OT | Cars 

Post#1 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Feb 9, 2014 10:24 pm

Getting a new car in June. My list to test drive are:

Infiniti Q50
Caddy ATS
Mercedes CLA
Audi A3
BMW 3 Series

Anyone have any of those? I like mid-size sedans. I may add the Hybrid Ford Fusion to the mix. My buddy has a Chevy Volt that keeps him away from gas stations. I like that idea, too. Anything else I should consider? I read that Acura has a new TLX coming. Don't know when, though.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#2 » by bigkurty » Sun Feb 9, 2014 10:49 pm

I had a 328 for awhile and it seemed like it was in the shop a lot. Two of my business partners had a 335 and an m5 and their cars were in the shop a lot too. Everything was under warranty too so it's not like any of the cars were old. I did love the handling of the 3 series though.

I have a ctsv now and the thing has been great so I imagine the ats is pretty good. I am considering getting a cls63amg or Audi rs7 soon but I am really holding out hope that Cadillac releases some news on the 2015 ctsv. They really need to add awd to it IMO to keep up on the 0-60 times. 600 hp is cool but not very useful in normal conditions when only two wheels are putting the power down. If they do add awd, I'll probably just get the new v. If not, then I will take the other two cars for a spin. I am also thinking about giving the tesla a shot too.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#3 » by cam2win » Sun Feb 9, 2014 11:27 pm

Kurty, If you can afford an RS7 you are in a price group that is in the upper 3% of the population (if even that many). Congrats on that.

As for Supreme's question, it really depends on what is most important to you. You are looking at vehicles that certainly all qualify as elite. They are all loaded with features and all provide a social status that you will enjoy.

I would ask yourself

1) How much room do you need. You can eliminate SUV vs Sedan vs Coupe that way
2) Do you want performance? Does gas mileage matter to you?
3) I'm assuming you are in Wisconsin so I'd imagine something that handles well in winter is relevant. The best cars i've ever driven in winter have been audi's. The AWD set up on them is amazing in snow.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#4 » by Mags FTW » Sun Feb 9, 2014 11:41 pm

Those sure are some fancy cars for you to eat your Grey Poupon in, Hollywood.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,302

Post#5 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Feb 9, 2014 11:43 pm

1) I don't need too much room. We have a pretty nice SUV for those things. Still, a sedan is the best way to go.

2) Performance is something I'm interested in. I have a 2011 Maxima right now. It's just okay in that department. Gas mileage means a little to me. Not the most important.

3) I'm in MN. The reason I like the A3 over and A4 or A6 is size. I just want a kick ass mid-size car. The label honestly doesn't mean much to me at all. I'd get a Mazda or Kia if it's the best option, but from my cursory research, the ones that I listed seem to be about right. If it's under 45k, even better. I don't drive a lot when I'm in MN. I've had my Maxima for 3 years and it has 15K on it, or something like that.

Looking forward to trying out the ATS.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#6 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Feb 9, 2014 11:43 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Those sure are some fancy cars for you to eat your Grey Poupon in, Hollywood.

You don't wanna know what kind of cars I drive when I'm out there. Trust me. :wink:
clownparade
Bench Warmer
And1: 163

Post#7 » by clownparade » Sun Feb 9, 2014 11:56 pm

hey fancy pants, do something more productive with your riches, like buy out herb kohl and fix the bucks.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#8 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:02 am

clownparade wrote:hey fancy pants, do something more productive with your riches, like buy out herb kohl and fix the bucks.

I'm going to make you VP of motivation when I do.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#9 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:11 am

I bought a '09 Ford Fusion SE new in 2009 and really have loved it. I bought the V6 (FWD) and haven't had any major issues, smooth ride, gas mileage is okay (27-30 highway), and has enough kick if need be. Mine was NOT a hybrid. But I would definitely get another Fusion in the future.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#10 » by InsideOut » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 am

If you're not worried about the status that comes with those German names then I suggest you look at the Hyundai Genesis.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,917

Post#11 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 am

I got a golf r I really like right now. spent under 2K for some super simple mods and im around 330hp. its pretty fun and stays under the radar if you like german vehicles but don't like the stigma.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#12 » by emunney » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:51 am

TESLA
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#13 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:40 am

InsideOut wrote:If you're not worried about the status that comes with those German names then I suggest you look at the Hyundai Genesis.

Too big.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#14 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:41 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:I got a golf r I really like right now. spent under 2K for some super simple mods and im around 330hp. its pretty fun and stays under the radar if you like german vehicles but don't like the stigma.

Now we're talking. I'll add it. Hopefully it's not too small.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#15 » by chuckleslove » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:45 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:I bought a '09 Ford Fusion SE new in 2009 and really have loved it. I bought the V6 (FWD) and haven't had any major issues, smooth ride, gas mileage is okay (27-30 highway), and has enough kick if need be. Mine was NOT a hybrid. But I would definitely get another Fusion in the future.

I love my Fusion, also an SE and not a hybrid. Unlike your driving habits in MN I drive a lot, my Fusion is a 2012 with 45,000 miles on it so yeah, I drive a fair amount. I do like the look of what they did with the Fusion after 2013 with the redesigned body.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,968

Post#16 » by drew881 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 am

How about a Subaru WRX? Will handle the MN roads and is fast.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,114

Post#17 » by KidA24 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 am

Elantra. Honestly. If you're driving it that little, at least test drive one, and see if you enjoy it. Spend your fat movie check on something you can have more time and fun with.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#18 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:12 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:I got a golf r I really like right now. spent under 2K for some super simple mods and im around 330hp. its pretty fun and stays under the radar if you like german vehicles but don't like the stigma.

Now we're talking. I'll add it. Hopefully it's not too small.

im 6'6" and its the most room ive had in any vehicle ive owned. the headroom is crazy. its partly why I bought it. I can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the hatch if I take the drivers out and lay them across and if you put the rear seats down its got minivan space.

the only knock is if you don't want a manual. the 6th gen golf r's didn't come with an auto option. the 7th gen ones are coming this fall and they'll have both offered. plus the news ones are bumping power up another 30 hp as well. id imagine with the mods I have on mine it would be over 350-360 at the crank. theyre fun cars. I can walk a stock 335 in mine. you should test drive one :D
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#19 » by bigkurty » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:38 am

What mods did you do GOS?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#20 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:49 am

bigkurty wrote:What mods did you do GOS?

intake, upgraded fuel pump, and tune.

best part is most vw dealerships could care less about modifications up to that level. some of them are even licensed apr dealers and will install the crap on your car when you buy it... that means I have 100% warranty if something breaks. the guys at my local dealership all ask me about it and think its cool when I bring it in. you don't experience that with other makes. vw is really supports their enthusiast roots by not squashing their aftermarket with warranty denials for mods.

apr is the biggest aftermarket tuning house for vw btw. think dinan/bmw or renntech/mb for comparison. if you go to apr's website look at apr stage 1+ and look at the dyno plots. theres alot more to be had with exhaust upgrades but thats where im stopping on my car. I got other rides I ripped the exhausts off of. this ones staying stock underneath so my wife will still go on dates with me :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks