ImageImage

Should the Bucks hire Jason Kidd (as coach pg 43)?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Do you want the Bucks to hire Jason Kidd as POBO?

Yes, I want them to hire Jason Kidd to run the organization
20%
No, I do not want them to hire Jason Kidd to run the organization
80%

Total votes: 343

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Re: Should the Bucks hire Jason Kidd as POBO? (with Poll) 

Post#61 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:51 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:All I ever hear here is uptempo and ball movement. That's Jason f'ing Kidd!

But that doesn't mean I want him running the organization.

Further, there have to be a number of other strong candidates for coach that the Bucks could consider hiring AFTER they hire a top tier GM/POBO.

At the end of the day, IF a strong/sane POBO really wants to hire Jason Kidd as his coach, then I'd give him benefit of the doubt.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#62 » by Zeezprah » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:52 am

he owns part of the nets too..
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#63 » by JayMKE » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:52 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:All I ever hear here is uptempo and ball movement. That's Jason f'ing Kidd!

Further, there have to be a number of other strong candidates for coach that the Bucks could consider hiring AFTER they hire a top tier GM/POBO.

At the end of the day, IF a strong/sane POBO really wants to hire Jason Kidd as his coach, then I'd give him benefit of the doubt.

who realistically do you want to be GM/POBO?
FREE GIANNIS
[MIKE C]
Senior
And1: 187

Post#64 » by [MIKE C] » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:54 am

I don't know what to think about this. I voted no. My first gut reaction was "No way in hell." But as someone said above, it certainly can't be worse than last year. I guess I'd feel more comfortable with Kidd having the coach/GM titles as long as there were still an experienced POBO above him.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,281

Post#65 » by Wooderson » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:54 am

JayMKE wrote:Running a team isn't rocket science and can anyone deny the wealth of knowledge Kidd has about the game?

Well if that's the case wouldn't you want someone who's not an egotistical sleaze by all accounts? Doesn't seem like the best way to build a sustainable, equanimous culture since it usually starts at the top.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#66 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:55 am

I think he's a little old to be our PG though.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#67 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:55 am

JayMKE wrote:who realistically do you want to be GM/POBO?

I don't know, but that's because I'm not owner of the Bucks, with executive recruiting professionals and league contacts at my disposal, with the ability to spend weeks looking into it.

But if I did have those resources at my disposal, I have little doubt I could locate someone better for this role than Jason Kidd.

Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#68 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:56 am

humanrefutation wrote:If Kidd gets hired as POBO, that probably spells the end for Hammond and Drew.

But what I wonder is who wants to work for Kidd after the way he shafted Lawrence Frank last year?

no retreads for sure
mchase27
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#69 » by mchase27 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:56 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:who realistically do you want to be GM/POBO?

I don't know, but that's because I'm not owner of the Bucks, with executive recruiting professionals and league contacts at my disposal, with the ability to spend weeks looking into it.

But if I did have those resources at my disposal, I have little doubt I could locate someone better for this role than Jason Kidd.

You'd hire a retread from some other failed team.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#70 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:57 am

Wooderson wrote:Well if that's the case wouldn't you want someone who's not an egotistical sleaze by all accounts? Doesn't seem like the best way to build a sustainable, equanimous culture since it usually starts at the top.

This. So much this.

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#71 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:57 am

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Overwhelmingly negative response from national media and Bucks fans. Instantly undoing all the magical PR the last 48 hours has brought the franchise.

Meh. Not really. Nothing's happened yet. All the negative response could shake out as a gross overreaction depending on what transpires. But I'm starting to get the feeling that you believe hiring Jason Kidd is a bad idea.

Sure, maybe I've been repetitive with my negative response to all this, but I don't think it's an overreaction to be vehemently opposed to Kidd's hiring. Damn near anyone else hired in a normal circumstance (with interview process) and we're all neutral to optimistic. This is just bonkers. I'd much rather be chiming in with a Miroslav quip.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach

Post#72 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:57 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

I honestly wanted larry brown
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#73 » by Rockmaninoff » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:58 am

Ill-yasova wrote:

I think he's a little old to be our PG though.

I would give you an and 1 if this app allowed it. :lol:
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
cwally10
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#74 » by cwally10 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:58 am

JayMKE wrote:Running a team isn't rocket science and can anyone deny the wealth of knowledge Kidd has about the game?

Herb Kohl was our president before, HERB KOHL!

Take a deep breath people, we're going to be alright.

How did the Ray Allen trade work out for us? Kohl gave full power to Karl (another well known ego maniac) and that's the result. I think the odds are much higher for disaster than success. IMO, tmove increases the odds this team is in Seattle in 5 yrs.

As a typical Bucks apologist and season ticket holder, I have to say this really p*** me off.
Allanon23
Senior
And1: 102

Post#75 » by Allanon23 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:58 am

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

I honestly wanted larry brown

I'd prefer Allen Iverson
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach

Post#76 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:59 am

Wooderson wrote:

Well if that's the case wouldn't you want someone who's not an egotistical sleaze by all accounts? Doesn't seem like the best way to build a sustainable, equanimous culture since it usually starts at the top.

well we had a "nice guy" with hammond, i'm ready to try getting a guy who's willing to do what it takes to take us to the top
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Re: Should the Bucks to hire Jason Kidd as POBO? (with Poll) 

Post#77 » by emunney » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:59 am

Blumpk1nBAND1T wrote:Their is no way Kidd is worse than what we had. My goodness, we were 15-67 last year! This is something like Hammond's 6th year and this was his worst year yet. I'm tired of mediocrity and it's time for the Bucks to go big or go home. This is the most excited I have been for the Bucks in years. It's almost unimaginable that at a time when the big three in Miami have all decided to opt out of their contracts that of all teams, the Bucks are the hot topic.

How is this 'going big'? Would it be 'going big' to hire any HoF player? Ask Kareem if he'd do it.

Spoiler:
Kareem would do it all night.

Going big is poaching somebody who's had great success in that job. Calling up Sam Presti, Daryl Morey, RC Buford and saying, "Whatever they're paying, we'll double it." That's going big. This is not going big.

Let's say you own a restaurant and you have an amazing waiter. For a decade, he's just unbelievable. People come to your restaurant just for the service. He's that good. Finally, he gets promoted to shift manager. After a rocky transition, he's pretty good. But after a year, he suddenly shows up in your office and demands to run the restaurant and cook all the food. His argument: "Go big or go home."
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#78 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:59 am

mchase27 wrote:You'd hire a retread from some other failed team.

Where did I ever say that?

My first call though would be to Junior Bridgeman to see if he'd consider the job as part of a career change. Then I'd call Popovich and RC Buford and fly down there to have lunch with them and ask them who they think the bright minds are around the league right now.

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,953

Re: Should the Bucks to hire Jason Kidd as POBO? (with Poll) 

Post#79 » by Siefer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:00 am

WEFFPIM wrote:Couldn't just add a poll to the really informative thread?

Sent from your iPad. I'm inside your house

But then the thread woudn't have PP's name on it. ;)
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#80 » by SkilesTheLimit » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:00 am

I have to believe based on the countless interviews I've heard with Lasry and Edens that they would give up picks to make a deal like this work.

They've discussed the plan to rebuild and do it through the draft. Giving up pick(s) to bring in a person that's not even a player...that would be flat out dumb.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd

Return to Milwaukee Bucks