ImageImage

2017 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Re: 2017 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#1541 » by ampd » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:54 pm

WRau1 wrote:What are some of your favorite Game Of Thrones theories?

Spoiler:
Bran being the Night King seems more and more plausible every week.

Spoiler:
A pretty crazy one: Arya actually lost the duel with the waif/other faceless girl and has been taken over.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,014

Post#1542 » by humanrefutation » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:00 pm

ampd wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
A pretty crazy one: Arya actually lost the duel with the waif/other faceless girl and has been taken over.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I've read that one, but if that's true, everything that's happened with her character since then makes absolutely zero sense. Why the hell would she impersonate Arya? Why would she GAF about the Freys, the Starks, Hot Pie, etc? Why would she also apparently have Arya's memories and values? I mean, how does this serve the story at all?
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#1543 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:26 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
emunney wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Spoiler:
How do we know that, though? At least in the show, there hasn't been any indication from what I can tell that his relationship with Melisandre is anything more than it appears - that he knew of her work because he's a man who knows things. She said something about how Varys needs to die in Westeros, but Varys's body language in response indicated to me that he was almost creeped out by her statement, not that he was of the same mind as she.

Spoiler:
What I didn't understand about that was why it was supposed to be creepy or even portentous. It would be like if somebody said you were going to die in North America. Yeah I live here. I've been here for decades. I don't intend to leave, and I'm not immortal. Checks all the boxes.

Spoiler:
Yeah, but she's a red priestess who apparently has the ability to see the future via the Lord of Light. She's not just some random person. The fact that she spoke with such definitiveness about that carries extra weight - like she can see his death - and that would make anyone creeped out.

Spoiler:
Even The Hound saw into the fire. It doesn't take a red priestess to see into the fire.

I really like the Tyrion as Targaryan and the 3rd dragon rider. That's all kinds of fun and plenty of reason for the conjecture:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-tyrion-targaryen-theory-lannister-joanna-tywin-aerys-mad-king-a7882131.html
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#1544 » by ampd » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
ampd wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, I've read that one, but if that's true, everything that's happened with her character since then makes absolutely zero sense. Why the hell would she impersonate Arya? Why would she GAF about the Freys, the Starks, Hot Pie, etc? Why would she also apparently have Arya's memories and values? I mean, how does this serve the story at all?

Spoiler:
Yeah I don't think it's true, especially after the scene where Nymeria seemed to recognize her. I've seen people try to keep it alive by saying it could be a plot from littlefinger, or that wearing a face gives the wearer the former owner's memories.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#1545 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:15 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Wet Hot American Summer: 10 Years Later, is **** hilarious. Maybe some people just don't find David Wain's comedy that funny, but I think the guy is a genius.

I saw the "10 Years Later" being advertised on NEtflix but for some reason I thought it was that "First Day of Camp" series they did 2 years ago and Netflix was just re-advertising (as they are wont to do). Looking forward to it!

Also, it just doesn't seem possible to me that anyone could NOT find those guys funny. I guess if you're somebody's aunt or something you don't.

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1546 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:04 am

GOT

Spoiler:
So, how about that random team heading out beyond the wall at the end of the episode? John Snow, Jorah Mormont, Baric Dondarrion, The Hound, Gendry. That's like the '92 Dream Team right there.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#1547 » by RRyder823 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:08 am

GoT

Spoiler:
Cool down episode setting up the final two episodes. Not bad but next week will be epic. Did like Arya calling out Sansa and putting her on watch

(Dragons every episode but still no Ghost since the premier last year)

And wtf did the note Arya found in Littlefingers room say? I paused it and couldn't read ****.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,885

Post#1548 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:48 am

The main thing GoT has sacrificed since they passed up the books is finesse in the plotting and writing. They are straight up "bull in a china shop" now barreling through story towards the end. Sometimes it does work, but a lot of it didn't for me tonight. It felt a bit like Cliffs Notes Game of Thrones.
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1549 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:34 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:The main thing GoT has sacrificed since they passed up the books is finesse in the plotting and writing. They are straight up "bull in a china shop" now barreling through story towards the end. Sometimes it does work, but a lot of it didn't for me tonight. It felt a bit like Cliffs Notes Game of Thrones.

To be fair it's got to be hard to keep a cast this big together year after year. They have to be on a timeline to get everything finished while they can. I've loved ever season so far, but I look at this like the finale in the Fourth of July fireworks show. Strap in and enjoy the ride to the end.
wapith
Junior
And1: 164

Re: RE: Re: 2017 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#1551 » by wapith » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:42 am

RRyder823 wrote:GoT

Spoiler:
Cool down episode setting up the final two episodes. Not bad but next week will be epic. Did like Arya calling out Sansa and putting her on watch

And wtf did the note Arya found in Littlefingers room say? I paused it and couldn't read ****.

Spoiler:
Looked like the message Sansa was forced to send in season 1 or 2 after Ned was killed asking Rob to pledge fealty. Don't know what the significance of that would be for Littlefinger.

And wow they found a really low key way to confirm Jon is not a bastard but rather a trueborn son of Rhaegar and Lyanna via the annulment (the realm assumed Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna, which would have been out of character for him). Im sure a lot of people who arent big GoT nerds missed that one. Not sure how this info gets disseminated, but interesting nonetheless. Makes Jon more legitimate of an heir now... maybe even more than Dany

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1552 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:42 am

GoT

Spoiler:
Did anybody else hear the part where Gilly read the maester's record that Raegar had an annulment and was remarried? Probably to a Stark? So John Snow is the legitimate King?
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#1553 » by freewhitemoon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:02 am

Ill-yasova wrote:GoT

Spoiler:
Did anybody else hear the part where Gilly read the maester's record that Raegar had an annulment and was remarried? Probably to a Stark? So John Snow is the legitimate King?

Spoiler:
Yeah it's a cool detail but dunno how much it really matters at this point since whoever has the most power will sit on the throne. Dany can just be like 'nah **** off' and have Drogon eat him
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1554 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:10 am

freewhitemoon wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:GoT

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah it's a cool detail but dunno how much it really matters at this point since whoever has the most power will sit on the throne. Dany can just be like 'nah **** off' and have Drogon eat him

Spoiler:
Not if the dragons are loyal to John too because of his father. She can give the order but there is no guarantee Drogon follows it. John can probably pull his own dragon.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#1555 » by blazza18 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 am

This was **** awesome.

Spoiler:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2017 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#1556 » by RRyder823 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:02 am

wapith wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:GoT

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Looked like the message Sansa was forced to send in season 1 or 2 after Ned was killed asking Rob to pledge fealty. Don't know what the significance of that would be for Littlefinger.

And wow they found a really low key way to confirm Jon is not a bastard but rather a trueborn son of Rhaegar and Lyanna via the annulment (the realm assumed Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna, which would have been out of character for him). Im sure a lot of people who arent big GoT nerds missed that one. Not sure how this info gets disseminated, but interesting nonetheless. Makes Jon more legitimate of an heir now... maybe even more than Dany

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

Spoiler:
I caught the Rhaegar reference too. I thought it was cool. And yeah it would actually make his claim stronger than Dany's. Don't think the show will go down that rabbit hole though as there simply isn't enough time and they're pretty clearly pushing the Jon/Dany shipping as it looked like she was going to need a towel when Jon manned up and said he was going to go north of the wall himself. I think it's weird and F'd up they'd push that direction but it is what it is at this point.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1557 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:36 pm

GoT

Spoiler:
There's no way they drop that Gilly bomb in there if they weren't going to do something with it. Besides it and the dragon taking a liking to Jon, some **** is gonna go down here. This is a really good summary of what's going on.

Not for nothing, but all the spoilers that came out before the season started have held up.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#1558 » by AussieBuck » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Spoiler:
I haven't read too much into the spoilers but yeah it seems like John Snow is being set up to be both the blood and legal king,
sucks for the Mother of Dragons. Then again Rob Barathian's? (spelling) bastard is back in the story so maybe there's a spanner in the works there somewhere. I'm guessing a whole bunch of fire will tell us who really gets the throne. Stupid **** monarchies.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,234

Post#1559 » by dbrodz7 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Spoiler:
Anyone think there might be a link to all the "you know nothing Jon Snow" from earlier in the series now that he is the true king? Seems like that might be all set up for him finding out he's the true king and that's why it was so important for Melisandre to bring him back to life.
Misery loves company
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#1560 » by Siefer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:01 pm

GoT:

Spoiler:
Cool down episode relative to the rest of what we've seen this season, but things are still moving at 100 mph. Loved a lot of the one on one interactions, from Jon and Drogon, to Jaime and Tyrion. I think they're doing a solid job with the Jon and Dany paring, but it all just feels so fast. I would have really enjoyed another episode or two of them getting to know each other.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks