten-year career" would probably having him retiring at a later age than every other NBA center save for Jabbar.

ETA: Everyone beat me to it. I was trying to come up with the clever line. Should have just hit "post"
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#68 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:10 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
europa wrote:
paul wrote:Honestly this one's just about done me in, I don't have a lot of fight left in me.

Join the club my friend. I'm gonna get my vent on tonight but I'm pretty much beaten down at this point.

I've been beaten down for quite a while - post much less about the Bucks than I used to

Same here. My interest in this was already at an all-time low. I haven't posted in a couple of weeks and before this trade was debating on whether I would post today based on what the Bucks did. But then they go out and do something amazingly stupid again and I couldn't hold back. I'll probably still tune in to watch them from time to time but I won't go out of my way to watch any more games this season. Other than Sanders there's really nothing on this team that interests me anymore.
Nothing will not break me.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#69 » by randy84 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:10 am

I am just going to go back and watch that first Celtics game and pretend the rest of this is a very bad dream.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#70 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:11 am

trwi7 wrote:With the 35 year olds GoS wants to sign, 28 actually is the age of a prospect to him. Tobes is just getting potty trained.

Yep.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#71 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:11 am

trwi7 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Ayon has shown more in his first two years in the league and he's got size on his side.

Probably because Ayon is going to be **** 28 years old on April 1st and Tobes is 20. No offense DB, but you're acting like a **** moron today.

Harsh.

I know his age. It's the reason we got him in the first place.

You loved Harris quite a bit, huh? Like REALLY loved him?

Like I said with Luke, we just value Harris differently. I think he's easily replaceable. Let's buy another first and take Little Dog. Or send Denver a 2nd for Hamilton. Whatever.

Bottom line is I really don't care about Harris.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#72 » by kebzach » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:12 am

LUKE23 wrote:
europa wrote:The Bucks currently have the 15th pick in the draft. The idea that Harris at age 20 given his already proven NBA post scoring skills isn't at the very least equal to a player who will be picked in that range next summer is one I cannot in any way agree with.

Yep. I wouldn't even put it at 50% likelihood we get a better player with the pick.

Then we should have traded the pick.

And for the record, I am NOT nearly as high on Harris as some of you are/were. He's replaceable. Very.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#73 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 am

So, to clarify, the Bucks gave up a 20-year-old forward who hasn't been given a shot, a rookie guard who's still very raw, and a sought-after expiring for a 29-year-old shooting guard who will get overpaid this offseason, a 27-year-old prospect and a guy named Ishmael.

All while keeping a shooting guard that shoots 26% from deep.

Wow. Look at my pants tent grow.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#74 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 am

I thought the Udoh rationalizations were good last season but GOS just topped them with the Ayon comment.
Nothing will not break me.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#75 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 am

europa wrote:

Join the club my friend. I'm gonna get my vent on tonight but I'm pretty much beaten down at this point.

I'm at that point where I can't even get angry now, or I can't stay angry anyway. I'm just struggling to give a toss after this, I feel utterly defeated.

Contrary to popular belief I was actually ready for Bogut to be traded despite the fact that he was my favorite player, it was time for a change from both sides. Then we traded him for my most disliked player in the NBA.

So at least I've got Tobes to cling to right? Kid's just 20, got plenty of ability, if our coach ever removes his head from his ass and plays him and we haven't completely destroyed all of his confidence we might have something, right? Coach doesn't remove his head from his ass but gets fired so there's hope again for Tobes, I mean our next coach will surely have a different POV on some players than our last one, right? Then we appoint mini-but-not-as-talented-Skiles whose views on players match Skiles pretty much exactly so keeps Tobias buried on the bench.
But maybe we can finally break up this completely asinine backcourt, bring in a guy like Redick and have Tobes bring some offense at the 3 once moron 1 or 2 are moved, right? Then we keep both morons, both of whom want out desperately and have a chance to get out for nothing at seasons end (or next) and trade Tobes for a 28 year old who maybe gets us 2 more wins the remainder of the season and can explore his own FA options in 30 games.

Seriously, we are so f'ing stupid. The only guy I'm happy for right now is Tobias Harris.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#76 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 am

I don't know where you got that I loved Harris. I was laughing at him being an efficient 20 ppg scorer and made jokes about it throughout the year but if you're going to trade him, trade him for something that's guaranteed to be here for more than 30 **** games or trade him for a player that will actually do something for this franchise like maybe help them win a playoff series instead of maybe just winning one or two games against the Heat.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#77 » by SmiteaDwight » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:14 am

trwi7 wrote:
WEFFPIM wrote:

He's 28.

With the 35 year olds GoS wants to sign, 28 actually is the age of a prospect to him. Tobes is just getting potty trained.

Magic fan here.

Just so that you guys know what you're getting in the deal in Ayon and Ish

Ayon: Painful player to watch, I'am really, really glad he's gone. Not really good at anything. Thinks he's steve nash with passes, forgets hes 6'10 and will force passes when he should shoot it next to the basket. Has no idea how to play defense. At all. Not athlete, just a really pitiful player, iam sorry you have him.

As for Ish, He could be a solid starter in the nba if he could just make a jumpshot. He has ELITE ballhandling skills, is a good passer and a surprising athlete who can dunk on you even at his height. His problem is that he cant shoot at all and makes questionable decisions. At this point his ack of shooting is so bad that he never, ever scores, although he will create shots with his speed.
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#78 » by Scoops » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:15 am

This trade is like swapping a powerball ticket for a ham sandwich. The sandwich is kind of enjoyable but quickly gone and you would have been fine without it and the powerball ticket if you get lucky might turn into $3.

At the end of the day who **** cares.
Go Bucks!
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,579

Post#79 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:15 am

I don't even know if Ayon ever even plays for us. We have 6 PFs, 7 if you count Sanders.
FREE GIANNIS
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#80 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:16 am

FrieAaron wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:I like the trade. I'm disappointed we couldn't do Ellis for Smith, but I couldn't understand why the Hawks would even consider that in the first place.

It without a doubt makes us better right now, and since it's going to be hard to go that much further down the standings this year I may as well enjoy watching a better team the rest of the season. After this year it gives us the flexibility of either signing JJ to a reasonable contract or walk and free up a good chunk of cap space when Monta (hopefully) walks as well.

Over 30 games, this probably adds one win over what we get with Udrih. Two on a good day.

Yes, two wins would be a very good day.

over 82 games its 3-4 if you use winscores and moderate playing time in the 30+ minute per game range

Return to Milwaukee Bucks