ImageImage

OT | Cars

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#361 » by vegaspacker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:09 am

Picked up a rag top convertible side-piece about 7 months ago. It's a Buick Casacada. Not very fast, pretty heavy, and averages about 22mpg. Yet, it is fun and fast enough for me. 200hp with a turbo. It is a really nice looking ride, and the top can be dropped or raised at 31 mph or less. It was my anti-covid purchase. Nobody else has one.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,546

Post#362 » by JimmyPlopper » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:12 am

vegaspacker wrote:Picked up a rag top convertible side-piece about 7 months ago. It's a Buick Casacada. Not very fast, pretty heavy, and averages about 22mpg. Yet, it is fun and fast enough for me. 200hp with a turbo. It is a really nice looking ride, and the top can be dropped or raised at 31 mph or less. It was my anti-covid purchase. Nobody else has one.

that sounds super fun. what year is it? and color if you don't mind? mine's about to croak, and i'm looking for ideas.
In the shadows of a golden age
A generation waits for dawn
Brave carry on
Bold and the strong
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,343

Post#363 » by ackypoo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
ackypoo wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:I'm so old that it's time to buy my son a car. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Golf GTI? I need him to have something nice and quick enough that I might want to drive it on occasion, but not nice enough that the police automatically think he stole it. The GTI seems like that kind of car. Thought about the entry-level Tesla but hear too many bad things about the build quality.

i drive a poor mans gti, hyundai elantra gt n line. its fun to drive.

but, if price isnt as big of an obstacle for you, consider a golf R.

Ha. I'm not getting that kid an R. He's lucky I'm considering a GTI.

kia stinger?
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,286

Post#364 » by jute2003 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:28 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I'm so old that it's time to buy my son a car. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Golf GTI? I need him to have something nice and quick enough that I might want to drive it on occasion, but not nice enough that the police automatically think he stole it. The GTI seems like that kind of car. Thought about the entry-level Tesla but hear too many bad things about the build quality.
Turbo cx30?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motortrend.com/news/2021-mazda-cx-30-2-5-turbo-first-look-photos/amp/
only a fan, only an opinion
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#365 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:22 pm

Huge car/driving fan. It's not only functional, but an art to me.

I own a 2007 ultra-reliable Toyota Yaris as a daily. My special baby is a 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, with suspension-dampeners and a LSD. By far the greatest car I've ever driven. And totally reliable, not so much as a hiccup. Far and away the greatest sports-sedan on the market with the most dynamic driving characteristics. And I've driven all the German competition (Audi, BMW, Merc). The only one that sort of comes close is the Jaguar XE-S (as far as style and handling), but I've also always been a fan of Jaguar.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,669

Post#366 » by msiris » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:01 pm

Took 8 years to fully restore this 1970 Mach One.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ride the tank
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#367 » by BMatt07 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 am

Jeez.. been on the hunt for a 2020 Civic Si coupe, and it has been brutal.

Definitely not a good time to be looking to buy this car. Honda has recently discontinued the coupe moving forward, and also announced that the new 11th generation Si will not be hitting dealer floors until this time next year. Not much presently working in my favor.

Trying to find a dealer willing to make a deal is just not happening.
wapith
Junior
And1: 164

Post#368 » by wapith » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:05 am

LittleRooster wrote:All you guys in your fancy cars and I’m livin’ my best life in my Subaru Legacy

I’d love a Beamer or VW GTI if I could afford it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel ya. I drive a 2005 diesel Jetta with 250k miles and non-functioning A/C.

Sure could afford something nicer, but I believe in running cars until no longer economically viable (I.e. when repairs are more costly than value of car). Hoping to get another year out of the Jetta.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,586

Post#369 » by tski1972 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:47 pm

‘06 Vibe still kickin’.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,776

Post#370 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:58 pm

BMatt07 wrote:Jeez.. been on the hunt for a 2020 Civic Si coupe, and it has been brutal.

Definitely not a good time to be looking to buy this car. Honda has recently discontinued the coupe moving forward, and also announced that the new 11th generation Si will not be hitting dealer floors until this time next year. Not much presently working in my favor.

Trying to find a dealer willing to make a deal is just not happening.

I have a '16 coupe Touring and love it. I've been eyeballing a Type R, I love those, but I also love not having a car payment and I prefer coupes. The SI's are sweet, I didn't realize they are hard to find.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#371 » by Nowak008 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:45 am

Looking at getting an SUV that is powerful enough to pull a small camper. Do I need a V8? Would an Acura MDX be powerful enough? I want to keep my car and we are looking at upgrading my wife's vehicle. She isn't too crazy about getting a Tahoe or an Explorer.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,286

Post#372 » by jute2003 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Nowak008 wrote:Looking at getting an SUV that is powerful enough to pull a small camper. Do I need a V8? Would an Acura MDX be powerful enough? I want to keep my car and we are looking at upgrading my wife's vehicle. She isn't too crazy about getting a Tahoe or an Explorer.
If it is really a small camper, a midsized suv like the mdx shouldn't have any problem with it. They can tow an unexpectedly high amount.
only a fan, only an opinion
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#373 » by vegaspacker » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:44 am

JimmyPlopper wrote:
vegaspacker wrote:Picked up a rag top convertible side-piece about 7 months ago. It's a Buick Casacada. Not very fast, pretty heavy, and averages about 22mpg. Yet, it is fun and fast enough for me. 200hp with a turbo. It is a really nice looking ride, and the top can be dropped or raised at 31 mph or less. It was my anti-covid purchase. Nobody else has one.

that sounds super fun. what year is it? and color if you don't mind? mine's about to croak, and i'm looking for ideas.

I had two choices, white or black. Being in the desert I went with the black. The top washes well in the brushless automations. Really like the whip. It's a 2018.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,169

Post#374 » by wallus » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:27 am

msiris wrote:Took 8 years to fully restore this 1970 Mach One.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Honestly, that is on my top 2 classic cars I will own one day. Same car, year and color... very jealous.
bbbarnett47
Junior
And1: 127

Post#375 » by bbbarnett47 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Recently bought a '17 A4 and absolutely love the thing. Its sporty, practical, quick and has AWD.

Knew pretty much immediately after test driving that I wanted it. Was driving a Ford Fusion rental at the time and the feel was SUCH a night/day difference, the A4 just floats on the road.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#376 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:01 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts on the Golf GTI?

I drive a GTI autobahn and I love it. It's fun to drive, super comfortable, and sporty but not in a "screams midlife crisis" sort of way. I hope by the time I'm ready to replace it in a few years VW will have a nice electric one.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#377 » by mke_design » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:07 am

ackypoo wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
ackypoo wrote:i drive a poor mans gti, hyundai elantra gt n line. its fun to drive.

but, if price isnt as big of an obstacle for you, consider a golf R.

kia stinger?

a bit too flashy - go with a WRX. I love mine.

edit: I also will never give money to VW after what they did.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,302

Post#378 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:31 pm

mke_design wrote:
ackypoo wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

kia stinger?

Yeah, man. I struggle with that because I really want a Cayman or 911 or a Taycan for myself next, but that was messed up.

I think we settled on a Corolla Hatchback for the kid.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,343

Post#379 » by ackypoo » Fri Nov 6, 2020 3:51 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
mke_design wrote:
ackypoo wrote:kia stinger?

Yeah, man. I struggle with that because I really want a Cayman or 911 or a Taycan for myself next, but that was messed up.

I think we settled on a Corolla Hatchback for the kid.

toyota is supposed to be releasing a new hot hatch soon.
https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/gr-hot-hatch/

i was really hoping it'd be the yaris gr awd 2 door hatch, and then id trade in my hyundai elantra gtnline for one...but from what i hear its more likely going to be a corolla gr which would be a massive upgrade from the standard corolla hatch.

not a big enough upgrade for me to trade in my hyundai tho.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,004

Post#380 » by BuckFan25226 » Sat Nov 7, 2020 4:48 pm

Just officially put my order in this morning for the 2021 Durango Hellcat. Can't wait!
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi

Return to Milwaukee Bucks