ImageImage

OT | Cars

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

vegaspacker
Analyst
Posts: 3,033
And1: 708
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
   

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#361 » by vegaspacker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:09 am

Picked up a rag top convertible side-piece about 7 months ago. It's a Buick Casacada. Not very fast, pretty heavy, and averages about 22mpg. Yet, it is fun and fast enough for me. 200hp with a turbo. It is a really nice looking ride, and the top can be dropped or raised at 31 mph or less. It was my anti-covid purchase. Nobody else has one.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
JimmyPlopper
Sophomore
Posts: 111
And1: 50
Joined: Sep 25, 2020

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#362 » by JimmyPlopper » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:12 am

vegaspacker wrote:Picked up a rag top convertible side-piece about 7 months ago. It's a Buick Casacada. Not very fast, pretty heavy, and averages about 22mpg. Yet, it is fun and fast enough for me. 200hp with a turbo. It is a really nice looking ride, and the top can be dropped or raised at 31 mph or less. It was my anti-covid purchase. Nobody else has one.


that sounds super fun. what year is it? and color if you don't mind? mine's about to croak, and i'm looking for ideas.
User avatar
ackypoo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,238
And1: 2,345
Joined: Jan 03, 2013
 

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#363 » by ackypoo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
ackypoo wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:I'm so old that it's time to buy my son a car. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Golf GTI? I need him to have something nice and quick enough that I might want to drive it on occasion, but not nice enough that the police automatically think he stole it. The GTI seems like that kind of car. Thought about the entry-level Tesla but hear too many bad things about the build quality.

i drive a poor mans gti, hyundai elantra gt n line. its fun to drive.

but, if price isnt as big of an obstacle for you, consider a golf R.


Ha. I'm not getting that kid an R. He's lucky I'm considering a GTI.

kia stinger?
jute2003
Veteran
Posts: 2,977
And1: 1,082
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
     

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#364 » by jute2003 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:28 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I'm so old that it's time to buy my son a car. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Golf GTI? I need him to have something nice and quick enough that I might want to drive it on occasion, but not nice enough that the police automatically think he stole it. The GTI seems like that kind of car. Thought about the entry-level Tesla but hear too many bad things about the build quality.
Turbo cx30?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motortrend.com/news/2021-mazda-cx-30-2-5-turbo-first-look-photos/amp/
only a fan, only an opinion
CharityStripe34
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,828
And1: 662
Joined: Dec 01, 2014
     

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#365 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:22 pm

Huge car/driving fan. It's not only functional, but an art to me.

I own a 2007 ultra-reliable Toyota Yaris as a daily. My special baby is a 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, with suspension-dampeners and a LSD. By far the greatest car I've ever driven. And totally reliable, not so much as a hiccup. Far and away the greatest sports-sedan on the market with the most dynamic driving characteristics. And I've driven all the German competition (Audi, BMW, Merc). The only one that sort of comes close is the Jaguar XE-S (as far as style and handling), but I've also always been a fan of Jaguar.
msiris
General Manager
Posts: 8,841
And1: 898
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#366 » by msiris » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:01 pm

Took 8 years to fully restore this 1970 Mach One.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
Ride the tank
User avatar
BMatt07
Starter
Posts: 2,040
And1: 1,621
Joined: Jun 24, 2014
     

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#367 » by BMatt07 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 am

Jeez.. been on the hunt for a 2020 Civic Si coupe, and it has been brutal.

Definitely not a good time to be looking to buy this car. Honda has recently discontinued the coupe moving forward, and also announced that the new 11th generation Si will not be hitting dealer floors until this time next year. Not much presently working in my favor.

Trying to find a dealer willing to make a deal is just not happening.
wapith
Sophomore
Posts: 249
And1: 84
Joined: Jul 13, 2013

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#368 » by wapith » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:05 am

LittleRooster wrote:All you guys in your fancy cars and I’m livin’ my best life in my Subaru Legacy

I’d love a Beamer or VW GTI if I could afford it lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I feel ya. I drive a 2005 diesel Jetta with 250k miles and non-functioning A/C.

Sure could afford something nicer, but I believe in running cars until no longer economically viable (I.e. when repairs are more costly than value of car). Hoping to get another year out of the Jetta.
User avatar
tski1972
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,906
And1: 2,565
Joined: May 24, 2011
Location: Wow-saw, WI
Contact:
     

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#369 » by tski1972 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:47 pm

‘06 Vibe still kickin’.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

Image

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 67,516
And1: 20,375
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#370 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:58 pm

BMatt07 wrote:Jeez.. been on the hunt for a 2020 Civic Si coupe, and it has been brutal.

Definitely not a good time to be looking to buy this car. Honda has recently discontinued the coupe moving forward, and also announced that the new 11th generation Si will not be hitting dealer floors until this time next year. Not much presently working in my favor.

Trying to find a dealer willing to make a deal is just not happening.

I have a '16 coupe Touring and love it. I've been eyeballing a Type R, I love those, but I also love not having a car payment and I prefer coupes. The SI's are sweet, I didn't realize they are hard to find.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
Nowak008
RealGM
Posts: 14,469
And1: 4,123
Joined: Jul 07, 2006
Location: Book Publisher
Contact:

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#371 » by Nowak008 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:45 am

Looking at getting an SUV that is powerful enough to pull a small camper. Do I need a V8? Would an Acura MDX be powerful enough? I want to keep my car and we are looking at upgrading my wife's vehicle. She isn't too crazy about getting a Tahoe or an Explorer.
Image
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters


THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
jute2003
Veteran
Posts: 2,977
And1: 1,082
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
     

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#372 » by jute2003 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Nowak008 wrote:Looking at getting an SUV that is powerful enough to pull a small camper. Do I need a V8? Would an Acura MDX be powerful enough? I want to keep my car and we are looking at upgrading my wife's vehicle. She isn't too crazy about getting a Tahoe or an Explorer.
If it is really a small camper, a midsized suv like the mdx shouldn't have any problem with it. They can tow an unexpectedly high amount.
only a fan, only an opinion

Return to Milwaukee Bucks