LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Re: MCW traded for Tony Snell - Deal Done 

Post#1261 » by LuessiT » Fri May 5, 2017 8:06 pm

jschligs wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
skones wrote:
I didn't completely miss the point. Point blank, Snell filled a role for us, but his level of effectiveness has been greatly exaggerated. I'll also say this. If you think because a play works 2 to 3 times it will work 10-15 times, you don't understand the way the game works. Teams catch onto those things and alter their defense. Also, if a play results in a shot that's hit at a 35% clip, the play isn't very good.

There is not much you can alter about that play though. If Snell's defender does fight over, Snell can cut in the opposite direction, forcing a reaction out of Giannis' defender. If Snell's defender doesn't fight over the screen either Giannis' defender sticks to Giannis which results in a 3-point shot or he double teams which lets Giannis fake the DBH and drive to the hoop. There is no way to reliably stop that play. And being able to shoot a 3 at 35% in half-court offense at any point in the shot clock is pretty good. And that was a rough estimate, that number could be higher.

If there was no good way to stop that play why wouldn't we run it 40 times a game? There is absolutely ways to stop it and teams will adjust.

Cause Kidd doesn't like running plays.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#1262 » by AussieBuck » Fri May 5, 2017 11:48 pm

crkone wrote:One day people will realize that Snell is from the defensive school of Royal Ivey.

Sure but that's much better than most 3 point shooters and you can put him at three different positions.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1263 » by 4xBuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Max offer for Snell... No more than 3/$30M or 4/$36M... More than that, let him walk. I imagine he'll get a better offer than that on the open market- so be it. Just no longer want to overpay for role players.

Really, I don't want to see any moves unless it's trading vets and expirings for draft picks or young assets. Let the young corp develop and get in position to make a move next year.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,869

Re: MCW for Tony Snell deal going down. MTC? 

Post#1264 » by Fotis St » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Fotis St wrote:MCW was salary controlled as a backup ...
Snell's value will rise up as a starter and while you will be happy if he makes open 3s ...
Next summer Snell who could score 10p/game will demand 10m/y
and then everybody will understand that this was not a good trade.
Right now if Snell signs an extension like 3/12M, I am fine, but I see Giannis raise Snell's value as Plumlee's and we resign Snell expensive.
And if ex Brooklyn offers 14M/y to Snell we lose him for nothing...

I mean the possibility to overpay starter Snell is bigger than the possibility to overpay backup MCW ...

October 16th 2016, Page 14 8-)
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Re: MCW for Tony Snell deal going down. MTC? 

Post#1265 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Fotis St wrote:MCW was salary controlled as a backup ...
Snell's value will rise up as a starter and while you will be happy if he makes open 3s ...
Next summer Snell who could score 10p/game will demand 10m/y
and then everybody will understand that this was not a good trade.
Right now if Snell signs an extension like 3/12M, I am fine, but I see Giannis raise Snell's value as Plumlee's and we resign Snell expensive.
And if ex Brooklyn offers 14M/y to Snell we lose him for nothing...

I mean the possibility to overpay starter Snell is bigger than the possibility to overpay backup MCW ...

October 16th 2016, Page 14 8-)

Good call. Doesn't mean it wasn't a good trade though. But I agree, don't pay Snell.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#1266 » by Treebeard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:33 pm

What's the odds of MCW returning to Milwaukee if roster space is opened?
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#1267 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Treebeard wrote:What's the odds of MCW returning to Milwaukee if roster space is opened?

0.00%
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#1268 » by Treebeard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:41 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Treebeard wrote:What's the odds of MCW returning to Milwaukee if roster space is opened?

0.00%

That works for me.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#1269 » by Max Green » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:46 pm

I could've sworn there was a poster here who said MCW would damn near be out of the league after his rookie contract.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#1270 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Max Green wrote:I could've sworn there was a poster here who said MCW would damn near be out of the league after his rookie contract.

Pretty sure it was Chuck Diesel. Good call. And for those of you who I mocked RE: #teamennis, I apologize. Not because Ennis is any good. But because MCW is just as bad, if not worse.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Re: MCW for Tony Snell being discussed 

Post#1271 » by Wooderson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Is MCW really that bad these days?

As for Snell, he's a bit younger, he's long and a capable 3/D guy, but he lacks aggression and can often go invisible on offense. He has stretches where you think he might break out, but after this long, I think most people have given up on him being a big time difference maker.

He's very capable depth though.

I guess the Bulls must be liking his potential, because we already have a bunch of capable PG's, and we could really do without another non-shooting one.

Snell is only a month younger.

Snell should have been a 3/D guy, but his 3 point shooting is overrated. Most of them are wide open, so it's not like he's actually stretching the defense since nobody really goes out to defend him. I think Snell is depth in case of injury or foul trouble, but he can't be someone you rely on for consistent minutes. He is way to invisible on the court other than hitting WIDE OPEN 3's.

And I don't think the Bulls have capable backup PGs. I didn't see much out of Grant or Dinwiddie to think they can be relied on for 82 games as the backup PGs, and Cannan looks more like a undersized SG.

If it really is a plain swap of players, then Bulls easily won this trade. MCW can't be relied on to be a starter, but of what I have seen from him he can be productive off the bench for 10-15 mins as the backup PG. Snell on the other hand, is likely a season or 2 away from playing in China.

I guess we will see what happens, but Snell had a 6 PER last year after supposedly working VERY hard over the summer. He's not good.

Hmmm, so which player is a season or two away from playing in China?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: MCW for Tony Snell being discussed 

Post#1272 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Wooderson wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Is MCW really that bad these days?

As for Snell, he's a bit younger, he's long and a capable 3/D guy, but he lacks aggression and can often go invisible on offense. He has stretches where you think he might break out, but after this long, I think most people have given up on him being a big time difference maker.

He's very capable depth though.

I guess the Bulls must be liking his potential, because we already have a bunch of capable PG's, and we could really do without another non-shooting one.

Snell is only a month younger.

Snell should have been a 3/D guy, but his 3 point shooting is overrated. Most of them are wide open, so it's not like he's actually stretching the defense since nobody really goes out to defend him. I think Snell is depth in case of injury or foul trouble, but he can't be someone you rely on for consistent minutes. He is way to invisible on the court other than hitting WIDE OPEN 3's.

And I don't think the Bulls have capable backup PGs. I didn't see much out of Grant or Dinwiddie to think they can be relied on for 82 games as the backup PGs, and Cannan looks more like a undersized SG.

If it really is a plain swap of players, then Bulls easily won this trade. MCW can't be relied on to be a starter, but of what I have seen from him he can be productive off the bench for 10-15 mins as the backup PG. Snell on the other hand, is likely a season or 2 away from playing in China.

I guess we will see what happens, but Snell had a 6 PER last year after supposedly working VERY hard over the summer. He's not good.

Hmmm, so which player is a season or two away from playing in China?

Yup I was wrong. Mcw sucks
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,844

Post#1273 » by Plossum » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 pm

FA market should be depressed this year due to cap being lower than anticipated. Should help us hopefully bring back Snell at pretty reasonable deal. If he wants more than 12 mill per I let him walk.
#LockUpChuck
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1274 » by blazza18 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Hinkie the god knew.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#1275 » by engelmartin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Let's resign MCW and trade him for another underutilized wing with no role buried on the bench somewhere.

James Young? Axel Toupane? Reggie Bullock?

I wonder if Denver is ready to trade Will Barton.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#1276 » by JackSIKMA43 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Snell has a 7-foot wingspan. Which means he's getting paid.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#1277 » by engelmartin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:32 pm

JackSIKMA43 wrote:Snell has a 7-foot wingspan. Which means he's getting paid.

Just please not Allen Crabbe/Luol Deng money. :pray:
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,869

Post#1278 » by Fotis St » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:34 pm

MLE is 8.4M .. So I hope we sign Tony a ..... 4y/33.6M
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks