ImageImage

OT: Music Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT: Music Thread 

Post#1321 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Sep 1, 2022 4:10 pm

chonestown wrote:When someone asks me what is the greatest song ever and I say "Big Tymers Intro" and they say "which one" and I say "All of them."

The one leading into "Everybody Get Your Roll On" really takes me back to my childhood.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#1322 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 1, 2022 4:16 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
chonestown wrote:When someone asks me what is the greatest song ever and I say "Big Tymers Intro" and they say "which one" and I say "All of them."

The one leading into "Everybody Get Your Roll On" really takes me back to my childhood.

Still slaps.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1323 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 1, 2022 4:21 pm

Love the new The National track. Makes me excited for the new album, as I Am Easy to Find was a bit of a miss for me - which was a sharp turn in my taste for their discography.

On the topic of Bon Iver again, just a shout out for the Blood Bank EP as it gets overlooked (including by me initially). Both because it was before he hit the height of his popularity, and also because it's an EP. Blood Bank, specifically, is so beautiful.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#1324 » by chonestown » Thu Sep 1, 2022 4:51 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Love the new The National track. Makes me excited for the new album, as I Am Easy to Find was a bit of a miss for me - which was a sharp turn in my taste for their discography.

On the topic of Bon Iver again, just a shout out for the Blood Bank EP as it gets overlooked (including by me initially). Both because it was before he hit the height of his popularity, and also because it's an EP. Blood Bank, specifically, is so beautiful.

Blood Bank is great. Always thought it sounded like he had been listening to a lot of Steve Reich at that time.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#1325 » by DanoMac » Thu Sep 1, 2022 8:52 pm

Bangers

engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#1326 » by engelmartin » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:11 pm

Why doesn’t Milwaukee have an NHL team?

KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#1327 » by engelmartin » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:29 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,420

Post#1328 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 4, 2022 5:44 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#1329 » by tski1972 » Sun Sep 4, 2022 3:34 pm

I watched some of the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert and it was great. Shane Hawkins absolutely destroyed those drums.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,420

Post#1330 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 4, 2022 4:05 pm

tski1972 wrote:I watched some of the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert and it was great. Shane Hawkins absolutely destroyed those drums.

I watched some of it live yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it. I'll be watching more of it today and tomorrow.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1331 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Sep 5, 2022 4:40 pm

I randomly came across Tobe Mwigwe’s music with the song “Fye Fye” and it might be the best mood I’ve heard in a long time. I searched for more of his music and was rewarded with a Paul Wall feature.

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#1332 » by crkone » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:37 am

So I really don't listen to Country but I have a thing for Charley Crockett. Dude puts out a ton of music and all of it is to his own old school country beat. I feel like he has something else besides this in him like a Jon Batiste waiting to explode.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1333 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:49 am

crkone wrote:So I really don't listen to Country but I have a thing for Charley Crockett. Dude puts out a ton of music and all of it is to his own old school country beat. I feel like he has something else besides this in him like a Jon Batiste waiting to explode.

Unrelated but this made me reasonably mad last month. I figured no one around here would care but if anyone wants to yell about it, I have a lot of material.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#1334 » by vital_signs » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:54 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Love the new The National track. Makes me excited for the new album, as I Am Easy to Find was a bit of a miss for me - which was a sharp turn in my taste for their discography.

This dude is overlooked but if you like Bon Iver, you'll definitely love this. It's an airplane favorite for me because I like to get nostalgic as I leave the land of curds.

;list=PLkLGtfv9wqNI0Y2rV5kmJgrbm5cJO6UN_&index=3&ab_channel=GregoryAlanIsakov-Topic
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#1335 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:12 pm

I need to DJ an event coming up where the playlist is setup in advance and basically runs itself. Everything needs to be saved on a harddrive and I'd like to be able to edit songs to ensure transitions are smooth and there's no dead space between songs. Any tips on this? I don't think I've actually downloaded a song in 10 years, so not sure if Apple/Amazon even allow you full access to the track file to make edits, etc.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1336 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Oct 4, 2022 2:24 pm

Was thinking today, looking at my New Music playlist which still has songs on it from the Spring, that for my tastes we've really hit a dry stretch in the second half of this year. I've only added two songs since June, and they're both from earlier in the year anyway.

What have y'all been listening to lately?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1337 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 4, 2022 2:52 pm

A decent amount of pop.

Liked this recent one from Banks.

Lorde's sister is good.

This is one from Alisa Xayality of TNAF

Gotten into Delaney Jane

Other than that a lot of rock.

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,962

Post#1338 » by RiotPunch » Tue Oct 4, 2022 4:31 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Was thinking today, looking at my New Music playlist which still has songs on it from the Spring, that for my tastes we've really hit a dry stretch in the second half of this year. I've only added two songs since June, and they're both from earlier in the year anyway.

Our tastes have aligned pretty well over the years, but it's been tough out there. Here are a few (not all new, but maybe new to you?) that I've been into:

Spoiler:
Lots of Big Thief, specifically 'Certainty':

Anyway Gang - Out of Nowhere

Said The Whale - 99 to the Moon

Futurebirds feat. Carl Broemel - Buffet Days

Cayucas - Topo Ride the Wave

Ratboys - I Go Out at Night

the Mountain Goats - Make You Suffer

Spoiler:
EDIT: Also, still obsessed with the new Bear's Den in case you missed my post in May:

Bear's Den - Frightened Whispers

EDIT EDIT: This is the Ratboys video to watch if you want to fall in love.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I can't stop
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1339 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Oct 4, 2022 9:20 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Was thinking today, looking at my New Music playlist which still has songs on it from the Spring, that for my tastes we've really hit a dry stretch in the second half of this year. I've only added two songs since June, and they're both from earlier in the year anyway.

Our tastes have aligned pretty well over the years, but it's been tough out there. Here are a few (not all new, but maybe new to you?) that I've been into:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
EDIT: Also, still obsessed with the new Bear's Den in case you missed my post in May:

I need to dig into these - I didn't even know there was new Cayucas, Mountain Goats, or Bear's Den - but quick fun fact for now. Futurebirds are from Athens and play(ed) there a lot. Saw them live in I think 2018 when I lived down yonder. I haven't listen to them outside of that really, but I will give them a listen!
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,962

Post#1340 » by RiotPunch » Tue Oct 4, 2022 9:25 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I need to dig into these - I didn't even know there was new Cayucas, Mountain Goats, or Bear's Den - but quick fun fact for now. Futurebirds are from Athens and play(ed) there a lot. Saw them live in I think 2018 when I lived down yonder. I haven't listen to them outside of that really, but I will give them a listen!

That's awesome! Yeah, they are Athens proud. I love them so much, planning on seeing them at the Troubadour in LA in November... Might even see Bear's Den there this Saturday. My wife and I saw them 3 or 4 years ago at the Echoplex, and they blew us away. Turned off all of their equipment and played 'Gabriel' in the middle of the crowd. Magical music moment for me.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks