ATL Playoff Edition - Non Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,423

ATL Playoff Edition - Non Bucks 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:44 pm

All non Bucks playoff discussion. The first round match up that I'm most interested in watching is probably Houston/OKC
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Re: ATL Playoff Edition - Non Bucks 

Post#2 » by freewhitemoon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Utah vs Clippers could be very close
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#3 » by Prez » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Spoiler:
M-C-G wrote:Hard for Adams to be more than he is when he has 16% usage, I mean he is decently efficient, concedes rebounds to his PG, and unless he regressed a lot defensively, the disappointment around him is hard to understand.

Usage has absolutely nothing to do with touches or ball dominance, it's a measure of who ends plays in terms of shot attempts, assists, turnovers, etc. Why you would want to funnel more offense towards Adams is beyond me. And yes, he's regressed defensively and that's one of the main points of disappointment for Thunder fans.
Spoiler:
I was "talking up" those guys with regards to their ability to shoot the three and open things up for other guys. I think we all agree there is value in that in this day and age.

Except that's still a terrible cast of shooters. None of Grant, Sabonis, Lauvergne makes more than 0.6 3's a game..Lauvergne isn't even on the team anymore. Talking up those guys is like talking up Michael Beasley and his blistering 42% 3PT shooting...on 0.3 makes a game. Anthony Morrow has played less than half the season and is atrocious everywhere else, much like Doug McDermott. Abrines is literally the only one at even somewhat decent volume. This is one of the saddest, most pathetic group of "shooters" you could put around a slash-heavy guard.
Spoiler:
And for a team that made as many moves as they did, simply bringing in a Rondo to run to the second unit would have taken tons of the pressure off that second unit and he was probably available for peanuts as they looked to improve their roster.

Right. But they didn't. Which is another reason why that OKC roster sucks ass.
Spoiler:
At the end of the day, "putting bad basketball players around Westbrook" is a absolute stretch. But it doesn't matter because if I am right and they get ousted from the playoffs, people will ignore that too much Westbrook was a problem and that he was all by himself and I totally disagree with that.

It's really not a stretch at all. They're not good players just because you want to believe they are. Even Thunder fans will tell you how much of a joke that supporting cast is offensively. You can twist this any way you want to but the fact that they've gotten destroyed with Westbrook off the floor all season speaks to nothing but them being a terrible team without him.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#4 » by blazza18 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:54 pm

Celtics in 5
Cavs in 4
Wizards in 7

Warriors in 4
Spurs in 4
Rockets in 6
Clippers in 6
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Tech vs Hipsters
Mormons vs Scientologists
Alamo vs Graceland
Fracking vs NASA

Tea Party vs Fire
Peaches vs Cherry Blossoms
Jones vs Grover
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#6 » by emunney » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:03 pm

On the Russ stat hound thing, I think the part of the discussion that people are leaving out is that for somebody to do, statistically, what Russ did, a ton of things have to come into alignment. One of those obviously is that you have to have a great player. Another is that he has to do the stat hound thing, and with no other great player on the team to provoke any obvious culpability. But the other thing, that nobody talks about, is that everybody around him also has to be on board. Russ doesn't average a triple double if Donovan doesn't tell them to block out and let Russ grab and go, or if they don't fully comply. It's such an outlier of an event, all these things have to happen at once -- and they DID. So while yeah, I don't love the craven aspect of this pursuit, people who are thinking this could happen without that are kidding themselves. Not with the pace of today's game.

To me, then, I'm not at all on board with the talk about him not being a team player or whatever -- that can and may play out in other ways, but the fact is that OKC this year was just pushing, as a team, to make this happen for Russ. Everybody was moving in the same direction on this. They were just calibrated a little differently than the teams purists like me most like to watch.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#7 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Going to enjoy Patty Mills' run towards Finals MVP.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,925

Post#8 » by stellation » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Going to enjoy Patty Mills' run towards Finals MVP.

When people hit up a bar and they're looking for fun what do they go for? Shots! Patty gives you that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#9 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Prez wrote:
Spoiler:
M-C-G wrote:Hard for Adams to be more than he is when he has 16% usage, I mean he is decently efficient, concedes rebounds to his PG, and unless he regressed a lot defensively, the disappointment around him is hard to understand.

Usage has absolutely nothing to do with touches or ball dominance, it's a measure of who ends plays in terms of shot attempts, assists, turnovers, etc. Why you would want to funnel more offense towards Adams is beyond me. And yes, he's regressed defensively and that's one of the main points of disappointment for Thunder fans.
Spoiler:
I was "talking up" those guys with regards to their ability to shoot the three and open things up for other guys. I think we all agree there is value in that in this day and age.

Except that's still a terrible cast of shooters. None of Grant, Sabonis, Lauvergne makes more than 0.6 3's a game..Lauvergne isn't even on the team anymore. Talking up those guys is like talking up Michael Beasley and his blistering 42% 3PT shooting...on 0.3 makes a game. Anthony Morrow has played less than half the season and is atrocious everywhere else, much like Doug McDermott. Abrines is literally the only one at even somewhat decent volume. This is one of the saddest, most pathetic group of "shooters" you could put around a slash-heavy guard.
Spoiler:
And for a team that made as many moves as they did, simply bringing in a Rondo to run to the second unit would have taken tons of the pressure off that second unit and he was probably available for peanuts as they looked to improve their roster.

Right. But they didn't. Which is another reason why that OKC roster sucks ass.
Spoiler:
At the end of the day, "putting bad basketball players around Westbrook" is a absolute stretch. But it doesn't matter because if I am right and they get ousted from the playoffs, people will ignore that too much Westbrook was a problem and that he was all by himself and I totally disagree with that.

It's really not a stretch at all. They're not good players just because you want to believe they are. Even Thunder fans will tell you how much of a joke that supporting cast is offensively. You can twist this any way you want to but the fact that they've gotten destroyed with Westbrook off the floor all season speaks to nothing but them being a terrible team without him.

This is boring the **** out of me. Let's see what happens in the playoffs and let's see how many people move to the "maybe Westbrook isn't over rated " and see how many people move to the "Westbrook is probably over rated but I will blame other things"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#10 » by FlagsFlyForever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Prez wrote:You can twist this any way you want to but the fact that they've gotten destroyed with Westbrook off the floor all season speaks to nothing but them being a terrible team without him.

It speaks to the rotations of Billy Donovan. Nobody has a more impressive highlight reel than Westbrook and I don't mean to be insulting but do you watch the Thunder games? You and I both agree that Westbrook's box score stats and on/off numbers are out of this world. But I have never been a fan of those stats. When you blindly cite such "advanced" stats, you're ignoring the context. When Westbrook isn't on the floor, the Thunder are playing with an all-scrub squad. Of course the team isn't going to be good when Westbrook isn't on the floor because it also means the Thunder's other good players aren't on the floor as well. Adams, Roberson, and Oladipo played with Westbrook for 1188 minutes this season and those three played together without Westbrook for 9 total minutes.

You can mention how all of the Thunder players regressed from last season but to me that is an argument against Westbrook as MVP (and against the flawed stats you use to base your opinion). I base a lot of my opinion on my eye test. I think Adams, Roberson, and Oladipo are good players and when I watch Westbrook, I see a great player who simply isn't at the level of (my MVP) LeBron. Westbrook missed one game this season and the Thunder won. That is a small sample size but it's something. The Cavs were 0-8 when LeBron didn't play this year.
Read on Twitter
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#11 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:30 am

Bulls will beat Celtics
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#12 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 am

Not sure how the Clippers will go through Jazz
I'm biased because I've only really watched those 2 teams against the Bucks, but the Jazz look superior, better coached, deeper, younger.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,423

Post#13 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:11 am

mlloyd10 wrote:Bulls will beat Celtics

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Celtics are the weakest #1 in a long time
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#14 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Not sure how the Clippers will go through Jazz
I'm biased because I've only really watched those 2 teams against the Bucks, but the Jazz look superior, better coached, deeper, younger.

Clippers have owned Utah much like Toronto have owned us.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#15 » by humanrefutation » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:54 am

With all due respect to the Charlie Murphy's Buc Nasty and Dave Chappelle's Silky Johnson, Russell Westbrook is the greatest hater of all time.

Read on Twitter
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#16 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:47 am

MickeyDavis wrote:

I don't see that happening. Celtics don't have any superstars but they are legit and I could easily see them coming out of the East.

Read on Twitter
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#17 » by H2tObes » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:12 am

MickeyDavis wrote:

I'm actually shocked how many people are overrating the Bulls, they will maybe win 1 game.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#18 » by freewhitemoon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:41 am

Are the awards really announced after the finals this year?
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#19 » by ColeWorld23 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:57 am

Jimmy is going to go off. I can definitely see the Bulls winning this series, I've been telling people in real life it's going to happen.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#20 » by ColeWorld23 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:59 am

freewhitemoon wrote:Are the awards really announced after the finals this year?

The NBA is really trying to milk everything haha, I think Drake is hosting something in late June.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks