OT | Cars

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#521 » by wallus » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:23 am

jute2003 wrote:
wallus wrote:Man I'd love for the car market to go back to somewhat normal so I can upgrade my ride. I'm too stubborn to overpay.
You can find new vehicles that are priced ok. The used market is frickin stupid though

I've never paid anywhere near MSRP for a new car. The model I am looking at is 10-20k over sticker.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,640

Post#522 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:21 am

I haven't liked the BMW dash for quite some time. But I was just reading about the '23 X7, and came across this pic of the update.

So much better to me. They did a great job with the two-tone, which isn't always the case, and it looks much less...stacked, I guess? If they bring this down the line, I'll give it more serious consideration on next go.

With that said, still loving my XC40 and the Scandinavian design. I'm approaching 2.5 years and would have no problem at this point going 2.5 more, and I haven't ever thought that about any car I've had. Think I'm probably holding out for either a US-bound electric hybrid, or 400mi range all electric. That'll be the tipping point for me to go all-in.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,403

Post#523 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:36 pm

Thoughts on the new M2?

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,719

Post#524 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:47 pm

Still will never get used to the "iPad stuck on dash" design element. Makes car cabins look atrocious. I greatly prefer screens being integrated into the dash.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,640

Post#525 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:09 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Thoughts on the new M2?

Yes.

CharityStripe34 wrote:Still will never get used to the "iPad stuck on dash" design element. Makes car cabins look atrocious. I greatly prefer screens being integrated into the dash.

Me too. But I do think the new BMW take is the best version of it so far. They did bring the X7 look down to the M2. Looks much better than the old ones, and MB. Well, everything looks better than an MB dash.

CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#526 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:16 pm

I'm just sad about the manual transmission fading into oblivion.

This is why my next car is going to be a vintage model Alfa Romeo (I own a Giulia Veloce). I'm a weird curmudgeon by nature and I want to keep the analog driving experience as long as I can.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#527 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:49 am

Looking for my next summer jam to replace the F-Type R. All of the cool, fun cars (of my taste) are being discontinued.

I'm all for the EV era, but that sucks. Hopefully they replace the R8 and NSX with awesome cars. Or at least update the interior of the Aston Martin Vantage.

First world problems for sure, but still...

The Jag has been amazing, though. And it's a serious head-turner. People love that thing.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#528 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:51 am

jschligs wrote:How tall are you Supreme? That car looks slick but I feel I'd be too cramped in it at 6'4" lol. That's why my second vehicle is going to be a more luxury sedan type whip.

5'9". My son is 6'3" and fits in the passenger seat just fine. He'll never know the pleasure of the driver's seat. 8-)
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#529 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:29 am

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#530 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:50 am

Badgerlander wrote:Image

I actually considered that for like a whole day but couldn't justify the cost. I think I like this Maserati more, though:

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#531 » by Chapter29 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:13 pm

Hey guys, long time.

My 2015 baby is getting closer and closer to track ready.

Custom Built Racing motor from IAG
610 BHP / 520 WHP / 520 TQ at 4200 RPM. An absolute beast and incredibly fun to drive.

Next up - Suspension goes on next month. Reducing that gap and better track performance.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#532 » by Chapter29 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:17 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
jschligs wrote:How tall are you Supreme? That car looks slick but I feel I'd be too cramped in it at 6'4" lol. That's why my second vehicle is going to be a more luxury sedan type whip.

5'9". My son is 6'3" and fits in the passenger seat just fine. He'll never know the pleasure of the driver's seat. 8-)

That's a bummer. My son has an open invitation to drive either of my cars....my STI or my M2 (daily driver) whenever he wants. He is too scared too....LOL

Looking to upgrade the M2 to an M850, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Giannis
is
UponUs
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#533 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:33 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:

I actually considered that for like a whole day but couldn't justify the cost. I think I like this Maserati more, though:

Gimme the MC20. Its was supposed to be the Alfa Romeo 6C halo car, as the Nettuno V6 is a tweaked (F1) version of the Quadrifoglio engine (which is a derivative of Ferrari's outgoing F154 V8). The new GT is stunning, to be sure. Gonna be weird without that utterly sexy V8 engine note from the prior generation GT.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#534 » by Lippo » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:26 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:Still will never get used to the "iPad stuck on dash" design element. Makes car cabins look atrocious. I greatly prefer screens being integrated into the dash.

Why I got the Q8, couldn’t stand the Lexus and BMW iPad dashes… Escalade and Mercedes Gs were only others to have built in LCDs.
PaulKellerman
Junior
And1: 616

Post#535 » by PaulKellerman » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:32 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Thoughts on the new M2?

Looks like direct descendant of the E92 M3. Muscular, broad shoulders and less rounded. I like it a lot despite the excessive sheetmetal at the 1/4 panels
PaulKellerman
Junior

Post#536 » by PaulKellerman » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:34 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:

The GranTurismo was a Pininfirina design, an all-time classic. One of the most beautiful coupes of the last few decades, IMHO
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#537 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:00 pm

PaulKellerman wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

The GranTurismo was a Pininfirina design, an all-time classic. One of the most beautiful coupes of the last few decades, IMHO

I actually saw an MC Stradale rumbling down the highway on Saturday. Such a timless, gorgeous design and that engine note :waaa:
PaulKellerman
Junior

Post#538 » by PaulKellerman » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:00 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
PaulKellerman wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

I actually saw an MC Stradale rumbling down the highway on Saturday. Such a timless, gorgeous design and that engine note :waaa:

That engine is a monster. I remember walking home from work years ago. I had my big, Shure headphones on with music blasting. I see these xenon headlights in the distance and think, this is something special. Sure enough, the exhaust note starts picking up and it gets extremely pronounced as it gets close.

The big, over the ear headphones did nothing to muffle that violent sound. I'll never forget that
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,764

Post#539 » by ReginaldDwight » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:54 pm

All this car talk makes me reflect on my first year with the Accord, my first new car and I put heavy miles on it this year plus i had it over 20k miles almost entirely leisure trips. Includes a 1000 mile day from Denver to Milwaukee. Car drives itself at 80plus on the freeway. Nearly 40mpg on that 1000 mile run back from Denver.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#540 » by BUCKnation » Tue Aug 1, 2023 1:18 am

My car got rammed into the back right panel in a hit and run in my apartment parking garage... fun stuff and of course no cameras.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks