2014-2015 rotation?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,380

Re: 2014-2015 rotation? 

Post#81 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:07 pm

eagle13 wrote:I really like Middleton but I'd trade him to Jazz (with Delfino) for Burks. Jazz needs a SF and has many SGs having resigned Hayward and drafted Hood. Burks still offers good size at 6'6 but is more mobile. Khris might not be able to keep him with quicker SGs? Anyway Burks' TS, PER > Middleton.

With our frontcourt I'd rather give 30 mpg to a guy who can stretch the floor.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#82 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Yep, we need all the 3 point shooting we can get.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,776

Post#83 » by DanoMac » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Really excited to see how Middleton improves into this year. He's a much better player than Knight, wish the Bucks promoted him as much.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,828

Post#84 » by AussieBuck » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 pm

The NBA must have their very own crazy body fat% index because the standard numbers they put out are about half of a credible percentage.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,904

Post#85 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:35 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:I don't think Melo was ever close to 20% body fat like Redd and Deron. Pierce might have been close, but Parker looks to be in that zone already and he's only 19. And of course there are always going to be some examples of guys who have long careers despite not being real lean, but nobody can deny that carrying an extra 10-15 lbs. of fat makes it far more likely that you will have knee and ankle problems. The fact that there are exceptions in no way changes that.

I don't know where you pulled 20% from other than your ass. The only rumored amounts since he wasn't at the combine were 11% (at 255 pounds at the Bucks workout).

I did pull it out of my ass, but that doesn't take away from the point I'm making. Just looked it up, and Redd peaked at 14%. That's still atrocious. I said "close to 20%" and "Parker looks to be in that zone already" so it's just a matter of semantics to zero in on the percentage I gave and harp on that.

Besides, 14% IS close to 20% for an NBA player. The important thing is not the exact number but the fact that they're all carrying a lot more body fat than what's ideal for an NBA player. You never see soccer players that fat, because there's no way they can hide. Basketball's a similar game in terms of pace and conditioning, but in basketball they can play well on offense and try to hide on defense. It's not obvious by watching the game how much they hurt their team, so they get away with it. But they shouldn't. Guys like Redd slip under the radar, but they clearly hurt their team because of their poor conditioning. It's not a good sign for Parker to already have questions about his body fat at age 19. It's ridiculous to even have to argue about it.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#86 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Completely forgot about Delfino. If he's completely healthy (and that's a big if), then he might be a good complementary player at sf. Play Middleton and Knight at sg and you're set.

I don't really see how Bayless fits in. Either you're tanking or you're trying to make the playoffs. How does he fit in either way?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,392

Post#87 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:44 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I don't really see how Bayless fits in. Either you're tanking or you're trying to make the playoffs. How does he fit in either way?

If someone gets injured we have an adequate third stringer I guess.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,060

Post#88 » by emunney » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:44 pm

AussieBuck wrote:The NBA must have their very own crazy body fat% index because the standard numbers they put out are about half of a credible percentage.

They round down to the closest 12%.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#89 » by AussieBuck » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 pm

emunney wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:The NBA must have their very own crazy body fat% index because the standard numbers they put out are about half of a credible percentage.

They round down to the closest 12%.

Tis very odd.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#90 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:02 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:
I did pull it out of my ass, but that doesn't take away from the point I'm making. Just looked it up, and Redd peaked at 14%. That's still atrocious. I said "close to 20%" and "Parker looks to be in that zone already" so it's just a matter of semantics to zero in on the percentage I gave and harp on that.

Besides, 14% IS close to 20% for an NBA player. The important thing is not the exact number but the fact that they're all carrying a lot more body fat than what's ideal for an NBA player. You never see soccer players that fat, because there's no way they can hide. Basketball's a similar game in terms of pace and conditioning, but in basketball they can play well on offense and try to hide on defense. It's not obvious by watching the game how much they hurt their team, so they get away with it. But they shouldn't. Guys like Redd slip under the radar, but they clearly hurt their team because of their poor conditioning. It's not a good sign for Parker to already have questions about his body fat at age 19. It's ridiculous to even have to argue about it.

No, what's ridiculous is you making a comment on his body fat with zero evidence to back it, then posting the jibberish above to try and justify said comment. Like I said, find any tangible evidence, either posted numbers or pictures that can be tied to specific years/numbers, then we can talk. But he is nowhere near 20 right now and that isn't even debatable.

Also, as I said, I think he should get one year on a NBA program before we start comparing him to Redd. It was clear Redd didn't work hard on his body outside of the Olympic Team year. Work ethics vary. But there is no way he is double what Melo or Tobias were coming out, let alone more than that. Your definition of "zone" is obviously far different than mine.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#91 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:07 am

All of the draft body fat percentages are absurdly wrong. The ranges given are between elite bodybuilder and ripped underwear model. :lol:
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#92 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:53 am

http://stats.nba.com/draftCombineAnthro.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=100

4 guys over 10% body fat, stacks of guys in the 3-7% range. Seems legit:

emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#93 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:53 am

LUKE23 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

No, what's ridiculous is you making a comment on his body fat with zero evidence to back it, then posting the jibberish above to try and justify said comment. Like I said, find any tangible evidence, either posted numbers or pictures that can be tied to specific years/numbers, then we can talk. But he is nowhere near 20 right now and that isn't even debatable.

Also, as I said, I think he should get one year on a NBA program before we start comparing him to Redd. It was clear Redd didn't work hard on his body outside of the Olympic Team year. Work ethics vary. But there is no way he is double what Melo or Tobias were coming out, let alone more than that. Your definition of "zone" is obviously far different than mine.

He's FAT for a 19-year-old NBA player. If you can't see that and can't see the point I'm trying to make, then you're being deliberately obtuse.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,651

Post#94 » by Bernman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:06 am

I think Middleton is one of the most underrated players in the NBA right now. Listen to opposing fans talk about him. They act like he's garbage, when he shot 41+% from 3 with poor service, and plays decent defense. Those attributes go a long way in the NBA by themselves, nevermind what he could provide with development as still a pretty young guy. It shouldn't shock anyone in the know if he reaches around a Rip Hamilton level in the league.

That said, I would like an alternative to him at shooting guard, like Burks, and then short and long term at the 2 we could go with whoever appears better and supports the pieces closer to the core. But trading Middleton for him would just be shuffling the deck we already have. And Middleton would be a particularly terrible player to do that with considering how underrated he is around the league right now. He's like Sanders and Ilyasova who wouldn't net near the return we'd deserve right now, so he's probably not an ideal guy to trade at this point, in addition for the reason we need long-term sg prospects like he is. Instead I think better players to move right now would be Henson, Knight, and maybe Wolters, to fortify our long-term guard outlook. Even though they are guards, I don't think Knight or Wolters should be projected into the team's starting lineup a few years from now.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,060

Post#95 » by emunney » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:09 am

I've learned today that when you have 25% body fat, your right nipple tries to escape.

Also was the guy at 20% wearing an underwire?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,651

Post#96 » by Bernman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:13 am

Parker appears to be in the 15-20% range from the above pictures. I want him to actually be more like 11%, as the beefcake pictured above is. Someone tweet him that image so he can get started.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#97 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:16 am

emunney wrote:I've learned today that when you have 25% body fat, your right nipple tries to escape.

Also was the guy at 20% wearing an underwire?

On closer inspection the 35% also. :D

Edit: The nipple thing. :lol: :lol:
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#98 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:39 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:
He's FAT for a 19-year-old NBA player. If you can't see that and can't see the point I'm trying to make, then you're being deliberately obtuse.

Nope, just not a fan of massive exaggeration a with the intent to be a vocal minority/pessimist.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#99 » by DutchManDanFan » Fri Aug 1, 2014 12:18 pm

Now with Bayless on the roster and Mayo in better shape:

PG: Marshall - 28, Wolters - 10, Bayless - 10
SG: Mayo - 20, Knight - 28
SF: Giannis - 28, Middleton - 16, Inglis - 4
PF: Parker - 26, Ersan - 18, O'Bryant - 4
C: Sanders - 24, Henson, 14, Zaza/Miroslav - 10
- Delfino

With occasional DNP-CD's for Bayless, Wolters, Mayo (if not fit), Inglis, O'Bryant, Henson, Zaza and Miroslav, the minutes for the other players go up.

I would like to see the result of a Marshall/Middleton/Giannis/Parker/Ersan line up.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#100 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:04 pm

Marshall - 26/Wolters - 16
Giannis - 30/Knight - 24/Mayo - 8
Middleton - 26/Inglis - 16
Parker - 30/Ersan - 16/O'Bryant
Sanders - 26/Henson - 24/Miroslav

This is what I would like to see but probably won't happen
Free Chuck Diesel