OT: DIY

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 19,270

Re: OT: DIY 

Post#261 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 28, 2020 3:47 am

Gianstoppable wrote:The house we are buying was built in 91 and needs some updating for sure. No big deal, we completely remodeled our last home so this is nothing, however, they put the fireplace in the worst spot.

What would you do with this? I tried Twitter but it's mainly 13 year olds and nobody responded even with my stupid hashtags.

Read on Twitter
?s=19
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,086

Post#262 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Another thing about our home, we are on a lake. A small 155 acre lake that is borderline Euphoric, out front our area is mucky and weedy. Anyone have a suggestion for relieving the muck and weeds? Not looking to harm fish or anything but would like to control it. Seems worse this year because the water levels are higher than they have been in years due to the heavy rains this spring. Any suggestions are much appreciated!
jute2003
Veteran
And1: 1,047

Post#263 » by jute2003 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:22 pm

With all of our free time, we decided to finally paint our house this spring. It has needed it for years but we just kept putting it off. The south side of the house had been absolutely wrecked by the sun so I had to replace a bunch of wooden trim and do some repairs to the windows. While we were at it, we also decided to scrap the cheap plastic shutters and build some nicer cedar shutters. Finally, we replaced the exterior light fixtures with some that matched the new paint scheme and replaced most of the storm windows.

The trim work was an adventure but it all turned out pretty good. I still hate wobbly ladders and I will never take up painting as a side gig but I am super happy to have it done. Our house was starting to look pretty sad.

I sprung for good paint from Sherwin William's for the first time. I will never ever buy cheap menards paint again. So much easier to work with
only a fan, only an opinion
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,086

Post#264 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:30 am

jute2003 wrote:With all of our free time, we decided to finally paint our house this spring. It has needed it for years but we just kept putting it off. The south side of the house had been absolutely wrecked by the sun so I had to replace a bunch of wooden trim and do some repairs to the windows. While we were at it, we also decided to scrap the cheap plastic shutters and build some nicer cedar shutters. Finally, we replaced the exterior light fixtures with some that matched the new paint scheme and replaced most of the storm windows.

The trim work was an adventure but it all turned out pretty good. I still hate wobbly ladders and I will never take up painting as a side gig but I am super happy to have it done. Our house was starting to look pretty sad.

I sprung for good paint from Sherwin William's for the first time. I will never ever buy cheap menards paint again. So much easier to work with

Perfect time to tackle those tedious projects and it's so rewarding when you finish them as for paint Sherwin Williams is great, we have recently used Behr Ultimate which we lole just as much for a little cheaper. Cheap paint is the worst.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks