ImageImage

Hammond to ORL: Confirmed by ownership

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Re: Hammond to ORL: Confirmed by ownership 

Post#641 » by buckboy » Wed May 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:Gery on the Fan, says he was told ownership will let Zanik make moves and has the potential to fire Kidd

Hope to God this is true. I'll believe it when I see it.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#642 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2017 1:42 pm

If they're serious about Zanik, make him the POBO. Ainge in Boston, Ujiri in Toronto come to mind. I want someone in the FO with God-Power.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#643 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed May 24, 2017 1:44 pm

xTitan wrote:So take this for what it is worth, Woelfel just said that Zanik has negotiated that he has full control, can fire who he wants, including Kidd.....now Woelfel also said Kidd would remain the coach to start, but be on a very short leash.

So you're telling me in a matter of hours Zanik has negotiated something that was deemed impossible when ole Hambone was here?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#644 » by LUKE23 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Gooden was the only bad contract he handed out? That's hilarious.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#645 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2017 1:46 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:If they're serious about Zanik, make him the POBO. Ainge in Boston, Ujiri in Toronto come to mind. I want someone in the FO with God-Power.

Hell, this would be my #1 stipulation to taking the Milwaukee job, given the Who's Running What s*it-show it's been for literally decades.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#646 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I wonder if people realize how stupid it looks to non-Bucks fans when the discussion of Hammond's good vs bad moves come up. Firing him for a MLE or late round pick vs drafting Giannis or trading for Middleton or getting the ROY in the 2nd round.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#647 » by crkone » Wed May 24, 2017 1:50 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:If they're serious about Zanik, make him the POBO. Ainge in Boston, Ujiri in Toronto come to mind. I want someone in the FO with God-Power.

Hell, this would be my #1 stipulation to taking the Milwaukee job, given the Who's Running What s*it-show it's been for literally decades.

LED: Here take this millions of dollars.

GM candidate: No sirs I will not. I have dignity.

LED: LOL K.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#648 » by xTitan » Wed May 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
xTitan wrote:So take this for what it is worth, Woelfel just said that Zanik has negotiated that he has full control, can fire who he wants, including Kidd.....now Woelfel also said Kidd would remain the coach to start, but be on a very short leash.

So you're telling me in a matter of hours Zanik has negotiated something that was deemed impossible when ole Hambone was here?

Woelfel tweeted yesterday that Zanik's initial deal as assistant GM, put him on par pay wise as a GM, not an assistant.....that would lead you to believe 2 things.....they wanted Zanik badly and he is one hell of a negotiator......but consider the source as well.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#649 » by LUKE23 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:51 pm

I will never debate his drafting skills. Just think overall he's been very poor in FA, trades, and overall asset maximization. Given where we are now (picking late teens or later every year barring a Giannis injury) FA, cap smarts, asset management all become more important. Hammond wasn't good at any of that.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#650 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2017 1:52 pm

crkone wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

You're acting like Zanik doesn't have options. It's not like he needs the Milwaukee job.
crkone
RealGM

Post#651 » by crkone » Wed May 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Uhhh you do know that LED personally picked Zanik, and Hammond still made it years without getting fired, and was hired away from this **** show.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,661

Post#652 » by Ron Swanson » Wed May 24, 2017 1:53 pm

Zanik firing Kidd is actually pretty plausible. It's Resolving Personal Conflicts in Business 101. Lasry empowers someone else with the freedom to fire his buddy Kidd, it happens, and ownership can say it was just "letting the appointed basketball people make basketball decisions".

crkone
RealGM

Post#653 » by crkone » Wed May 24, 2017 1:56 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
crkone wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

You're acting like Zanik doesn't have options. It's not like he needs the Milwaukee job.

OK wait years to get one of the 30 openings while wasting years of earning potential because you passed open a job on weak principles. Sounds like a great life plan.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#654 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:56 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I wonder if people realize how stupid it looks to non-Bucks fans when the discussion of Hammond's good vs bad moves come up. Firing him for a MLE or late round pick vs drafting Giannis or trading for Middleton or getting the ROY in the 2nd round.

That's a good way to put it. Doubtful it works though.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#655 » by SupremeHustle » Wed May 24, 2017 2:01 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:He could have said believing me and it still could have applied.

I lol'd.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#656 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2017 2:03 pm

crkone wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
crkone wrote:

OK wait years to get one of the 30 openings while wasting years of earning potential because you passed open a job on weak principles. Sounds like a great life plan.

I mean, if you'd take a job to be known as a toothless figurehead I guess that's your thing.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#657 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2017 2:04 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I wonder if people realize how stupid it looks to non-Bucks fans when the discussion of Hammond's good vs bad moves come up. Firing him for a MLE or late round pick vs drafting Giannis or trading for Middleton or getting the ROY in the 2nd round.

That's a good way to put it. Doubtful it works though.

Yea, it won't. But the stark difference in perception of Hammond around the league vs the VooDoos of this board is remarkable. One faction sees the big picture and successes despite the limitations of market and circumstance, the other wants him fired for trading away a late 1st round pick or signing a MLE free agent.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#658 » by Nowak008 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:05 pm

How about when Hammond went all in on a win now team and we were the worst team in the league? Worse than 6ers team that was trying to lose every single game...and we beat them by 4 games. That was pretty epic badness by Hambone.

That to me is more significant than swinging for the fences with the Giannis pick, when you have built a complete crap of a roster and collection of assets in your 5th year with the team.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#659 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Nowak008 wrote:

How about when Hammond went all in on a win now team and we were the worst team in the league? Worse than 6ers team that was trying to lose every single game...and we beat them by 4 games. That was pretty epic badness by Hambone.

That to me is more significant than swinging for the fences with the Giannis pick, when you have built a complete crap of a roster and collection of assets in your 5th year with the team.

I've never really bought into this idea of the Bucks going all-in. They were a 38 win team, moved some contributing vets for young guys and signed *drum roll* OJ Mayo and Zaza Pachulia. What killed the Bucks that season was Sanders being injured and losing his mind. Take away by far the Bucks best player and they weren't gonna be good. I don't blame Hammond for that.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#660 » by LUKE23 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:10 pm

Let's not forget an unprotected 2018 Lakers 1st which could have easily completed our roster.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks