Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,096

Re: 2017 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#1621 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:30 am

th87 wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
Marvin Berry wrote:I think this is where the show is sometimes difficult for "casual" viewers.

I'd be in the same boat if I didn't read articles/message boards, but yeah, my parents constantly contact me asking me to explain what's going on. There is just so much important detail in the books that has either been glossed over real quickly or they haven't touched on that make it a difficult view for some viewers.

In the end though, GOT is a TV show based on the books and like most TV shows or movies based on a book or books, producers/directors of these shows and movies have no choice but to skip over swaths of details simply because there just isn't enough time to include all of those details.

Plus, for what producers/directors feel will make for better TV or a better movie, they sometimes will change a little or even entirely plot lines which were in the book/books.

I read a lot and as a result, a number of movies based on a book will deviate quite a bit from the book it's based on to where i'll find myself thinking, hey that's not how things were in the book or big story lines in the book will be condensed into small story lines in the movie/TV show. It's inevitable.

Generally true.

But this is like when you're filling a form field in and realize you're running out of space, so you have to cram it all in at the end.

I liked the comparison I saw on reddit that said it's like a tabletop RPG that's sped up because everyone has to go home.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#1622 » by blazza18 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:00 am

So episode 6 might already be available for people who want to go down that direction.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#1623 » by HKPackFan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:27 am

blazza18 wrote:So episode 6 might already be available for people who want to go down that direction.

They just arrested a few guys in India for leaking GOTs episode 4. The leaks never end!?!?

I heard the finale is going to be 80+ minutes long. :nod:
#FreeChuckDiesel
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,525

Post#1624 » by th87 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 am

glenn wrote:
th87 wrote:
GB_Packers wrote:GoT will be remembered as one of the GOAT shows, unless they totally botch the last season. A few dips in quality here or there, mainly in season five, but overall fantastic so far.

And the complaints about how fast they are moving, well, we are down to the final eight episodes now. We don't need entire episodes where all we see of Jon is traveling from one location to the next with scenes of him staring out at the water, contemplating how hard of a task lies ahead of him. The show was never going to stay slow and character driven the longer it went on, the scope has been expanding each season. I'm expecting numerous long battle scenes within these last eight episodes. After episodes like Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards and now Spoils of War, the incoming spectacle will be incredible to see done on TV.

Going off the rails? Nah. Show has only gotten better over time.

Show has become a Bollywood movie, with Avengers-level depth. I guess some people like that.

Millions of people like those things.

Possibly billions (with a b)
blazza18
RealGM

Post#1625 » by blazza18 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 am

HKPackFan wrote:
blazza18 wrote:So episode 6 might already be available for people who want to go down that direction.

They just arrested a few guys in India for leaking GOTs episode 4. The leaks never end!?!?

I heard the finale is going to be 80+ minutes long. :nod:

Apparently HBO Spain accidentally aired it.

Next two episodes are 70 and 80 minutes long.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#1626 » by freewhitemoon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:31 am

Vamos!! :rock: :rock:
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,885

Post#1627 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:46 am

Got damn it why.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,615

Post#1628 » by Matches Malone » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Good Time was a pretty good movie.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1629 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Bless you, good sir.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#1630 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:20 pm

th87 wrote:But this is like when you're filling a form field in and realize you're running out of space, so you have to cram it all in at the end.

MissKhriddleton wrote:I liked the comparison I saw on reddit that said it's like a tabletop RPG that's sped up because everyone has to go home.

I like both of these analogies.

I have a feeling that for me the end of Season 5 and Season 6 (Hardhome through The Winds of Winter) will be remembered as peak Game of Thrones where reasonably paced storytelling was combined with awesome set pieces/action sequences.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1631 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:33 pm

GoT EPISODE 6 SPOILERS

Spoiler:
The leaks so far are still (mostly) correct. ICE DRAGON.

People upset about the point A to point B thing are gonna be hella pissed with how quickly the Magnificent 7 got from the battle and back.

Finale is gonna be wild. Jon and Dany are totally gonna do it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,014

Post#1632 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:42 pm

I normally avoid leaked episodes like the plague, because I think a significant portion of my joy in watching GOT is going through that experience with most everyone at the same time. The instant twitter and facebook and RealGM reactions are fun to engage with.

But I'm going to be at a wedding on Sunday night, and I don't like watching GOT on my phone or tablet, so I might have to jump on the leaked episode bandwagon.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#1633 » by freewhitemoon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:51 pm

(GOT spoiler alert!!)

soon...

Spoiler:
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1634 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:46 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I normally avoid leaked episodes like the plague, because I think a significant portion of my joy in watching GOT is going through that experience with most everyone at the same time. The instant twitter and facebook and RealGM reactions are fun to engage with.

But I'm going to be at a wedding on Sunday night
, and I don't like watching GOT on my phone or tablet, so I might have to jump on the leaked episode bandwagon.

Gonna be the old guy sitting in a corner while everyone has fun again?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,014

Post#1635 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I normally avoid leaked episodes like the plague, because I think a significant portion of my joy in watching GOT is going through that experience with most everyone at the same time. The instant twitter and facebook and RealGM reactions are fun to engage with.

But I'm going to be at a wedding on Sunday night
, and I don't like watching GOT on my phone or tablet, so I might have to jump on the leaked episode bandwagon.

Gonna be the old guy sitting in a corner while everyone has fun again?

:lol:

This wedding is likely to be a lot more traditional, so I think I'll be one of the youngins setting the pace on the dance floor.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#1636 » by hege53190 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:GoT EPISODE 6 SPOILERS

Spoiler:

People upset about the point A to point B thing are gonna be hella pissed with how quickly the Magnificent 7 got from the battle and back.

**** You

Jesus I feel like a recovering crack addict and you are dangling rocks right in front of me. You are one of my favorite posters but can you please stop posting spoilers for episodes that haven't aired?

I am an adult and don't mind paying for the entertainment that I watch. I like Game of Thrones so I get HBO. I like Stranger Things so I get Netflix. If I want to see a movie I willingly pay for it at a movie theater.

But telling me there is a new episode out that I cannot watch without going to a torrent site makes me feel like a crack addict. Instead of shooting up you will find me scrounging every **** torrent site and huddled in a corner watching one of my favorite shows in grainy 240p on a 11 inch screen.

So again **** You.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1637 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:02 am

hege53190 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:GoT EPISODE 6 SPOILERS

Spoiler:

**** You

Jesus I feel like a recovering crack addict and you are dangling rocks right in front of me. You are one of my favorite posters but can you please stop posting spoilers for episodes that haven't aired?

I am an adult and don't mind paying for the entertainment that I watch. I like Game of Thrones so I get HBO. I like Stranger Things so I get Netflix. If I want to see a movie I willingly pay for it at a movie theater.

But telling me there is a new episode out that I cannot watch without going to a torrent site makes me feel like a crack addict. Instead of shooting up you will find me scrounging every **** torrent site and huddled in a corner watching one of my favorite shows in grainy 240p on a 11 inch screen.

So again **** You.

I pay for HBO Now so I don't feel morally conflicted about going to a certain site and watching it online early. No torrenting required. 8-)
blazza18
RealGM

Post#1638 » by blazza18 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:11 am

On the leaked episode.

Spoiler:
Anyone else think it would've been waaaaaaaaay better had Rhaegal come back to rescue Jon instead of wasting Benjen returning and dying like that?
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#1639 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 am

GoT Ep6:

Spoiler:
I have no idea how the **** to feel about that episode.

I feel like a lot of it was actually not very good as much as that hurts to say. Things just felt really off to me.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#1640 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:09 am

And ill stop reading this thread till sunday.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks