ImageImage

Should the Bucks hire Jason Kidd (as coach pg 43)?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Do you want the Bucks to hire Jason Kidd as POBO?

Yes, I want them to hire Jason Kidd to run the organization
20%
No, I do not want them to hire Jason Kidd to run the organization
80%

Total votes: 343

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Re: Should the Bucks to hire Jason Kidd as POBO? (with Poll) 

Post#41 » by blazza18 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:43 am

SpursNBucks wrote:You guys do realize that the Post is basically a tabloid rag- kind of a joke like the National Enquirer in NYC. Be careful buying into anything they print.

And you do realise it's been confirmed by dozens of other NBA media people now right ?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: Should the Bucks hire Jason Kidd as POBO? (with Poll) 

Post#42 » by Rockmaninoff » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:43 am

cwally10 wrote:
DukeH wrote:
We finally get two amazing talents and great human beings and that POS Kidd is going to be their coach...WHAT?! Pretty damn close to not caring about this team anymore.

Well said.

If we are going to overpay for an unknown I choose Mark Jackson or Fred Hoiberg. We are going to give up compensation (regardless of what it is) for an unknown with all the off court baggage? Oh, and I'd be careful to give him credit for the 2nd half push. He had one of the most talented rosters with proven vets. I wouldn't rule out they just ignored him to go on the run.

I can handle him as coach over Drew, but giving up assets and giving him control is unacceptable.

No, they were floundering until Kidd demoted the devisive Lawrence Frank and grew that credibility beard. Genius. He turned that **** around.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#43 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:44 am

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:did steve kerr have any experience before taking the suns job? I honestly don't know what to think of this.

No. And he didn't work.

I'm not one to look at track records to determine how something will work out. This is a singular event. But Jason Kidd just decided to bitch his way out of the most lucrative market in the league with its richest owner because he isn't getting enough power after a year on the job.

He's the Veruca Sault of the NBA.

Sent from your iPad. I'm inside your house
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Blumpk1nBAND1T
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#44 » by Blumpk1nBAND1T » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:44 am

Their is no way Kidd is worse than what we had. My goodness, we were 15-67 last year! This is something like Hammond's 6th year and this was his worst year yet. I'm tired of mediocrity and it's time for the Bucks to go big or go home. This is the most excited I have been for the Bucks in years. It's almost unimaginable that at a time when the big three in Miami have all decided to opt out of their contracts that of all teams, the Bucks are the hot topic.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#45 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:45 am

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

Prove you are a good coach first before you are given the keys to the castle.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Craig_Hodges
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#46 » by Craig_Hodges » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:45 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Zero personnel experience is already concerning. Add in that he has a volatile personality and I really don't like it. The best front offices have sustained success through great working relationships from the top down. Is Kidd really the guy to foster that type of environment, even if he hires great scouting talent under him?

This is my biggest issue with it. I don't deny he's a very sharp and competitive basketball guy. But his relationship skills are horrible. Just horrible. On all fronts, from the domestic abuse to his power play tantrums. This is not a "Spurs" move.

Good article from Woj a year ago about the Spurs not getting Kidd in 2003 as ending up being a great outcome for them.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ten- ... 05541.html

"....Ten years later, it's Game 1 of the NBA Finals and Tony Parker turned out to be right: He was the best point guard for this franchise.

Ten years after the failed recruitment of Jason Kidd, the Spurs' way remains unchanged and unchallenged: Subtle over splashy is forever the formula for them.

This is why I'm also firmly in the "No" camp on this issue. The Bucks have two 19 year old kids to build around. Kidd and his relational track record is the best they can do for these guys?
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#47 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:45 am

RainX wrote:Coach? Yes. POBO? **** no. Seeing his burn the bridges on his way out of Brooklyn would make me very hesitant on him making any sort of personnel decisions. It'd be like Lasry and Edens giving the keys to their hot new Ferrari to a 15 year old with his temps and no licensed driver sitting next to him. Has disaster written all over it IMO, something our franchise in a very precarious position can hardly afford.

well maybe since he is expected to be championship contenders he wanted to be the one to get the players he coached. who knows? We know our team is a long way from being contenders so really all he has to do if he gets the job is to play our youth and try to trade our bad contracts w/o adding long term salary.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#48 » by Zeezprah » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 am

JimmyTheKid wrote:Just catching up here...

If we give up a 1st or multiple 1sts, I 'll be furious. I highly doubt that happens. This compensation talk is nuts.

A couple 2nds would still piss me off considering we're firmly planted in the driver's seat.

Jason Kidd is a garbage dump of a human being, but I've rooted for bad guys in the past.

And count me out as one of these guys who's just "happy that the Bucks are finally in the news." I could give two sh*ts about that.

as much as i'm not a fan of "garbage dump human beings", there's no denying there's a fair share of them in nba front offices.

my main concern is can he do his job and act professionally in the "office". unfortunately we've seen no evidence of that.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#49 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 am

SpursNBucks wrote:You guys do realize that the Post is basically a tabloid rag- kind of a joke like the National Enquirer in NYC. Be careful buying into anything they print.

I thought that too at first. Then we got this thread from the Nets board from two days ago pretty much saying this was coming down. Props to their insider over there who broke the story and no one believed him.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1330298

Then we got Woj talking to his sources confirming this from Kidd's side of things. Now whether this is all in Kidd's head or whether the Bucks are legitimately thinking of or close to making him POBO is the question.

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojYahooNBA
In pursuing exit to Milwaukee, source tells Yahoo of Jason Kidd's ambitions: "He wants the Doc and Pop role (there). Running everything."

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 2h
Bucks officials under this belief, sources tell Yahoo: Kidd wants Phil Jackson-like president's role with Bucks - perhaps without coaching.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#50 » by JimmyTheKid » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Overwhelmingly negative response from national media and Bucks fans. Instantly undoing all the magical PR the last 48 hours has brought the franchise.

Meh. Not really. Nothing's happened yet. All the negative response could shake out as a gross overreaction depending on what transpires. But I'm starting to get the feeling that you believe hiring Jason Kidd is a bad idea.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,716

Post#51 » by tydett » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:48 am

Where is the "Hell No" option?
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,278

Post#52 » by Wooderson » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:48 am

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:well maybe since he is expected to be championship contenders he wanted to the one get the players he coached. who knows? We know our team is a long way from being contenders so really all he has to do if he gets the job is to play our youth and try to trade our bad contracts w/o adding long term salary.

The Nets were already giving him significant input on personnel according to sources. He wanted the title too.

Like others have said, this reeks of a ploy to sabotage his relationship with the Nets because he has something lined up with Lasry. Dude sought to replace the very guy who got him the Nets job in the first place (Razumov) less than a year later.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#53 » by Rockmaninoff » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:48 am

All I ever hear here is uptempo and ball movement. That's Jason f'ing Kidd!
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#54 » by JayMKE » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 am

Running a team isn't rocket science and can anyone deny the wealth of knowledge Kidd has about the game?

Herb Kohl was our president before, HERB KOHL!

Take a deep breath people, we're going to be alright.
FREE GIANNIS
mchase27
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#55 » by mchase27 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 am

Awful poll, was no need to lock the other thread.
mchase27
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#56 » by mchase27 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:All I ever hear here is uptempo and ball movement. That's Jason f'ing Kidd!

THIS.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#57 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 am

Other than Lasry, I wonder who in our organization (if anyone) Kidd has any kind of relationship with.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#58 » by SkilesTheLimit » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 am

At this point all I care about is not giving up any 1st round picks. You may be able to talk me into this if it means we aren't sending anything other than cash compensation to BKN. Otherwise, wait til the Russians can him if you really want him.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
[MIKE C]
Senior
And1: 187

Post#59 » by [MIKE C] » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:50 am

I haven't read all the threads on this yet, so I'm not sure what's been posted. According to Amick, Kidd wanted to be head coach and POBO above King with the Nets, and it is presumed he be seeking the same position with the Bucks. So he'd replace Drew and have authority over Hammond if that were true. Odd. It also says Hammond didn't know anything about this. Interesting.

Kidd was known to be pursuing a dual role as head coach and head of the Nets basketball operations department (above general manager Billy King) before being denied the promotion, meaning he's likely pursuing the same role with the Bucks.

A person with knowledge of the Bucks' situation said Milwaukee general manager John Hammond was unaware that the organization had sought permission to speak with Kidd,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/06/28/jason-kidd-gets-nets-permission-to-talk-to-bucks/11673645/
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#60 » by humanrefutation » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:51 am

If Kidd gets hired as POBO, that probably spells the end for Hammond and Drew.

But what I wonder is who wants to work for Kidd after the way he shafted Lawrence Frank last year?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks