ImageImage

POLL: Who do you consider the face of the franchise?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Who do you consider the face of the franchise?

Giannis
47%
Jabari
53%

Total votes: 274

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Re: POLL: Who do you consider the face of the franchise? 

Post#101 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Dec 1, 2016 9:41 am

Max Green wrote:Waste of a bump.

The perfect bump, not only show us who are true Giannis believers but it shows how easily people get swayed by hype and media.
There was no doubt that Giannis in my mind that Giannis would become great and im not only one that saw that and thats proof enough.

Its ok tho, lord Giannis forgives.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#102 » by buckboy » Thu Dec 1, 2016 2:17 pm

Shinyhubcaps wrote:Giannis should be, for moving his family here. People would see Kostas and his folks around town. I feel like Parker has one foot still planted in Chicago.

I suppose he still has more name recognition on the merit of it being easier to pronounce.

I don't know how much time he spends here, but he owns a house next door to my daughter's best friend. He seems committed enough to Milwaukee (both the city and the franchise) to me.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
zjl3
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#103 » by zjl3 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 3:37 am

Even the fact that Giannis had 38% of the votes shows that a decent number of us saw something special in him early.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#104 » by bigkurty » Fri Dec 2, 2016 3:58 am

At least I voted for Giannis on this one. The guy is going to be an all timer. Let's not screw this up.
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#105 » by Sherman Douglas » Fri Dec 2, 2016 4:16 am

Knock it off - MD
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#106 » by Wooderson » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Even as a member of #TeamGiannis, who could have expected this sort of divergence 4 years ago?
NomNomNomParker
Starter
And1: 1,248

Post#107 » by NomNomNomParker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Had to go back and read every page to make sure I didn't embarrass myself...
illusional
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#108 » by illusional » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Knew when they drafted Parker that him becoming the face of the franchise(#IknewGianniswasfranchisesincejun2013) would back fire because he is not a long term fit with this bucks organization.

The player they wanted him to be, was the player Giannis is defined to be/ more.

When they drafted him to play on the team, they drafted him to play out of position & in a position Giannis is more defined in, then Parker.

This was the argument from the beginning of the draft.

Jabaris injury forced the organization to realize this.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#109 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Wow, a lot of you had this wrong...
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,657

Post#110 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:35 pm

First let me say I voted for Giannis (despite saying Jabari on page 4?), so I'm not defending myself, but this isn't "wrong". Jabari was absolutely the correct pick for this poll back in 2014. It is not a lack of faith, or hate, or anything like that. Giannis wasn't a star yet, and Jabari was the #2 pick from Duke. He was the face of the franchise back in July of 2014. That doesn't have anything to do with where we are today.

This is not a hard concept to understand.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#111 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:50 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:First let me say I voted for Giannis (despite saying Jabari on page 4?), so I'm not defending myself, but this isn't "wrong". Jabari was absolutely the correct pick for this poll back in 2014. It is not a lack of faith, or hate, or anything like that. Giannis wasn't a star yet, and Jabari was the #2 pick from Duke. He was the face of the franchise back in July of 2014. That doesn't have anything to do with where we are today.

The flashes and improvement Giannis showed in his first year with his story... I understand the choise for Jabari at the time, but I made another choise. ;)
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#112 » by PedroGrande » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Newz...

That a name I haven't seen in a long time. What was his raison d'être really?
"Hope isn't a plan"
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#113 » by vegaspacker » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:35 pm

My self realized 'claim to fame' was when the mods allowed my first non-game thread. That was my Gianni's highlight thread, and after that sucker hit 17,000 views I felt like a true gypsy soothsayer.

Sent from my XT1585 using RealGM mobile app
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Outlander
Junior
And1: 68

Post#114 » by Outlander » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:56 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:First let me say I voted for Giannis (despite saying Jabari on page 4?), so I'm not defending myself, but this isn't "wrong". Jabari was absolutely the correct pick for this poll back in 2014. It is not a lack of faith, or hate, or anything like that. Giannis wasn't a star yet, and Jabari was the #2 pick from Duke. He was the face of the franchise back in July of 2014. That doesn't have anything to do with where we are today.

No, Jabari was not the correct pick and trying to rationalize it still makes it wrong. There was about 30% or so at the time that knew Giannis was the correct pick including myself. We could see he was the special player and Jabari was the scorer. Of course Giannis wasn't a star yet but we knew he would get there.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,657

Post#115 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Outlander wrote:

No, Jabari was not the correct pick and trying to rationalize it still makes it wrong. There was about 30% or so at the time that knew Giannis was the correct pick including myself. We could see he was the special player and Jabari was the scorer. Of course Giannis wasn't a star yet but we knew he would get there.

Nope, still hindsight. None of that makes him the face of the franchise. No one outside the Bucks knew who Giannis was, and a guy who averaged 6.8 points the previous season on 24 minutes is NOT the face of a franchise. It doesn't matter how good he's become. The face of the franchise is not a guy you expect to be good someday. Kawhi Leonard was not the face of the franchise for the Spurs when he was putting up 7, 11, 12 points per game. He became that guy - over Duncan and co. - once he broke out and people knew who he was at a national level. That doesn't mean the Spurs didn't know what they had, but he wasn't at that level yet.

Jabari sure wasn't either, but when your team sucks and you take a guy from Duke #2 overall, that is the guy by default. THat is name value. People had expectations on Jabari since he was a prep recruit at 16. It obviously evolved quickly as Jabari's first season played out. People are just being butthurt that their guy was "spurned" in a poll created literally one day after we drafted Jabari #2.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#116 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:Wow, a lot of you had this wrong...

YOU SAID JASON KIDD!!!

DutchManDanFan wrote:Jason Kidd

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which explains why you defended him up until the end.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#117 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Right now I think Khris, Snell, and Thon most accurately represent this franchise's identity in the grand scheme of things.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,647

Post#118 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:54 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Right now I think Khris, Snell, and Thon most accurately represent this franchise's identity in the grand scheme of things.

What does this mean? No-snarko, I'm legit interested in the answer.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#119 » by steger_3434 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Right now I think Khris, Snell, and Thon most accurately represent this franchise's identity in the grand scheme of things.

Thon?!! Holy ****. Your best chl. Don’t ever change

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#120 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:02 pm

chonestown wrote:

What does this mean? No-snarko, I'm legit interested in the answer.

It means I'm worried about Giannis leaving and it would encapsulate the last 30 years of the franchise perfectly if they were the 3 highest-paid players on the team. There are different ways to interpret "face of the franchise".
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks