Re: Marquette Hoops Discussion 

Post#202 » by lessthannick11 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:17 pm

Big get, but really need another PG in either 2018 or 2019 next
MidnightBuck
Junior
And1: 219

Post#203 » by MidnightBuck » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:27 am

lessthannick11 wrote:Big get, but really need another PG in either 2018 or 2019 next

Word on the street is Wojo and company are putting the full court press on Quentin Grimes (2018). Listed as a SG, however.
lessthannick11
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#204 » by lessthannick11 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:15 pm

Yeah that could be a pipe dream, but no harm in going for a big time player in 2018 at this point
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,245

Post#205 » by The Wet Whistle » Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:44 pm

Read on Twitter

In Quentin Grimes' top 7. Still a long shot imo, but cool nonetheless
skitch815
Starter
And1: 59

Post#206 » by skitch815 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm the biggest Marquette fan I know but that surprises me. 3 blue bloods, the 3 big programs in his home state and MU. Would be awesome tbough.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#207 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Joey Hauser drove to the basket, planted his foot and felt a pop and a surge of pain.

The Stevens Point Area Senior High senior, a top 50 national recruit for the class of 2018 who committed this summer to Marquette University, knew something was seriously wrong.

The diagnosis was a Jones fracture — a break in the bone in the middle of his foot just below his small toe.

"The doctor said (the foot) was already broken but not bad enough to the point it hurt real bad," Hauser said. "Something like a hairline fracture. I felt it but I just thought it was normal pain."

The senior forward had surgery Aug. 17 with nationally-renowned foot and ankle surgeon Dr. Robert Anderson, who also treats the Green Bay Packers and other professional athletes.

Hauser was informed there would be an estimated six-week recovery and rehabilitation period following the surgery. He will be in a splint until Aug. 30 and then wear a protective boot for three weeks.

If there are no setbacks, Hauser should be ready for the opening of practice in November as SPASH seeks a fourth straight Division 1 state championship.

Hauser said doctors told him he can expect to be fully recovered with no movement or other hindrances by the time the season starts.

A first-team Associated Press all-state selection as a junior and 2018 Player of the Year candidate, Hauser topped the Panthers in scoring and rebounding last season at 23.6 points and 11.5 rebounds per game.

He missed the first 11 games of the 2016-17 SPASH season with a high ankle sprain he suffered during the football playoffs.

News of the injury to Hauser traveled fast.

"When I first heard the news my initial concern was for Joey," said SPASH coach Scott Anderson, who received a text from one of the kids participating in the pick-up game. "You're hoping for the best for him and his family.

"Joey has certainly dealt with his share of injuries the last couple years. The news (since the surgery) has been nothing but positive and he'll have a full recovery and be good to go this season."

Hauser, who committed to Marquette University on July 23, informed his future college coach of the news. He said Steve Wojciechowski was familiar with Dr. Anderson when he worked with Kyrie Irving while the Golden Eagles head coach was an assistant coach at Duke.

By NCAA rules, Wojciechowski is not allowed to comment on recruits until they officially sign their letter-of-intent. Hauser will sign with Marquette during the fall signing period which begins Nov. 8.

"(Coach Wojo) is all filled in and knows what's going on," Hauser said. "He was extremely happy when he heard who the surgeon was because he knew (Dr. Anderson) and knew everything would be all good."

The injury will force Hauser to take a break from basketball — his first in some years. He has been competing non-stop during the high school season and then through the spring and summer AAU circuits with the Iowa Barnstormers.

"I love to work out, so (having to stay away from basketball) is going to be kind of hard," Hauser said. "It sucks that it happened, but it's probably a good thing to take a break because I've been going year round."
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#208 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Nov 6, 2017 4:22 pm

I didn't watch a second but sounds like MU struggled this weekend vs. a D2 school, sigh, lol.

Seems like projections have MU as a bubble team this year again. I personally would be a little disappointed if don't make the tourney. I know the Big East is pretty solid again, but bringing alot of talent back. I guess my biggest concern is the front court. GOing to be depending on newcomers most likely, Theo John and Froling. If they struggle, it is going to put alot of pressure on the guards/wings. Big year for the program. I think if they miss the tourney the fan base will get a little more restless even with getting in last year.
Cjbeatbox3
Ballboy
And1: 18

Post#209 » by Cjbeatbox3 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 7:06 pm

I know it's not much consolation as they are still a D2 program but Lindenwood is an up and coming, top 25 D2 team. They're coached by former Oshkosh West High school coach and two time D1 state champion, Lance Randall..guy has coached in England, and was a head assistant at St. Louis under Rick Majerus before taking over his dad's high school team after his unexpected passing..in other words...it doesn't surprise me that Woj was out coached this weekend.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#210 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:32 am

Nice comeback, only down 2 at half.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#211 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:33 am

Slipping away now...
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#212 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 am

They hung on for awhile. Purdue is just better
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#213 » by JackSIKMA43 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:44 am

Boilermaker alumni here ... it's not often we have anything to cheer about in sports, but the basketball team is pretty good and the football team is worlds better than the past 5+ years. It's an engineering school, not a hot spot for the best athletes. Is what it is.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#214 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:48 am

Such a lack of talent on MU, hopefully they turn it around recruiting wise. Not sold on Wojo either.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#215 » by Mags FTW » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:54 am

Defense still stinks.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#216 » by El Duderino » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:45 am

MickeyDavis wrote:They hung on for awhile. Purdue is just better

Purdue is really good. Two big centers and quality experience everywhere else.

Marquette just was no match for the size of Purdue. When they didn't double inside, Purdue's big guys got easy baskets and when they did double, Purdue got easy shots elsewhere.
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#217 » by bucksbrewers3 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:10 am

Great start in Maui today sucks I work during the games but recorded it and watched. They are going to live and die by the 3 this year. Hopefully the SMU transfer can help down low come mid Dec
lessthannick11
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#218 » by lessthannick11 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 pm

They dont even get paint points from guards at this point. No dribble penetration, just jump shooting. They need more out of Anim/Cheatham/Elliot to become slashers to open things up
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#219 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:19 am

Depth becoming a concern. They are getting absolutely no offense production from the bench. I thought Anim was supposed to be producing more. Frolick hopefully helps the bugs. Heldt/Theo John combo can't be trusted. At least Theo didn't foul out today.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#220 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:19 pm

lessthannick11 wrote:They dont even get paint points from guards at this point. No dribble penetration, just jump shooting. They need more out of Anim/Cheatham/Elliot to become slashers to open things up

I agree, they are going to need something else besides Howard/Rowsey/Hauser jacking up 3's. Frolick will hopefully help interior scoring when he can join the team. But they need somebody to step up off the bench to help with the load. One more year of Fischer would've been nice.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks