ImageImage

OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 24,585
And1: 5,888
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#801 » by crkone » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:33 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:I don't think fox sports is back on sling. I'll probably just get Hulu until the playoffs start than go back to YouTube

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Yeah I went to Hulu. Luckily my billing starts on March 1st so I was able to get the most out of it.

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
WiscoKing13
RealGM
Posts: 10,797
And1: 652
Joined: Jan 03, 2009
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#802 » by WiscoKing13 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:47 pm

Sinclair (owner of fox sports regional networks) is at a 52 week low. Surprised not getting any cash from Google and dish is a smart business decision. Also still 36ish hours for them to come to a deal. With that said they never did make a deal with dish.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.


I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
ACGB
General Manager
Posts: 9,548
And1: 1,728
Joined: Jan 24, 2006
Location: 414
 

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#803 » by ACGB » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:11 pm

Cancelled before the next billing cycle kicked in. Back to illegal streams for now I guess.
User avatar
WRau1
General Manager
Posts: 8,434
And1: 1,832
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#804 » by WRau1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 pm

ACGB wrote:Cancelled before the next billing cycle kicked in. Back to illegal streams for now I guess.


Ton of solid options now, you should be able to watch everything easily.
User avatar
jschligs
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,982
And1: 2,203
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#805 » by jschligs » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:38 pm

crkone wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:I don't think fox sports is back on sling. I'll probably just get Hulu until the playoffs start than go back to YouTube

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Yeah I went to Hulu. Luckily my billing starts on March 1st so I was able to get the most out of it.


I will say Hulu Live TV needs some work. I'm frequently dealing with artifacting/choppy video and I'm in Madison with great internet. That and it is by far the most delayed of all the streaming services I've used.
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 29,756
And1: 2,299
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#806 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:51 pm

I am techy enough that I had looked into cutting the cord 5-10 years ago but I'm still on old school DirecTV. The last ~3 years I have just called and gotten basically streaming TV prices. Roughly $55/month for a bulked-up package just by hinting that I am going to cancel and may go to streaming. I know you can get some services for more like $35 but we have a bulked up package similar to DirecTVNow or ATTNow or whatever it's called which is around that price.

They may have had a few channel disputes that really did not come to fruition but I'm still happy with the fact that I'm not well over a minute behind on live sports and have to deal with buffering.
chonestown
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,948
And1: 5,735
Joined: Mar 13, 2010
Location: Pants is a highly charged topic

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#807 » by chonestown » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:33 pm

I switched to YTTV in November and I've been real happy. Not pleased. I'll either get service through Spectrum - already got internet - or go with Hulu. Anyone know if I can get Spectrum through my Roku and avoid getting additional hardware?
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake
User avatar
tski1972
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,826
And1: 2,522
Joined: May 24, 2011
Location: Wow-saw, WI
Contact:
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#808 » by tski1972 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:18 pm

was very close to getting Youtube TV, but no longer.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

Image

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
xTitan
RealGM
Posts: 16,728
And1: 1,928
Joined: Mar 03, 2006
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#809 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:23 pm

chonestown wrote:I switched to YTTV in November and I've been real happy. Not pleased. I'll either get service through Spectrum - already got internet - or go with Hulu. Anyone know if I can get Spectrum through my Roku and avoid getting additional hardware?

I love YouTube TV, this is a kick in the balls, I guess i either change to Hulu (which I didn’t luv) or use someone’s password for the Fox Sports North App.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 67,248
And1: 20,203
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#810 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:43 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I am techy enough that I had looked into cutting the cord 5-10 years ago but I'm still on old school DirecTV. The last ~3 years I have just called and gotten basically streaming TV prices. Roughly $55/month for a bulked-up package just by hinting that I am going to cancel and may go to streaming. I know you can get some services for more like $35 but we have a bulked up package similar to DirecTVNow or ATTNow or whatever it's called which is around that price.

They may have had a few channel disputes that really did not come to fruition but I'm still happy with the fact that I'm not well over a minute behind on live sports and have to deal with buffering.

That's how to do it. Customer acquisition costs are high and turnover is large. Providers have incentive to try to keep you. Whenever my Uverse contract is up I hop on chat, tell them I have good options and tell them I'll stay if I can keep the same price. The last 2 times they lowered the price even though I just wanted the same price. I didn't argue. I couldn't do streaming + internet for what I pay now and I have a lot more channels. I was ticked off when they dropped RZ and NFLN last year, I love RZ, so I had to get Sling for 4 months and dropped it after the season.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
LittleRooster
Head Coach
Posts: 6,229
And1: 1,709
Joined: Apr 02, 2010
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#811 » by LittleRooster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:11 am

crkone wrote:Everything out there isn't really comparable. It has the best DVR and least buffering. I might have to go with Spectrum's TV Stream. It's at least cheaper but it doesn't allow you to view a lot of things away from your home unless you log into the app that is specific for that network like FS WI. It also doesn't work with chromecast.


Spectrum's stream doesn't include FS regional
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 24,585
And1: 5,888
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#812 » by crkone » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:26 am

LittleRooster wrote:
crkone wrote:Everything out there isn't really comparable. It has the best DVR and least buffering. I might have to go with Spectrum's TV Stream. It's at least cheaper but it doesn't allow you to view a lot of things away from your home unless you log into the app that is specific for that network like FS WI. It also doesn't work with chromecast.


Spectrum's stream doesn't include FS regional


I saw some posts that you can at least log into FSGo and watch from there but I didn't look into it much further.

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
User avatar
LittleRooster
Head Coach
Posts: 6,229
And1: 1,709
Joined: Apr 02, 2010
     

OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#813 » by LittleRooster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:33 am

crkone wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
crkone wrote:Everything out there isn't really comparable. It has the best DVR and least buffering. I might have to go with Spectrum's TV Stream. It's at least cheaper but it doesn't allow you to view a lot of things away from your home unless you log into the app that is specific for that network like FS WI. It also doesn't work with chromecast.


Spectrum's stream doesn't include FS regional


I saw some posts that you can at least log into FSGo and watch from there but I didn't look into it much further.


I think you could if you already have FS through their cable? At least that's my understanding, but maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong

ETA: A few people on a Reddit thread have said you can do Spectrum Choice and pick FS1. And apparently when you do that, you get access to the fox sports go app
WiscoKing13
RealGM
Posts: 10,797
And1: 652
Joined: Jan 03, 2009
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#814 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:32 am

They reached a temporary extension. No idea for how long

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.


I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
ShootingtheJ
Pro Prospect
Posts: 966
And1: 370
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#815 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:44 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:They reached a temporary extension. No idea for how long

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Awesome, just get me through the next game, then there's a few on national TV. Over half of the Bucks remaining games are on national TV.

Just joined YTTV last month and was loving it. I hope they either work this out, or Sinclair goes bankrupt (yeah I realize the 2nd option isn't a reality)
WiscoKing13
RealGM
Posts: 10,797
And1: 652
Joined: Jan 03, 2009
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#816 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:56 pm

Yep non national the rest of the way past Sunday

3/8 Suns
3/16 Heat
3/19 Griz
3/21 Wiz
3/23 Pistons
3/27 Wiz
3/29 Dal
4/3 Tor
4/11 Cavs
4/15 Nets

Really only 4 games of any interest in that list. I'd love to watch them all but in reality not missing much since they could have the NBA 1 seed wrapped up after the LAL game



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.


I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
User avatar
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,970
And1: 7,589
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#817 » by Matches Malone » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:27 pm

Was almost about to cancel Spectrum cable but the whole YTTV threw a wrench in everything. Decided I still was going to go through with canceling but at the last second they offered me everything I wanted plus gave me ultra internet for $30 less than what I was paying before lol. Just need to haggle them I guess.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
LittleRooster
Head Coach
Posts: 6,229
And1: 1,709
Joined: Apr 02, 2010
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#818 » by LittleRooster » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:16 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Was almost about to cancel Spectrum cable but the whole YTTV threw a wrench in everything. Decided I still was going to go through with canceling but at the last second they offered me everything I wanted plus gave me ultra internet for $30 less than what I was paying before lol. Just need to haggle them I guess.


Glad it worked for you! When I haggled I was going to end up paying 20ish more than I was. So I cancelled and got YTTV, which I love. I share it with my brother, who lives in a separate apartment, and it ended up being cheaper


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
soboMP3
Pro Prospect
Posts: 950
And1: 221
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Location: Milwaukee, WI
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#819 » by soboMP3 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:57 pm

User avatar
IrishRainbow
Veteran
Posts: 2,564
And1: 718
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: @ the drawing table
     

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#820 » by IrishRainbow » Sun Mar 1, 2020 3:53 pm

So. We have Dis+ paid for for the year...the Hulu package Hulu is basically OnDemand right? No Live content? Can I get a live content Hulu Disney ESPN bundle? Or am I just reserved to keep the itemized Dis+ and get the Hulu Live subscription? Any other options for FS?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks