ImageImage

OT | Cars

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,220

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#421 » by Chapter29 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:06 pm

BMW is getting a ton of hate on that grill and said its staying and sales will determine if its is embraced. For me, meh. Current grill is better but I don't care that much and it would not stop me from buying....my wife has that role well defined. :)
Giannis
is
UponUs
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 168

Post#422 » by fam3381 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:13 am

Chapter29 wrote:I have an M2 today and that M4 Competition is a bad a$$ machine. Love it and I am not married to the original grill and don't mind that change at all. What I want is the AWD variant with 500HP.

Now, getting my wife to approve this purchase? Much easier said than done. She wants me to sell my race car to get an M4. NO!

I had a 2013 135is (with the BMW Performance Exhaust among other things) for 5 years and absolutely loved it -- so naturally I fell in love with the M2 when it came out, but by the time I was in the market for a new car I had a kid on the way and my wife told me my days of driving 2-door coupes were over!
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,220

Post#423 » by Chapter29 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:02 pm

fam3381 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:I have an M2 today and that M4 Competition is a bad a$$ machine. Love it and I am not married to the original grill and don't mind that change at all. What I want is the AWD variant with 500HP.

Now, getting my wife to approve this purchase? Much easier said than done. She wants me to sell my race car to get an M4. NO!

I had a 2013 135is (with the BMW Performance Exhaust among other things) for 5 years and absolutely loved it -- so naturally I fell in love with the M2 when it came out, but by the time I was in the market for a new car I had a kid on the way and my wife told me my days of driving 2-door coupes were over!

Ha, my wife tried with me as well a few times. The last time was 6 years or so ago (kids gone but still she tries). I went from a 2 door coupe G37xS (loved that car!) to a 4 door family friendly car, my STI. :) And since that car is being built and suffers sometimes from race car people problems, I got my little M for a daily driver. Of course I proceeded to slightly modify and tune that car too. A quick little car for sure.
Giannis
is
UponUs
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,302

Post#424 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:48 pm

I was wrong. I just went to see the new M3 in green.

It’s dope. Right up my alley. I definitely would buy an all wheel drive version. And just might.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,781

Post#425 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Mar 3, 2021 4:13 pm

Not related to the cool car conversation in this thread, but thought I would share recent experience about car buying.
2019 Atlas V6 w/technology package 27k - $24.9 - Dealer near Oak Brook - Ford Dealership
Dropped the wife off Friday night to get a feel for the car, and if they were willing to drop down, she should go ahead and buy it since it seemed like a reasonable price (Cheapest basically nation-wide if you do a basketball reference drill down to very specific parameters), otherwise wait until saturday since it was the last day of the month and might give in and call us back.
Wife says she liked the car but they werent willing to budge and almost didn't seem like they wanted to sell the car (not sure if they thought she wasn't seriously since she said she was considering other cars/I wasnt there). Wife had also mentioned we didn't have trade-in/pre-approved on financing.
We decide it is still a great price and willing to buy at the listed price so go back early Saturday morning. On the way I notice it was moved to $25.9k.
We say we like the car and want to buy on the emailed offer of $24.9. They come back with what included a $1,200 dealer/doc fee. I said their disclosures did not mention this and was specific on a Taxes, registration and $300 doc fee. He tried first saying that is why it shows as $25.9k. I said no, that number changed as you can see from the email. He then tried saying it was due to service, which I said no should be sales price. After 3 rounds of 'going to manager' and being told they cant do anything cause it is already priced so low and we dont have a trade-in, we walk. Get to my car and strap the kid in the car seat and a manager comes out, I explain his pricing seemed to be based on only willing to sell if there is back-end money and didn't seem like a real offer and he said he would do the listed price.

After that, it went super quick and easy - no attempt to sell after market paint, no gap or warranty, and they got 2.14% when we just said we needed to match our bank at 2.7%, and without asking he waived their posted CC policy and allowed $3k on a credit card no fee (huge win for the churner in me).

Just a really weird experience. I understand they play games, but it went from them not wanting to sell the car and basically wanting us to leave, to giving us more than we asked. IDK if they were scared we would complain about their pricing tactics or they really got the price they wanted but were trying to squeeze out a few hundred before closing the deal? Overall, I'm happy with the deal and only took about 3 hour but man, it was a roller coaster.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,286

Post#426 » by jute2003 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 4:19 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Not related to the cool car conversation in this thread, but thought I would share recent experience about car buying.
2019 Atlas V6 w/technology package 27k - $24.9 - Dealer near Oak Brook - Ford Dealership
Dropped the wife off Friday night to get a feel for the car, and if they were willing to drop down, she should go ahead and buy it since it seemed like a reasonable price (Cheapest basically nation-wide if you do a basketball reference drill down to very specific parameters), otherwise wait until saturday since it was the last day of the month and might give in and call us back.
Wife says she liked the car but they werent willing to budge and almost didn't seem like they wanted to sell the car (not sure if they thought she wasn't seriously since she said she was considering other cars/I wasnt there). Wife had also mentioned we didn't have trade-in/pre-approved on financing.
We decide it is still a great price and willing to buy at the listed price so go back early Saturday morning. On the way I notice it was moved to $25.9k.
We say we like the car and want to buy on the emailed offer of $24.9. They come back with what included a $1,200 dealer/doc fee. I said their disclosures did not mention this and was specific on a Taxes, registration and $300 doc fee. He tried first saying that is why it shows as $25.9k. I said no, that number changed as you can see from the email. He then tried saying it was due to service, which I said no should be sales price. After 3 rounds of 'going to manager' and being told they cant do anything cause it is already priced so low and we dont have a trade-in, we walk. Get to my car and strap the kid in the car seat and a manager comes out, I explain his pricing seemed to be based on only willing to sell if there is back-end money and didn't seem like a real offer and he said he would do the listed price.

After that, it went super quick and easy - no attempt to sell after market paint, no gap or warranty, and they got 2.14% when we just said we needed to match our bank at 2.7%, and without asking he waived their posted CC policy and allowed $3k on a credit card no fee (huge win for the churner in me).

Just a really weird experience. I understand they play games, but it went from them not wanting to sell the car and basically wanting us to leave, to giving us more than we asked. IDK if they were scared we would complain about their pricing tactics or they really got the price they wanted but were trying to squeeze out a few hundred before closing the deal? Overall, I'm happy with the deal and only took about 3 hour but man, it was a roller coaster.
Seems a bit sketch but you said it was the cheapest price on that specific vehicle possibly nationwide. I'm not sure why you'd expect the dealer experience to be good.
only a fan, only an opinion
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,781

Post#427 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Mar 3, 2021 4:30 pm

jute2003 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Seems a bit sketch but you said it was the cheapest price on that specific vehicle possibly nationwide. I'm not sure why you'd expect the dealer experience to be good.

Yeah, I definitely expected games, but would've thought they would have held firm on the dealer fees, or try to wear us down at each stop along the way (you reeeeaaaaalllly need this warranty with VK, let me show you 10 different price ranges and what you would save...type pitch), or taking every cent in the spread on the finance side or skimping on using a credit card. It was just more weird how it went down.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 168

Post#428 » by fam3381 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:49 am

SupremeHustle wrote:I was wrong. I just went to see the new M3 in green.

It’s dope. Right up my alley. I definitely would buy an all wheel drive version. And just might.

No one I’d rather watch review a car than Chris Harris...and he got a green one just for you!

Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#429 » by buckboy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:03 pm

If I win the lottery I'm definitely buying this baby:

https://www.caranddriver.com/audi/e-tron-gt

Or if I become a Hollywood bigshot. Either way.

637 HP. :rofl2:
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,343

Post#430 » by ackypoo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:13 pm

buckboy wrote:If I win the lottery I'm definitely buying this baby:

without looking at spec, why this over the porsche taycan?
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,619

Post#431 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:27 pm

I’m no car snob but that green BMW looks beautiful to me.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,829

Post#432 » by jschligs » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Hot damn that Audi is sexy. I always say if I get wealthy I'd buy an Audi luxury sedan.

Does anyone know the best way to change out chrome finishes on a truck? The used one I bought has far too much chrome, I want to at least make the bumpers match the block body, but don't know if a wrap is good enough or if I should buy OEM primered bumpers and have them painted or what.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#433 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:08 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:I’m no car snob but that green BMW looks beautiful to me.

Dude, it's so dope in person. Never in my life would I have considered a green car until I saw that.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#434 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:10 pm

jschligs wrote:Hot damn that Audi is sexy. I always say if I get wealthy I'd buy an Audi luxury sedan.

Does anyone know the best way to change out chrome finishes on a truck? The used one I bought has far too much chrome, I want to at least make the bumpers match the block body, but don't know if a wrap is good enough or if I should buy OEM primered bumpers and have them painted or what.

I've heard people mention something called Plastidip I think.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#435 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:24 pm

ackypoo wrote:
buckboy wrote:If I win the lottery I'm definitely buying this baby:

without looking at spec, why this over the porsche taycan?

I'd be happy with either one. I like the E-Tron GT's exterior and the Taycan's interior. I'd probably like the way the Porsche drives more, but as a daily driver that difference wouldn't matter too much. They both seem like cool cars. Electric is probably the way to go for a DD.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#436 » by buckboy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 pm

Just the look. Just a gorgeous car imo.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,198

Post#437 » by dbrodz7 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:48 pm

Finally took the SUV plunge on Monday. I've got two dogs and the first kid just turned 10 weeks, so we are going to need the extra room. We ended up going with a 2021 Honda Pilot EX-L. Never expected to buy a new car in my life at any point, but we ended up only having to pay $4-6k more than the used 2019s are going for that have the safety features we wanted. It's crazy how inflated the used car market is right now. Pilots with 25-40k miles have market asking prices in the $31-32k range and the dealers won't budge off that price. One of my friends knows a sales guy at the dealership that's closest to my house, so I was able to get an excellent out the door price. Looking forward to that first trip up north to test out all the new features, especially the automatic brights on those country highways and the adaptive cruise control.
Misery loves company
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#438 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Jul 8, 2021 9:01 pm

Wanted something to zip around in but also wanted to keep my X4M. So I dropped a deposit for one of these:

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,543

Post#439 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jul 8, 2021 9:35 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Wanted something to zip around in but also wanted to keep my X4M. So I dropped a deposit for one of these:

I hadn't heard about this until your post here. What a beautiful car. What color? The "Verdant" (BRG) is gorgeous.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#440 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Jul 8, 2021 9:47 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Wanted something to zip around in but also wanted to keep my X4M. So I dropped a deposit for one of these:

I hadn't heard about this until your post here. What a beautiful car. What color? The "Verdant" (BRG) is gorgeous.

I told my wife I'm leaning toward the yellow and we almost got into an argument so probably this:

Plenty of time to decide (and change my mind) :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks