ImageImage

Bucks D-League Affiliate - Jordan Brady named HC -pg 36

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,679

Re: Bucks D-League Affiliate - Jordan Brady named HC -pg 36 

Post#741 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Vince Hunter! That's my dude! I'm 100% getting a Vince Hunter HERD jersey.

Even when he plays in Russia all year? :reporter:
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#742 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:25 am

This is so unbelievably dumb. Ummm, how bout WE sign him to a two way?

The Herd's top four included forward Vince Hunter, center Gracin Bakumanya, forward Perry Ellis and guard Corey Walden. Hunter, a 6-foot-8 forward who played in Russia last season, was the Herd's top option with the third overall pick despite the fact they believe he may sign a two-way contract with another team before the season starts.

"It absolutely is (a calculated risk)," Dean said. "But we felt his talent outweighed that risk. But, yes, if a team were to sign him on a two-way contract or obviously on an NBA contract, there's nothing we could do with him at that point. But as you move forward, if something were to happen with that player and they became available we would have that player's rights and potentially talk to them about joining our G League roster."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/08/23/wisconsin-herd-takes-first-step-toward-building-roster/591578001/?hootPostID=cb992cb957906f35116da0c9ff695887
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#743 » by bizarro » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:19 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:This is so unbelievably dumb. Ummm, how bout WE sign him to a two way?

The Herd's top four included forward Vince Hunter, center Gracin Bakumanya, forward Perry Ellis and guard Corey Walden. Hunter, a 6-foot-8 forward who played in Russia last season, was the Herd's top option with the third overall pick despite the fact they believe he may sign a two-way contract with another team before the season starts.

"It absolutely is (a calculated risk)," Dean said. "But we felt his talent outweighed that risk. But, yes, if a team were to sign him on a two-way contract or obviously on an NBA contract, there's nothing we could do with him at that point. But as you move forward, if something were to happen with that player and they became available we would have that player's rights and potentially talk to them about joining our G League roster."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/08/23/wisconsin-herd-takes-first-step-toward-building-roster/591578001/?hootPostID=cb992cb957906f35116da0c9ff695887

:lol:

I came here to post this exact sentiment. And, we also don't know if they tried to do so. As others have alluded to in past threads: there was really no need to preemptively sign either Koenig or Moore before Summer League.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#744 » by AussieBuck » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:19 pm

Wait, we signed that super crap version of Wilson to a two-way? Lol
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#745 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 8, 2017 9:47 pm

Man, everyone getting signed to 2-ways has such better resumes than the two guys Horst inexplicably signed in early July. Still baffling.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#746 » by emunney » Fri Sep 8, 2017 9:56 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Man, everyone getting signed to 2-ways has such better resumes than the two guys Horst inexplicably signed in early July. Still baffling.

Both our guys from last year (me: Caruso; you: Magette) got snapped up.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#747 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 8, 2017 10:12 pm

emunney wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Man, everyone getting signed to 2-ways has such better resumes than the two guys Horst inexplicably signed in early July. Still baffling.

Both our guys from last year (me: Caruso; you: Magette) got snapped up.

Yep. My guy John Holland also inked a deal with the Cavs & Dwight Buycks will instantly be one of the best guards in the league for the Pistons's affiliate. These guys were already elite D-league/borderline NBA players willing to sign 2-ways. Complete failure by our front office in calculating that market. Guys will 9 times out of 10 take guaranteed money to stay in the States. Let's see if we can get Brian Butch to be HERD Director of Analytics tho.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks