Re: PG: For Christmas The Bucks Went To Jared 107-77 

Post#41 » by Hero » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:50 am

Great win. Now to repeat.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#42 » by El Duderino » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:12 am

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:Didn't see any of the game but the fact that our vets are leading us to meaningless victories makes me sad

In nearly every post game interview Kidd mentions how young the team is and thus is a learning experience.

Well, while the overall combined age of the roster is probably pretty young compared to most other teams, it's not as if we have a bunch of rookies and second year players just starting to learn the NBA game or toiling on the bench.

With Parker hurt, the only guys on the roster i'd consider as so inexperienced to be really still learning the game are Giannis, JOB, and Wolters who barely plays and has a pretty limited ceiling anyways. I guess Middleton and Henson could be included also, but both are very likely to be destined for careers as either bench players or a below average starter on a team without a better option.

So outside of Giannis, whenever the Bucks win a game and especially with Jabarri out, most of the main contributors will be veterans of varying years in the league, not potential high ceiling young guys.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#43 » by El Duderino » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:37 am

xTitan wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:At this point I'm just hoping that the vets that are playing so well are doing so for another organization in late February.

Interesting, this is actually getting complicated, I don't see getting much back for all of these vets, they all seem to be very good role players, but you won't get much back for them. I would like to add another elite rookie, but it appears that will most likely not happen. I am guessing best case scenario would be if Sanders pulls his head out of his A$$ and half resembles a decent player, then possibly trading him and Knight, but the whole tanking thing at this point already seems to be a lost cause.

So many here are getting their hopes up for a veteran firesale come the trade deadline and i just don't see it happening for a variety of reasons.

First of all, even though the Bucks have new ownership, my gut feeling is that they are enjoying this unexpected good play so far this season and thus would be perfectly fine with making the playoffs as a lower seed in the weak East. Plus, i do wonder if in their minds they feel it would look bad trading away players heading to a likely playoff berth while at the same time wanting a new arena.

Besides that, guys like Bayless and Dudley could have been had by any contender in the offseason, but they passed. Hell, the Bucks got a first round pick just by taking on Dudley's contract. It would be funny if a contender say gave the Bucks another future pick to acquire Dudley so long as we took on a similar contract of a player that team wasn't using.

Hammond isn't timid at all though about making trades so my guess is that at the deadline he ends up making a single trade, but it won;t be anything overly exciting and there also won't be some series of multiple trades involving veterans.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,365

Post#44 » by BucksFanSD » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:38 am

The previous game against Charlotte was one of the worst games of the year and this Bucks win was one of the best games of the year.

Ball movement, team defense, and everything team related is key to the Bucks playing good basketball.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,456

Post#45 » by KidA24 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:55 am

I'm sick of taptalk not working.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Pachulia
Junior
And1: 369

Post#46 » by Pachulia » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:43 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:One thing that's great about Kidd having guys like Bayless, Dudley, Zaza etc playing well is the fact that I would imagine he could do it with the 100 other players in the league on their level that are available every season.

This may be the most-biased thing i'll ever say, but you'd be hard pressed as **** to find a backup big who passes as well as Zaza...unless some polished center is coming out of this draft.
Follow Zaza on Instagram: @ZazaPachulia
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Post#47 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:51 am

Pachulia wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:One thing that's great about Kidd having guys like Bayless, Dudley, Zaza etc playing well is the fact that I would imagine he could do it with the 100 other players in the league on their level that are available every season.

This may be the most-biased thing i'll ever say, but you'd be hard pressed as **** to find a backup big who passes as well as Zaza...unless some polished center is coming out of this draft.

Nah I agree with the passing but these guys are 100% replaceable with a lot of different players. If Kidd has the Pop-like ability to shuffle in and out role players and have them do their roles as well as this group is we'll be in a good place moving forward.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
KingWing
Junior
And1: 168

Post#48 » by KingWing » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:56 am

Nice to see the starting backcourt was Marshall/Knight. I wonder if the impetus for the change had anything to do with players meeting after the last game.

For anyone who watched the game, did Marshall or Knight bring the ball up at the start of the game?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#49 » by AussieBuck » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:44 am

KingWing wrote:Nice to see the starting backcourt was Marshall/Knight. I wonder if the impetus for the change had anything to do with players meeting after the last game.

For anyone who watched the game, did Marshall or Knight bring the ball up at the start of the game?

Marshall was the PG for the first half, Knight had a little run on ball to start the second half.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Dimitraa
Banned User
And1: 115

Post#50 » by Dimitraa » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:51 am

I'm shocked at this result :o studley strikes again
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#51 » by RayRayJones » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:13 am

Moar team meetings.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#52 » by vlietinho » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:13 am

JimmyTheKid wrote:Fun game. Marshall gets the start at PG and good things happen.
:nod:

Like Olivia too btw :P
Willie Colon
Starter
And1: 1,151

Post#53 » by Willie Colon » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:49 am

Wasn't able to watch the game. What a shocking result. Hawks have been playing so well and have been beating the best teams in the league. I thought for sure this would be a blowout. Looks like we had another fluky shooting night. Dudley was 10/10....wow. So glad Marshall got the start. 8-)

Good win and all, but I can't help but find it disturbing that Middleton, Henson, and Nate look more likely to be traded than players like Zaza, Duds and Bayless. Make no mistake, wins like these are cool, but we're still not good enough to do anything special this year. Now would be a great time to sell with the vets playing so well.
We have Giannis Antetokounmpo and you don't. :naaa:
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#54 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:24 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Pachulia wrote:

Nah I agree with the passing but these guys are 100% replaceable with a lot of different players. If Kidd has the Pop-like ability to shuffle in and out role players and have them do their roles as well as this group is we'll be in a good place moving forward.

sorta disagree. zaza has always been one of the top backup centers in the league when he wasn't starting.... and lets not forget that Dudley was doc rivers prize sf thy flipped friggin Bledsoe for. he had a bad year playing dinged and then we stole him from the clips in the most lopsided deal of the year. and bayless is kidds son or something. bayless has had quite a reformation to his play and I think a lot of it has to do with his personal relationship with kidd... not necessarily kidd performing voodoo on him like he could just any player.

anyway. I don't think their replaceable with 100 guys in the league. I think it would be a lot harder than that. I do like kids work but this team I a little better than just tossing abunch of crap vets together and kidd making the most of it imo.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#55 » by imithanos » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Willie Colon wrote:Wasn't able to watch the game. What a shocking result. Hawks have been playing so well, and have beating the best teams in the league. I thought for sure this would be a blowout. Looks like we had another fluky shooting night. Dudley was 10/10....wow. So glad Marshall got the start. 8-)

Good win and all, but I can't help but find it disturbing that Middleton, Henson, and Nate look more likely to be traded than players like Zaza, Duds and Bayless. Make no mistake, wins like these are cool, but we're still not good enough to do anything special this year. Now would be a great time to sell with the vets playing so well.

+1

I enjoyed the win, great win, but I'd like to see more PT for the <25yo, not for the >25yo. :-?
No hay banda.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#56 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:05 pm

question for the group, if it came down to the final possession, down 1. Does Giannis gets the ball in his hands this season?
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#57 » by imithanos » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:21 pm

I dont think so. Although it depends on his personal opponent.
No hay banda.
Dimitraa
Banned User
And1: 115

Post#58 » by Dimitraa » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:38 pm

I think in the first Clippers game they gave it to him but for sure depends on if there is a matchup he can exploit. Of course the go to option is Knight and or Bayless and that's ok. As long he gets the ball in the whole 4rth quarter which he usually doesn't.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#59 » by LUKE23 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:00 pm

El Duderino wrote:In nearly every post game interview Kidd mentions how young the team is and thus is a learning experience.

Well, while the overall combined age of the roster is probably pretty young compared to most other teams, it's not as if we have a bunch of rookies and second year players just starting to learn the NBA game or toiling on the bench.

With Parker hurt, the only guys on the roster i'd consider as so inexperienced to be really still learning the game are Giannis, JOB, and Wolters who barely plays and has a pretty limited ceiling anyways. I guess Middleton and Henson could be included also, but both are very likely to be destined for careers as either bench players or a below average starter on a team without a better option.

So outside of Giannis, whenever the Bucks win a game and especially with Jabarri out, most of the main contributors will be veterans of varying years in the league, not potential high ceiling young guys.

Yep.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#60 » by Newz » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:02 pm

You know what I always say.

Duds gonna Duds.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks