ImageImage

OT: 2019 Music Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
stellation
RealGM
Posts: 12,716
And1: 5,195
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#841 » by stellation » Wed Sep 4, 2019 8:32 pm

wichmae wrote:Can someone help me out? I start grad school tomorrow and am looking for some stuff to listen to while I study. I enjoy minimalist music like the XX or Phantogram (I know not super minimalistic). Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.google.com/search?q=brian+eno
User avatar
jimmybones
Analyst
Posts: 3,493
And1: 460
Joined: May 29, 2009

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#842 » by jimmybones » Thu Sep 5, 2019 8:52 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Tool is releasing their first new song in about 13 years today 8/7......it's been a long time coming. New album 8/30.

Never thought this was going to happen. Can't wait.



Absolutely blown away from the new album. Incredible. Danny (the drummer) is 58, just kills it.

I do miss Maynard's growl, although being 55 it probably isnt as easy to do anymore.


I've never given a full Tool album a listen but I've been aware of them and their main songs. With their new album I got curious and listened to some of it and then some of their old stuff. I like a variety of music but I'm not a huge hard rock guy but there is just something... intriguing? about them. I can't put my finger on how I feel about them, they are weird and hard to describe but it slowly grows on you.

As far as the new album, Pneuma is an amazing track.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 22,928
And1: 4,504
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#843 » by crkone » Fri Sep 6, 2019 1:35 pm

jimmybones wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Tool is releasing their first new song in about 13 years today 8/7......it's been a long time coming. New album 8/30.

Never thought this was going to happen. Can't wait.



Absolutely blown away from the new album. Incredible. Danny (the drummer) is 58, just kills it.

I do miss Maynard's growl, although being 55 it probably isnt as easy to do anymore.


I've never given a full Tool album a listen but I've been aware of them and their main songs. With their new album I got curious and listened to some of it and then some of their old stuff. I like a variety of music but I'm not a huge hard rock guy but there is just something... intriguing? about them. I can't put my finger on how I feel about them, they are weird and hard to describe but it slowly grows on you.

As far as the new album, Pneuma is an amazing track.


Their music is both easy to rock out to and fall asleep to on the same album. Throw in the phenomenal musicians and it's impressive.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 27,220
And1: 1,469
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#844 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:31 pm

Completely random comment on an album I threw on for the first time in probably 5-10 years, but the self-titled Ratatat album still gets the juices flowing. Also, Classics.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,378
And1: 17,235
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#845 » by emunney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Rest in peace and love to the one and only Daniel Johnston. Love this eels cover of one of his.

NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
stellation
RealGM
Posts: 12,716
And1: 5,195
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#846 » by stellation » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:52 pm

emunney wrote:Rest in peace and love to the one and only Daniel Johnston. Love this eels cover of one of his.


I'm more bummed by this than I would have thought, really was one of a kind.
User avatar
BuckHole
Veteran
Posts: 2,642
And1: 979
Joined: Jul 11, 2005
Location: VIP room at Drackenberg's Cigar Bar
 

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#847 » by BuckHole » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:14 am

Image

This is a really nice punk* music compilation.

https://www.amazon.com/No-Thanks-70s-Punk-Rebellion/dp/B0000DD539

*I don't want to argue with you what "punk" is.
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
User avatar
tski1972
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,422
And1: 2,293
Joined: May 24, 2011
Location: Wow-saw, WI
Contact:
     

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#848 » by tski1972 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:14 pm

RIP Eddie Money.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

Image

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Analyst
Posts: 3,108
And1: 1,036
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: The Bay Area, but not back down
     

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#849 » by Iheartfootball » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:33 am

tski1972 wrote:RIP Eddie Money.



"Oh, you're Boy Scouts, but you know life. You know life. So -- look at you."
- #45
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,116
And1: 14,541
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#850 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:28 am

I've always loved Eddie Money. This was a sad one.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,116
And1: 14,541
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#851 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:42 am

Jesus Christ, now Ric Ocasek passed away.

Read on Twitter


Yup.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,378
And1: 17,235
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#852 » by emunney » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:38 am

I was as shocked that Ocasek was 75 as I was that he died. He also produced Weezer's Blue Album. Eponymous The Cars and Blue Album are two absolute classics I spin on any extended road trip.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
El Duderino
RealGM
Posts: 20,454
And1: 1,262
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Working on pad level

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#853 » by El Duderino » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:57 am

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Tool is releasing their first new song in about 13 years today 8/7......it's been a long time coming. New album 8/30.

Never thought this was going to happen. Can't wait.


Absolutely blown away from the new album. Incredible. Danny (the drummer) is 58, just kills it.

I do miss Maynard's growl, although being 55 it probably isnt as easy to do anymore.


Tool is playing at Fiserv Forum on Oct 31 with Killing Joke.

Got tickets and am so incredibly happy to see them. Been wanting to see Tool for so long, but they haven't toured much and i missed out on earlier shows. Thought i'd never get the chance.

:rock: :clap: :rocking: :lift: :party: :guitar: :beer: :thumbsup:
User avatar
0BobLobLaw0
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,774
And1: 1,044
Joined: Aug 09, 2005
     

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#854 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:06 am

El Duderino wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Tool is releasing their first new song in about 13 years today 8/7......it's been a long time coming. New album 8/30.

Never thought this was going to happen. Can't wait.


Absolutely blown away from the new album. Incredible. Danny (the drummer) is 58, just kills it.

I do miss Maynard's growl, although being 55 it probably isnt as easy to do anymore.


Tool is playing at Fiserv Forum on Oct 31 with Killing Joke.

Got tickets and am so incredibly happy to see them. Been wanting to see Tool for so long, but they haven't toured much and i missed out on earlier shows. Thought i'd never get the chance.

:rock: :clap: :rocking: :lift: :party: :guitar: :beer: :thumbsup:


Got a ticket too. $25 in Ticketmaster fees. Ridiculous.

Can't wait. I had tickets to see them in Madison about 13 years ago but Maynard was having throat problems and the show was cancelled.

Can't. Wait.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks