Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
Down To Buck
Senior
And1: 306

Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#1742 » by Down To Buck » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:55 pm

As promised, the Giannis Antetokounmpo dunk compilation ("dunkilation"), forget about the Greek NT for a while and remember all the fun we had last season. Or don't. Your call.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3UVjlALiWI[/youtube]
Check out my NBA Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/DownToBuck
turbostef
Senior
And1: 213

Post#1743 » by turbostef » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:40 am

http://www.superbasket.gr/i-proti-tis-ethnikis-picsvids/

Some Pics and Vids from the 1. Training of the NT. As you can see Thanasis is there.
Tyler Dorsey from Oregon College also.

Giannis will be there tomorrow. Should be on his way to Greece right now.

basket.gr
is the official website of the Greek Federation. I expect pics from Giannis tomorrow
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#1744 » by Shaffty » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:42 am

Down To Buck wrote:As promised, the Giannis Antetokounmpo dunk compilation ("dunkilation"), forget about the Greek NT for a while and remember all the fun we had last season. Or don't. Your call.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3UVjlALiWI[/youtube]

DTB i need all MIddleton buckets
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1745 » by Fotis St » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:37 am

The Greeks pray for Giannis ... not only to quilify for Rio ... but mainly to stay healthy !!!
Go Greece, go Bucks !!!
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
turbostef
Senior

Post#1746 » by turbostef » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:05 am

Fotis St wrote:The Greeks pray for Giannis ... not only to quilify for Rio ... but mainly to stay healthy !!!
Go Greece, go Bucks !!!

For the first time in my life I pray that we don't qualify.

I think it was important that Giannis showed the world (and the Greeks) that he would not drop the NT.

But 2-3 months of risks for him (Injury, Bugs, Virus etc.) is too much. I don't wan't him to regret this decision.

For me it would be OK if we play good fast basketball with Giannis running the point and a almost loss to Italy.

After that he returns to Milwaukee and signs that contract

(Giannis if you read this: I was just kidding :lol: I demand that you beast around and destroy Italy :lol: )
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#1747 » by imithanos » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 pm

turbostef wrote:
Fotis St wrote:The Greeks pray for Giannis ... not only to quilify for Rio ... but mainly to stay healthy !!!
Go Greece, go Bucks !!!

I think it was important that Giannis showed the world (and the Greeks) that he would not drop the NT.

But 2-3 months of risks for him (Injury, Bugs, Virus etc.) is too much. I don't wan't him to regret this decision.

For me it would be OK if we play good fast basketball with Giannis running the point and a almost loss to Italy.

(Giannis if you read this: I was just kidding :lol: I demand that you beast around and destroy Italy :lol: )

Better be a joke. :-?

I would prefer Giannis not participating at all than rooting Greece not to qualify in Rio.
No hay banda.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#1748 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:17 pm

If Greece qualifies and plays Australia I'll find the most bogan pub around and obnoxiously support Greece. Should be a good way to make new friends and have a fun time. Who wants to join me?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
turbostef
Senior

Post#1749 » by turbostef » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:26 pm

AussieBuck wrote:If Greece qualifies and plays Australia I'll find the most bogan pub around and obnoxiously support Greece. Should be a good way to make new friends and have a fun time. Who wants to join me?

Hahaha sorry pal If I cross the Atlantic I'd rather continue to Rio to watch the Game live :D
(I suppose you are in Milwaukee)

But this year I will be only in Italy. South America is too far away although I have friends in Argentina which I met in 2014 at the world cup.

As I did not expect Greece to be in Rio 2016 I did'n make plans for the Olympics
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
turbostef
Senior

Post#1750 » by turbostef » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Giannis is expected to join the NT training tomorrow.

I was starting to get scared if he was lost over the atlantic :D

Blue-white season has started :)
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
The Lazy Potato
Pro Prospect
And1: 300

Post#1751 » by The Lazy Potato » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:33 pm

2013 NBA Draft Rewind: The Greek Freak leaps to Cavs at No. 1 in redraft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2013-nba-draft-rewind-the-greek-freak-leaps-to-cavs-at-no-1-in-redraft/
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#1752 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:50 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
Greek wrote:Given the insurance that Greece will have to pay when his new contract kicks out I think that it will be the last time that will play for the NT unfortunately...

No, the insurance the NT pays is not covering the contract but the bills of the hospitals and stuff.
Imagine how much USA team would have to pay each time their team plays.

turbostef wrote:Excactly like this.

As Vasilakopoulos said last year "we insure players not contracts" :lol:

As funny as this is, this is the obligation that every Federation has to cover. This is FIBA Regulations that are agreed with NBA.

Could change some day but actually it is like this.

And I assume that NBA Teams have insurances also :wink:

As already pointed out earlier in the thread, FIBA passed new rules that all players worldwide must have their entire contracts covered by insurance.

This also includes friendly games and practice sessions. The rules are already in effect. So yes, Greece has to insure his entire contract. You are talking about the old rules, which no longer exist. Both the NBA and the Euroleague demanded full insurance for the contracts of their players, or they were not going to let any players under contract play in a FIBA tournament anymore. So FIBA made it a rule that all players must have their entire contract insured.
turbostef
Senior

Post#1753 » by turbostef » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:12 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
Greek wrote:Given the insurance that Greece will have to pay when his new contract kicks out I think that it will be the last time that will play for the NT unfortunately...

No, the insurance the NT pays is not covering the contract but the bills of the hospitals and stuff.
Imagine how much USA team would have to pay each time their team plays.

turbostef wrote:Excactly like this.

As Vasilakopoulos said last year "we insure players not contracts" :lol:

As funny as this is, this is the obligation that every Federation has to cover. This is FIBA Regulations that are agreed with NBA.

Could change some day but actually it is like this.

And I assume that NBA Teams have insurances also :wink:

As already pointed out earlier in the thread, FIBA passed new rules that all players worldwide must have their entire contracts covered by insurance.

This also includes friendly games and practice sessions. The rules are already in effect. So yes, Greece has to insure his entire contract. You are talking about the old rules, which no longer exist. Both the NBA and the Euroleague demanded full insurance for the contracts of their players, or they were not going to let any players under contract play in a FIBA tournament anymore. So FIBA made it a rule that all players must have their entire contract insured.

Never read about this.

Is there a link for this?
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
turbostef
Senior

Post#1754 » by turbostef » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:32 am

The Lazy Potato wrote:2013 NBA Draft Rewind: The Greek Freak leaps to Cavs at No. 1 in redraft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2013-nba-draft-rewind-the-greek-freak-leaps-to-cavs-at-no-1-in-redraft/

And it's not even close in my opinion.

Gobert is a crazy talent put in this small ball league you don't build your Franchise around a big men.

So Giannis is the only potential franchise player in this 2013 Draft.

(by the way : Benett must have mental problems. He does not even have offers from Europe??!!)
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,517

Re: Re: Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#1755 » by drone3 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:19 am

turbostef wrote:
The Lazy Potato wrote:2013 NBA Draft Rewind: The Greek Freak leaps to Cavs at No. 1 in redraft.

And it's not even close in my opinion.

Gobert is a crazy talent put in this small ball league you don't build your Franchise around a big men.

So Giannis is the only potential franchise player in this 2013 Draft.

(by the way : Benett must have mental problems. He does not even have offers from Europe??!!)

The Knicks will pick up Bennett. Phil will sort his confidence out.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#1756 » by DutchManDanFan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:23 pm

imithanos wrote:
turbostef wrote:
Go Greece, go Bucks !!!

I would prefer Giannis not participating at all than rooting Greece not to qualify in Rio.

A(n) almost loss to Italy... Isn´t that a win? :D

(I think you meant a close loss)
turbostef
Senior

Post#1757 » by turbostef » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:26 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:
imithanos wrote:
turbostef wrote:

A(n) almost loss to Italy... Isn´t that a win? :D

(I think you meant a close loss)

Meant "low margin loss" :lol:
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#1758 » by Jez2983 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:26 pm

AussieBuck wrote:If Greece qualifies and plays Australia I'll find the most bogan pub around and obnoxiously support Greece. Should be a good way to make new friends and have a fun time. Who wants to join me?

I feel like a bogan pub having bball on is highly unlikely. And as much as it'd be great fun to spend heaps of money to get the s@#t kicked out of me, I can probably do that by going to my local. I mean, I'm in rural SA - it's already massively bogan with minimal effort!
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#1759 » by skones » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Think Adams is too high. For the record.
The Lazy Potato
Pro Prospect
And1: 300

Post#1760 » by The Lazy Potato » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:39 pm

skones wrote:

Think Adams is too high. For the record.

in my opinion the 2013 Draft (top 10) should be :

No.1 : Giannis Antetokounmpo

No.2 : C.J. McCollum

No.3 : Nerlens Noel

No.4 : Steven Adams

No.5 : Victor Oladipo

No.6 : Rudy Gobert

No.7 : Dennis Schroder

No.8 : Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

No.9 : Michael Carter-Williams

No.10 : Otto Porter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks