ImageImage

OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#81 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:22 pm

It does to me, but I'm paying $63 a month just for Internet because charter is the only company wired into my building right now. And they continue to up their rate and there's nothing I can do. My building is supposedly looking into changing that though. **** sucks.
bstrassburg
Bench Warmer
And1: 50

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#82 » by bstrassburg » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:58 pm

I won't be signing up for Playstation Vue or Sling TV until they go ala carte, which probably will never happen. The only advantage Vue has over cable is you can cancel it at any time, otherwise there is no cost savings and having to deal with the tech issues doesn't seem worth it, in that case you're better off with cable (plus you get more channels).
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#83 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:20 am

Anyone using Sling and have any feedback?

Once bucks end, I'd like to switch over. Still should be able to see NBA playoffs. Don't really care about watching Brewers.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#84 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:48 pm

I'm still using Sling. If the price went up at all I'd drop it, but at $20 a month I can't complain. You can only use it on one device at a time tho.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: 

Post#85 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:51 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:I'm still using Sling. If the price went up at all I'd drop it, but at $20 a month I can't complain. You can only use it on one device at a time tho.

What device are you using?

It says you get a free Amazon stick with signup.
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#86 » by A Diddy2231 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:14 pm

I bought sling last week and am currently using it on a Roku stick. I have 30/5 connection with time warner and our wirelsss router streams it without any hiccups. Watched the first two Bucks game on it and my wife watches food network and hgtv. I agree if they raised the prices I would probably cancel the service. With the internet(75), sling(20), and ballstreams (5)..I'm paying $100.00 per month if averaged out over a year. Not a huge savings but it helps and we get everything we need with those services.
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Re: Re: 

Post#87 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:18 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:I'm still using Sling. If the price went up at all I'd drop it, but at $20 a month I can't complain. You can only use it on one device at a time tho.

Roku.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
MontaHaveABall
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#88 » by MontaHaveABall » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:26 am

I get a full package of ATT U-verse, one tier down from HBO/Showtime. Without paying a dime.

How?

I bought a Slingbox and hooked it up to my mom's extra cable box. Boom, Bucks games in HD on a stream that doesn't cut out.

Do you have a friend with a spare cable box? Offer to pay them $10 a month to let you stream off of it. It's amazing.
Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Post#89 » by Octopus Jonny » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:31 am

Hey guys! If you're still paying your cable company a monthly rental fee, stop doing that and buy one of these Motorola cable modems for ~50% off on Woot right now:

http://www.woot.com/plus/motorola-surfb ... e-modems-5

I had it in my mind months ago that I would jump on buying the SB6141 whenever I found it at a big discount and cut the monthly rental fee off my internet bill forever and that day has finally come!

They are factory reconditioned, but do still include a 90 day warranty from Motorola and Woot has a 1 year warranty available for an extra $8.99.

If you are currently using a modem/router all-in-one unit like I currently have (http://www.amazon.com/DVW3201B-Docsis-T ... B00GP2HS3Y) you will need to purchase a wireless router to cover your wifi needs.

With the purchase of the modem ($55 shipped) and the purchase to come of a router (say...$50 for the top pick here : http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cheap-router/) I will cross over to actual money saving in about 13 months.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,060

Post#90 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Octopus Jonny wrote:Hey guys! If you're still paying your cable company a monthly rental fee, stop doing that and buy one of these Motorola cable modems for ~50% off on Woot right now:

I had it in my mind months ago that I would jump on buying the SB6141 whenever I found it at a big discount and cut the monthly rental fee off my internet bill forever and that day has finally come!

They are factory reconditioned, but do still include a 90 day warranty from Motorola and Woot has a 1 year warranty available for an extra $8.99.

If you are currently using a modem/router all-in-one unit like I currently have (http://www.amazon.com/DVW3201B-Docsis-T ... B00GP2HS3Y) you will need to purchase a wireless router to cover your wifi needs.

With the purchase of the modem ($55 shipped) and the purchase to come of a router (say...$50 for the top pick here : http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cheap-router/) I will cross over to actual money saving in about 13 months.

I bought one as I have been in same boat in wanting to get rid of that modem charge. I'll take your recommendation on the SB6141. Thanks for the heads up!
Chemthethriller
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#91 » by Chemthethriller » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:49 pm

If you really want sports but only during the seasons and have multiple cable providers/ISPs you could always get internet through Verizon or ATT and Cable through Comcast, then when the season hits where basketball isn't on, "suspend" you account, which will cut your bill to a minimal $5 per month; thus saving from mid june until basketball starts again... so 4 1/2 months with a minimal fee rather than the standard 60/70/80 etc.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#92 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:54 pm

Octopus Jonny wrote:Hey guys! If you're still paying your cable company a monthly rental fee, stop doing that and buy one of these Motorola cable modems for ~50% off on Woot right now:

When I receive the modem, can I just swap it out with the one I have now or do I need to have my internet company (TWC) do anything? Hopefully nothing, then I can just swap it out and take the other one back. I don't know if it will help internet speed at all, but will be nice to not pay an $8 month fee on a 4 year old modem.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#93 » by DigitalFool » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:47 pm

You have to call it in - usually give them the MAC address on the bottom of the router, they will flash the firmware remotely. You'll be up in probably in 10 min or so.
CorporateBucks
Sophomore
And1: 3

Re: Re: 

Post#94 » by CorporateBucks » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:55 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:

I have a SlingTV account. I have the app downloaded to my Xbox One and pre-paid the three months to get the FireTV Stick for the upstairs bedroom. I've never had a problem with the SlingTV app on the Fire Stick. However, the performance of the app on the Xbox One is downright awful. The interface is clunky, some of the channels simply don't work at times (hover over channel, nothing happens). The constant buffering is annoying and the overall picture quality is subpar (expected with a streaming service though). My internet connection is plenty fast to handle all of this as well.

Just a few things to consider.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#95 » by Badgerlander » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:31 pm

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#96 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Badgerlander wrote:Image

Everyone assume tv contracts will keep skyrocketing but at some point, the cable providers wont be able to afford the rights and the bubble will burst.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#97 » by Newz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:28 pm

ESPN is the absolute worst.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#98 » by Treebeard » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:55 pm

More ESPN problems
http://time.com/3953688/espn-loses-subscribers/#3953688/espn-loses-subscribers/

Subscribers are dropping cable and using streaming services

ESPN, long championed for its money-making ability in the sports broadcasting arena, is feeling pressure, as droves of its subscribers flee the service.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the sports behemoth has lost 3.2 million subscribers in a little over a year, citing Nielsen data.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#99 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Looking to buy a streaming stick for a secondary TV. Would anybody recommend one over the other: Roku Stick, Amazon Fire Stick, or Google Chromecast? Main use would be to use for TV (Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc). I have a Roku 3 and really like it. Google Chromecast seems to be the least expensive of the 3.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#100 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Guys--is there an easy way/hardward solution to get NBA league pass games to stream to your TV?

My issue is that I've got an Ipad but the NBA won't allow the option to flip your streaming content to the TV via apple TV.

I'd just like an easy solution to this and I'm guessing one is out there.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks