ImageImage

OT | Cars

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,854

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#381 » by Jez2983 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 4:04 am

Gonna ask for a couple of opinions on an SUV in this thread later but I'll have to work out what the US names are :lol:

Actually I think it may be the same. Subaru Forester vs Rav4. My wife loves the hybrid idea, and basically it looks that the Forester is a green-washed version. Unfortunately I like the Forester.

We'd use it for 2 kids and 2 large dogs, long drives interstate (when allowed) and some soft roading (beech/camping). My concern is that the Rav can't do much of the soft road stuff.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,368

Post#382 » by randy84 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 4:24 am

Jez2983 wrote:Gonna ask for a couple of opinions on an SUV in this thread later but I'll have to work out what the US names are :lol:

Actually I think it may be the same. Subaru Forester vs Rav4. My wife loves the hybrid idea, and basically it looks that the Forester is a green-washed version. Unfortunately I like the Forester.

We'd use it for 2 kids and 2 large dogs, long drives interstate (when allowed) and some soft roading (beech/camping). My concern is that the Rav can't do much of the soft road stuff.

My wife has a RAV hybrid. We don't have any problems with the soft road stuff. The hybrid AWD works great off road. Rear wheels work off the electrical motor. The only issue that you may have is space. The new RAV4 seems a bit smaller than the 2009 RAV4 my wife had before. She averages 39 mpg both city and hwy. Overall a pretty decent vehicle.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,781

Post#383 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Nov 9, 2020 4:27 am

Jez2983 wrote:Gonna ask for a couple of opinions on an SUV in this thread later but I'll have to work out what the US names are :lol:

Coincidentally I just hit a deer with my wife's rav and was gonna post here about suggestions. She liked it but I don't really see the point. It's not that much more spacious than a car, only 2 rows and no towing or payload capabilities (pretty much the same as my malibu). Hoping to get something with a 3rd row since 2 cars seats would take up the whole back. I'm cheap and a slightly used sorento seems to check the box but not sure if Kia's quality has gotten any better.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,854

Post#384 » by Jez2983 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 5:37 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Coincidentally I just hit a deer with my wife's rav and was gonna post here about suggestions. She liked it but I don't really see the point. It's not that much more spacious than a car, only 2 rows and no towing or payload capabilities (pretty much the same as my malibu). Hoping to get something with a 3rd row since 2 cars seats would take up the whole back. I'm cheap and a slightly used sorento seems to check the box but not sure if Kia's quality has gotten any better.

I think Kia has a better reputation than before. We looked at a lot of 7 seaters, but frankly my anxious shepherd destroys things in the back so that wasn't gonna fly. Looking at things like future costs Toyota is cheap for maintenance. In Australia their next model up is called the Kluger, but frankly it's a soccer mum car. Hyundai has the Santa Fe (probably a different name in US as well!) which really had a lot of nice tech, and luxury for the price. This was their top model, which I imagine is priced similarly for the mid-tier Euro stuff. 2-ton towing. Liked it but excessive for our needs.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#385 » by Nightfall » Mon Nov 9, 2020 9:24 am

I was in similar situation 1 year ago, looking for a family SUV with plenty of space without being overly bulky, long drives (German Highways, Europe trips) and occasionally offroad (hobby angler), and comfortable for a 6ft 3" and "heavy boned :D " guy. I ended up test driving Audi Q5, Volvo XC60, Skoda Kodiaq.

I ended up with the Kodiaq Sportline (there are cheaper versions as well), great build (VW), spacious, lots of tech, a joy to ride whether in town or for trips, no regrets whatsoever :

https://www.skoda.com.au/models/kodiaq-family/kodiaq-sportline
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,343

Post#386 » by ackypoo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:58 pm

when does the genesis gv70 come out? thats what id buy if i was buying an suv.

also, i really wish we were getting this in the states - https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/toyota/gr-yaris
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,543

Post#387 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:29 pm

ackypoo wrote:when does the genesis gv70 come out? thats what id buy if i was buying an suv.

I hate the steering wheel (especially) and dash so damn much. I don't think I could get over staring at those every time I drive.

Beautiful car otherwise. Love the lines - reminds me of the
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#388 » by ackypoo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:52 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ackypoo wrote:when does the genesis gv70 come out? thats what id buy if i was buying an suv.

I hate the steering wheel (especially) and dash so damn much. I don't think I could get over staring at those every time I drive.

im also not a big fan of the steering wheel. i dont have any hatred for that dash though. its gorgeous. not in that color though.

i think i could get used to the wheel though considering this will draw comparisons to vehicles that are considerably more pricey.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#389 » by WRau1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:57 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

That dash uses on-board nvidia graphics, I bet you can flash some games on there.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#390 » by ackypoo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:00 pm

another image of the interior with a different wheel and color

Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 953

Post#391 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:20 am

So I'm laying in bed last night, trying to decide if I want to buy a new car... I haven't been able to pull the trigger for awhile. Finally I said to myself, if Giannis signs tomorrow, I'll do it. That rat bastard...

Can't decide, gray or green (both grays and greens are the same color, just different light). I like both, but not sure I have the guts to pick the green. Any opinions on one vs the other? I've had really dark gray cars for forever and don't want black... I need something different this time.

or

"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Post#392 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:52 am

Gray definitely
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,012

Post#393 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:55 am

Ryan5UW wrote:So I'm laying in bed last night, trying to decide if I want to buy a new car... I haven't been able to pull the trigger for awhile. Finally I said to myself, if Giannis signs tomorrow, I'll do it. That rat bastard...

Can't decide, gray or green (both grays and greens are the same color, just different light). I like both, but not sure I have the guts to pick the green. Any opinions on one vs the other? I've had really dark gray cars for forever and don't want black... I need something different this time.

or

Green for sure.

Want to blend in with all the other grey cars, or be a head turner with the army green?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
Ryan5UW
General Manager

Post#394 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:37 am

Yep, you two are exactly how my head has been :lol: One minute I’m sold on gray.... 10 minutes later it’s definitely green.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Post#395 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:48 pm

I like green cars usually and I'm all for getting something outside the "norm". I just don't care for that particular shade of green. And I think the gray looks sharp.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,543

Post#396 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Q3, right? Or is it the 5? Hard to tell. Lovely car, I considered it as well when I got a new one over the summer. Enjoy!

I've historically been a fan of gray, but this is a solid green. I think I'd still go with the gray between these two, but I can see why it's a tough choice.

If I'm being honest, though, you should absolutely get the S line model and get the turbo blue :D
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#397 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:58 pm

They say that geniuses buy green cars.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#398 » by Coach Carter » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Looking at those pics, I'd say grey. My decision is a little easier. I'm getting a 2020 Kia Rio S in metallic blue. They can't do orange; so it's grey, white or blue. It's gonna look great but it doesn't come with allow wheels.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
Ryan5UW
General Manager

Post#399 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I like green cars usually and I'm all for getting something outside the "norm". I just don't care for that particular shade of green. And I think the gray looks sharp.

The previous few years they offered this in a different green that I love, I was disappointed that they pulled it from this particular version for this year - that would have been my easy choice. This one is tough because I think it looks amazing in certain lights/angles but others it has a slight yellow hue to it that makes me unsure.

MikeIsGood wrote:Q3, right? Or is it the 5? Hard to tell. Lovely car, I considered it as well when I got a new one over the summer. Enjoy!

I've historically been a fan of gray, but this is a solid green. I think I'd still go with the gray between these two, but I can see why it's a tough choice.

If I'm being honest, though, you should absolutely get the S line model and get the turbo blue :D

It is the SQ5 - I have a 2018 coming off lease and love it. I loved the Navarra blue they used to have - they still offer that with the Q5, but not the SQ5. Blue is my favorite color, but I think that turbo blue is a little too bright for me for a car. Of course this year they decided to get rid of my two favorite color options this came in.
Ryan5UW
General Manager

Post#400 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:15 pm

Coach Carter wrote:Looking at those pics, I'd say grey. My decision is a little easier. I'm getting a 2020 Kia Rio S in metallic blue. They can't do orange; so it's grey, white or blue. It's gonna look great but it doesn't come with allow wheels.

I like that blue, that's a good choice.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks