ImageImage

Official #2 Pick Thread - DRAFT WEEK - Ford: Wiggins at #2

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,399

Re: Official #2 Pick Thread - DRAFT WEEK - Ford: Wiggins at 

Post#41 » by M-C-G » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/481100721899966464[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/481101068936675328[/tweet]

I think Exum is a lock for 3...Can't recall where I read it but I think someone in the Philly organization coached Exum a few years ago, and has maintained interest since.

Anyone know more about the pysch testing, is this the equivalent to the wonderlic?
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#42 » by Newz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 pm

I was down on Exum and had him ranked 4th... but as of late the reports about him are glowing and it's making me want us to draft him again. :(

Stupid media making me change my mind.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,922

Post#43 » by fansinceforever » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:54 pm

About two years ago i was watching Wiggins YT vids online and I said to myself, "This is one of the guys that's going to save this franchise".

At the time, I never thought it might actually happen.

At this point if it's Parker, I'll still be ecstatic but Wiggins has been my guy for a long time and if he has the desire to be great, he will be great.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#44 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Don't want to get ahead of myself but just thinking of Greek freak ooping it to the Canadian overlord is putting a smile in my face.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,758

Post#45 » by chonestown » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Eff a psychological profile that doesn't measure the alpha dog coefficient and it factor variables.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#46 » by Bfinkish » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:58 pm

We wont draft Exum.

New owners want a "name" that everyone knows. They want someone to build around in the marketing department. Not many casual Bucks/basketball fans know Exum all that well. No one every really saw him play.

I would love to have him though. The ones that actually follow the Bucks like this blog, understand how good and exciting he can be. New owners wont have the nuggets to pull the trigger or trade down.

Ideally I would trade #2 to philly for 3 and 10:

#3 Exum
#10 Embiid (Yea, he could slip that far)
God is good.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,083

Post#47 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:59 pm

I think I like Exum more than Parker.

1. Wiggins
2. Exum
3. Parker
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,083

Post#48 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:Don't want to get ahead of myself but just thinking of Greek freak ooping it to the Canadian overlord is putting a smile in my face.

You mean Maple Jordan?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,399

Post#49 » by M-C-G » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:01 pm

chonestown wrote:Eff a psychological profile that doesn't measure the alpha dog coefficient and it factor variables.

I've seen this thrown out as a joke so many times out here, but it doesn't dismiss the fact that some players have an element, characteristic, edge or even leadership quality that can help change the culture of a franchise. I for one, value that immensely, after watching years of players with out it, thrust into a leadership role they couldn't earn.

Whether it is Wiggins or Parker, we need someone that is going to lead this team.
[MIKE C]
Senior
And1: 187

Post#50 » by [MIKE C] » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:Don't want to get ahead of myself but just thinking of Greek freak ooping it to the Canadian overlord is putting a smile in my face.

Greek Freak and Canadian Overlord sound like a couple of Mattel action figures. The Bucks could have a whole new marketing angle.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,197

Post#51 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Bfinkish wrote:We wont draft Exum.

New owners want a "name" that everyone knows. They want someone to build around in the marketing department. Not many casual Bucks/basketball fans know Exum all that well. No one every really saw him play.

I would love to have him though. The ones that actually follow the Bucks like this blog, understand how good and exciting he can be. New owners wont have the nuggets to pull the trigger or trade down.

Ideally I would trade #2 to philly for 3 and 10:

#3 Exum
#10 Embiid (Yea, he could slip that far)

No, he won't slip that far. Not a chance.

The marketing team can turn Exum into a name. Pelinka's already doing so with advertisements. Those are really good. Plus, in the NBA players make names for themselves. Last year when Giannis started blowing up, for the national media... he came out of nowhere. Exum at least has a start. People know him in Los Angeles, one of the largest NBA markets. They can get to know him in Milwaukee.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#52 » by eagle13 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:04 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:"A lot of it is going to depend on what Cleveland does. The other part of it is who contacts us and different things we hear from the draft pick."
quote]

I was going to share this part of his quotes in particular because to me this signals that they are open to dealing 2, perhaps with Philly if they want Wiggins that badly. That could mean that they would consider Embiid at 3 or "get cute" and take Exum, that prospect is exciting for me.

But the strong signal he pedals is that they're happy with either of the current consensus 2. His language seems to confirm that he's a Parker guy (maybe the opposite is true though, as in he thinks Parker would work out and in fact with Wiggins, the impression is that it will work out).

Like the NFL draft - lots of smoke screen talk - I think trading down to 3 or 5 is great. Exum may prove to be the best pro!
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#53 » by WRau1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:04 pm

I'd trade Wiggins for the 3 & 10, draft Exum, package 10 and and Knight, Henson or Sanders to move up and draft Embiid. Top4 pick again next year. Rock crotches.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#54 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:07 pm

StikWitEM wrote:

You mean Maple Jordan?

You've never heard of that name before? I thought everybody knew lord wiggins.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,325

Post#55 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:08 pm

I had thought this (below) was a rumor that we started here. But evidently is the truth.

I have to admit, I do like the fact this guy wants to be here. Speaks volumes as to organizational culture change.

Chad Ford: One source said he thought Parker "tanked" the workout.

Why? A source says he strongly prefers to play in Milwaukee. The Cavs appear to be aware of this. "Jabari wasn't himself," one source said. "It was clear we weren't his first option."
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
[MIKE C]
Senior
And1: 187

Post#56 » by [MIKE C] » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:08 pm

WRau1 wrote:Rock crotches.

Sounds like a fun Saturday night.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,688

Post#57 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:09 pm

I heard Shane Battier is a genius who might run for president someday.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,261

Post#58 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:10 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/481106973081882626[/tweet]
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,758

Post#59 » by chonestown » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:10 pm

M-C-G wrote:
chonestown wrote:Eff a psychological profile that doesn't measure the alpha dog coefficient and it factor variables.

I've seen this thrown out as a joke so many times out here, but it doesn't dismiss the fact that some players have an element, characteristic, edge or even leadership quality that can help change the culture of a franchise. I for one, value that immensely, after watching years of players with out it, thrust into a leadership role they couldn't earn.

Whether it is Wiggins or Parker, we need someone that is going to lead this team.

It's such a hazy thing to measure. What I do take into account is disciplinary problems, criminal conduct, and other behavioral indicators that can be negatively ascertained. I think a lot of people conflate public relations acuity with personal makeup. The "Andrew Bogut Wears a Suit and Brings a Resume to His Pre-Draft Interview" comes to mind.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,943

Post#60 » by emunney » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:11 pm

Bfinkish wrote:We wont draft Exum.

This is super irrelevant and I can't imagine they're this short-sighted. The 'brands' these guys have now are nothing compared to what they can build in a month in the NBA.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks