OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#841 » by crkone » Thu Mar 5, 2020 8:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Glad everything lineup for me to get the free trial of Hulu while dumping YouTube TV before they charged, then dumping Hulu before they charged me and getting YouTube TV back.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 980

Post#842 » by Ryan5UW » Thu Mar 5, 2020 9:54 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Glad everything lineup for me to get the free trial of Hulu while dumping YouTube TV before they charged, then dumping Hulu before they charged me and getting YouTube TV back.

Yay yay!
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#843 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 7, 2020 4:29 pm

Has anyone tried running NFL game pass through a VPN?

Also is there a way to get redzone streamed ala carte?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#844 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 7, 2020 5:36 pm

Red Zone still isn't available stand alone. When Uverse, which I otherwise really like, stopped carrying NFL Network and Red Zone last year I switched to Sling during football season and got both in a package for $30 a month and then canceled in January. Unfortunately Sling is now in a dispute with the NFL too and currently doesn't have them, hopefully by the weekend they will.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#845 » by vegaspacker » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:38 am

Just grabbed a TiVo Stream 4k.

Haven't set it up yet. Suggested info??
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#846 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:15 am

Red Zone is now back on Sling. Blue package. I'll keep it until January as I dod last year. It was great to have today.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#847 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:16 am

vegaspacker wrote:Just grabbed a TiVo Stream 4k.

Haven't set it up yet. Suggested info??

Let me know how you like it
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,262

Post#848 » by soboMP3 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:10 am

Providing our members with 85+ channels requires contracts that are periodically renegotiated with content owners. Earlier this year, we negotiated an extension with Sinclair to continue carrying FOX Regional Sports Networks through the regular seasons for baseball, basketball, and hockey. Unfortunately, now the seasons are over and that extension is expiring.

Starting Thursday, October 1, 2020, FOX Regional Sports Networks will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and you will no longer have access to any previous recordings from FOX Regional Sports Networks.

This was a difficult decision made after months of negotiations. We hope that we can bring FOX RSNs back in the future. Thank you for your membership as we work to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

Lovely. Hopefully something gets sorted out in the next few months. And honestly, if the next season starts in the bubble again I won't be watching. It was just OK for the playoffs, but regular season games with no fans? No thanks!
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#849 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:49 pm

So now Hulu TV and Youtube TV have both lost all of the Fox regional sports networks. What's everybody's (legal) plan to be able to watch the Brewers and Bucks?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#850 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:53 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:So now Hulu TV and Youtube TV have both lost all of the Fox regional sports networks. What's everybody's (legal) plan to be able to watch the Brewers and Bucks?

My basic cable package with Spectrum costs the same as Hulu Live did when I had it.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#851 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Ugh. I had dropped Spectrum back in March when the pandemic shut down sports, and I didn't have a TV package again until the NBA bubble started. Then I got YouTube TV and I have absolutely loved it. For live sports, I watch on my living room TV that I have a Roku Ultra using a wired connection to my router. Amazing picture quality, better than I ever had with Spectrum, or UVerse before that.

I really don't want to have to switch, but I absolutely need Fox Sports Wisconsin.

Is there any indication that YouTube TV will be getting Fox Sports Wisconsin back?

I really like YTTV interface and the seem less nature of being able to access everything on any of my devices, from anywhere.

Is there anything out there that gives me Fox Sports Wisconsin that has comparable features to YTTV?

This is so annoying...
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,359

Post#852 » by MoreTrife » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:04 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Ugh. I had dropped Spectrum back in March when the pandemic shut down sports, and I didn't have a TV package again until the NBA bubble started. Then I got YouTube TV and I have absolutely loved it. For live sports, I watch on my living room TV that I have a Roku Ultra using a wired connection to my router. Amazing picture quality, better than I ever had with Spectrum, or UVerse before that.

I really don't want to have to switch, but I absolutely need Fox Sports Wisconsin.

Is there any indication that YouTube TV will be getting Fox Sports Wisconsin back?

I really like YTTV interface and the seem less nature of being able to access everything on any of my devices, from anywhere.

Is there anything out there that gives me Fox Sports Wisconsin that has comparable features to YTTV?

This is so annoying...

It appears AT&T TV has Fox Sports WI. I had it for awhile a few years ago when I was in Chicago (when it was DirecTV Now) and liked it but was having buffering issues. I switched to YTTV and like it a little more but if they don't get FSN back by Buck's season I'll switch to ATT TV.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#853 » by xTitan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:31 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Ugh. I had dropped Spectrum back in March when the pandemic shut down sports, and I didn't have a TV package again until the NBA bubble started. Then I got YouTube TV and I have absolutely loved it. For live sports, I watch on my living room TV that I have a Roku Ultra using a wired connection to my router. Amazing picture quality, better than I ever had with Spectrum, or UVerse before that.

This is so annoying...

My guess is that YouTube TV, Hulu, and most others will cut a deal with Sinclair right before the start of the NBA season and it will end right at the conclusion of MLB season....Sinclair’s request are very unreasonable from things I’ve heard, but also heard only spectrum and directtv carry their regional programming full time
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#854 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:34 pm

Is it possible to buy league pass and run it though a vpn to get your local city games to not be blacked out?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#855 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 1, 2020 9:38 pm

Peacock is a really nice service considering it's free and the commercial breaks are only a minute long. Some really good content there. Re-watching BSG for the 3rd or 4th time.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#856 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Dec 9, 2020 6:33 pm

So I'm just realizing that literally NO streaming services offer the regional fox sports anymore?????

Like what the ****, the NBA is losing ratings and I **** can't even watch my local games without standard cable?? They need to figure that **** out.

mubucks00
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#857 » by mubucks00 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:27 am

Yeah this situation sucks. Like the only option is to watch it illegally on the sketchy streams, league pass through an out of state vpn, or go back to the spectrum deathstar.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#858 » by crkone » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:57 pm

NBA blocked VPNs this November. The workaround got a lot harder.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#859 » by TroyD92 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:11 pm

mubucks00 wrote:Yeah this situation sucks. Like the only option is to watch it illegally on the sketchy streams, league pass through an out of state vpn, or go back to the spectrum deathstar.

Honestly streams aren’t even sketchy anymore. Still illegal but I couldn’t be much more straightforward at this point
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#860 » by WRau1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:08 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
mubucks00 wrote:Yeah this situation sucks. Like the only option is to watch it illegally on the sketchy streams, league pass through an out of state vpn, or go back to the spectrum deathstar.

Honestly streams aren’t even sketchy anymore. Still illegal but I couldn’t be much more straightforward at this point

Yup, that's the route I've gone the past 5 years. Easier and more stable than ever, currently.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks