ImageImage

OT: Music Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Re: OT: Music Thread 

Post#1341 » by stellation » Thu Oct 6, 2022 11:42 pm

I can't believe I only discovered Casiotone for the Painfully Alone in the past few weeks. I love everything I've heard, this is the first song that I came across (thank you, Spotify algorithm!). I love The Smiths, love witty/quirky indie music. So very in my wheelhouse.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#1342 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:34 am

Austin City Limits has been streaming on Hulu this weekend and it's been pretty fun. I think RHCP is closing it out.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1343 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:53 pm

So I guess I'm going to Vegas next year.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,587

Post#1344 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:49 am

That looks like a really big event for fans of that/those genre/s. I think that's every band I could possibly think of...plus 30 Seconds to Mars and Michelle Branch, for some reason :P

EDIT: Beach Bunny is kinda funny only in that they're like 20 and got famous on TikTok :lol: I can see how they fit adjacently though. Go see them if you do go. Cloud 9's a bop.

MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1345 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:47 pm

This is two years old, but it just showed up in my YT feed and boy am I glad it did.

Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#1346 » by Iheartfootball » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:26 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:This is two years old, but it just showed up in my YT feed and boy am I glad it did.

Love this!
stellation
RealGM

Post#1347 » by stellation » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:35 am

These are two of my all time "close my eyes and enjoy the bliss" songs. I love them both very much, they make my heart swell. I hope you like them.

#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1348 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:07 am

stellation wrote:These are two of my all time "close my eyes and enjoy the bliss" songs. I love them both very much, they make my heart swell. I hope you like them.

Wow, I haven't listened to of Montreal in many years. Another Athens (Georgia) band! Never saw them live, though. Thanks for sharing.

I like that classification for the songs. Here are two of mine.

Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#1349 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:12 pm

Spoiler:
stellation wrote:These are two of my all time "close my eyes and enjoy the bliss" songs. I love them both very much, they make my heart swell. I hope you like them.

Silent Sigh! So good. I haven't listened to him in a while. We saw BDB at the Fillmore years back in support of his second album I think? He was soooo drunk. Had to have the band start over songs way too many times to count, climbed into the crowd, had everyone part for him, and then went on a weird singy tirade. We left before he finished—one of the strangest concert experiences of my life. I love The Hour of Bewilderbeast, not a bad track on it.

Mike, I was JUST listening to the Decemberists and really enjoyed this one as a sound departure (as much as one can with Colin Meloy's vocals):

The Decemberists are a band I have to listen to small bits at a time. Their older stuff can get a little too Portland Renaissance Fair (not that there is anything wrong with that) for my tastes, but I do sprinkle them in often.

Speaking of of Montreal, this is my favorite track from them by a mile. Feels epic :

MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1350 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:51 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:Mike, I was JUST listening to the Decemberists and really enjoyed this one as a sound departure (as much as one can with Colin Meloy's vocals):

The Decemberists are a band I have to listen to small bits at a time. Their older stuff can get a little too Portland Renaissance Fair (not that there is anything wrong with that) for my tastes, but I do sprinkle them in often.

I struggled a bit with I'll Be Your Girl. I liked and respect that they experimented with their own style a bit, but it didn't hit too well for me. I liked the subsequent Traveling On EP much more...which is more evolved Portland Renaissance Faire :D

They're my all-timers, though. I'd watch them perform the ABCs and be entertained.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#1351 » by tski1972 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:17 am

One of my favorite bands of the last 20 years. Too bad more people don’t know about them outside their genre…

http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
stellation
RealGM

Post#1352 » by stellation » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:16 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:Mike, I was JUST listening to the Decemberists and really enjoyed this one as a sound departure (as much as one can with Colin Meloy's vocals):

I struggled a bit with I'll Be Your Girl. I liked and respect that they experimented with their own style a bit, but it didn't hit too well for me. I liked the subsequent Traveling On EP much more...which is more evolved Portland Renaissance Faire :D

They're my all-timers, though. I'd watch them perform the ABCs and be entertained.

Big fan of The Decemberists over here, too.

I think my favourite part of I'll Be Your Girl is We All Die Young, just because the album was a departure for them (and that song is a good example of it) but Colin can't help himself and the song's about a ghost of some Civil War general. :D

#FreeChuckDiesel
stellation
RealGM

Post#1353 » by stellation » Wed Nov 2, 2022 11:07 pm

Friends, I am not going to follow our standard posting format of providing a select youtube clip as I would like you to just experience the thrill I have. I recently spotted a casual mention of the band Dry Cleaning's new album Stumpwork as being rather good and offering something fresh and new, I jumped straight to the album and it was such a joy.

I encourage you to find this album and listen to it at your first opportunity without doing any further research- good for fans of music.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#1354 » by DanoMac » Mon Nov 7, 2022 11:50 pm

Her Loss, anyone?
stellation
RealGM

Post#1355 » by stellation » Wed Nov 9, 2022 12:08 am

Listening to the Wings greatest hits album, cleverly titled Wings Greatest. Band On The Run is followed by Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey, I feel like in those 2 songs I went on a journey of nearly a dozen different songs each of which was one of the best power pop numbers you've heard in your life.

#FreeChuckDiesel
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#1356 » by crkone » Wed Nov 9, 2022 12:15 am

stellation wrote:Listening to the Wings greatest hits album, cleverly titled Wings Greatest. Band On The Run is followed by Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey, I feel like in those 2 songs I went on a journey of nearly a dozen different songs each of which was one of the best power pop numbers you've heard in your life.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
stellation
RealGM

Post#1357 » by stellation » Wed Nov 9, 2022 12:15 am

Also, Jet is one of the best songs ever recorded.

#FreeChuckDiesel
stellation
RealGM

Post#1358 » by stellation » Wed Nov 9, 2022 12:18 am

crkone wrote:
stellation wrote:Listening to the Wings greatest hits album, cleverly titled Wings Greatest. Band On The Run is followed by Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey, I feel like in those 2 songs I went on a journey of nearly a dozen different songs each of which was one of the best power pop numbers you've heard in your life.

#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1359 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:21 pm

I kinda think they're always a little bull, but I'm really curious to see my Spotify rewind this year. I've had Pinegrove - Alaska and Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under on my "New" Music playlist since March. I think the last time I had something on there that long was for The National, when I listened to The System Only... 2x more than anything else that year.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1360 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:57 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I kinda think they're always a little bull, but I'm really curious to see my Spotify rewind this year. I've had Pinegrove - Alaska and Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under on my "New" Music playlist since March. I think the last time I had something on there that long was for The National, when I listened to The System Only... 2x more than anything else that year.

When I suspected my Spotify Rewind was bull I signed up for Last.fm and connected it. So I've got a year's worth of data right now.

My top ten songs are probably accurate. These weren't necessarily my favorite, but they were on my Spotify Liked list and that's what I listened to most:

1 - Halsey - Ghost
2 - Refused - New Noise
3 - Cold - A Different Kind of Pain
4 - Halsey - So Good
5 - ALL - Long Distance
6 - Delaney Jane - We Don't Sleep
7 - The Jim Carrol Band - People Who Died
8 - The Gaslight Anthem - We Came to Dance
9 - BANKS - Skinnydipped
10 - Ghost - Spillways

Return to Milwaukee Bucks