Jon Horst named GM -Horst Interview pg 86

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Re: Jon Horst named GM - something happened to Babcock pg 81 

Post#1661 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1662 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I find the assertion that Edens/Thorn are running the show hard to believe considering Jason Kidd's position seems even more solidified than it was 5 months ago. Edens isn't a Kidd guy, wasn't a Zanik guy, but is a Thorn guy, who's a Horst guy, who was a Hammond guy, who wasn't an original ownership guy....

Yeah man, who knows. It sucks we're still talking about this kinda ****. You could easily flip that around though and say Thorn wasn't a Zanik guy and convinced Edens to oust McKinney, demote Babcock & hire Horst. Until this looks like a competently run organization it's important to keep pointing out how weird things appear. Bucks apologists can proclaim that it's common to have a multitude of voices, there's nothing common about being as bad as the Bucks have been.

What I saw in Vegas was Edens and Thorn attached at the hip at center court separated by kids/friends of the owners, Lasry & Dinan togetherand then Horst/Babcock/rest of staff at the far end of the court. Non existent interaction between Lasry & Edens/Dinan.

We know for sure that Edens is the most powerful owner (for the next few years) and Thorn definitely has Edens's ear.
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#1663 » by MadBlueEdwards » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:41 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:Rodney King "Rod" Thorn is an American basketball executive and a former player and coach

If I were him, I'd make people call me 'King Rodney'.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Re: Jon Horst named GM 

Post#1664 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:43 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Fotis St wrote:I guess someone wants to clear the leaks ... Different inside information to different leaks suspects ... Whatever is leaked, you are able to identify the leak and fire him. Eh... that is smart, we are not used to this.

Makes some sense

Could be. It's smart if your priority is loyalty. If your priority is good basketball decisions, not so smart. The people leaking everything could very well be the competent ones who are sick of all the meddling, cronyism, and incompetence, which makes this theory real disturbing.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: Jon Horst named GM 

Post#1665 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Fotis St wrote:I guess someone wants to clear the leaks ... Different inside information to different leaks suspects ... Whatever is leaked, you are able to identify the leak and fire him. Eh... that is smart, we are not used to this.

Makes some sense

Could be. It's smart if your priority is loyalty. If your priority is good basketball decisions, not so smart. The people leaking everything could very well be the competent ones who are sick of all the meddling, cronyism, and incompetence, which makes this theory real disturbing.

Agreed, but it this isn't the first time we have heard conflicting reports like this. And Babcock and McKinney were definitely in the loop enough to know really good inside info, while simultaneously being disenfranchised by the new regime.

Something is certainly rotten in the front office right now and wouldn't surprise me if they were really pissed that it got exposed.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#1666 » by DanoMac » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Hilarious that people on this board shooed away any negative assumptions (i.e. Kidd running things) about this front office because "Zanik was Kidd and Lasry's guy and Edens governed them and got his guy instead"

Edens got Rod **** Thorn. Also a Kidd guy. Arguably the worst Kidd guy out there. Happy?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#1667 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:45 pm

DanoMac wrote:Edens got Rod **** Thorn. Also a Kidd guy. Arguably the worst Kidd guy out there. Happy?

"Alex Lasry liked this post."
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1668 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:24 pm

I for one have never shooed away from a single negative assumption about this front office.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#1669 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:33 am

Kidd and Thorn have it made. As coach and consultant they can take in a last minute workout with DJ Wilson, decide he's the pick, and bear no external culpability for the result.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
DanoMac
General Manager

Post#1670 » by DanoMac » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:35 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I for one have never shooed away from a single negative assumption about this front office.

Not you. Another poster last week called me out for my negative reaction to Rusillo's statement that Kidd ran the show with a firm "Edens blocked Lasry and Kidd from getting their guy, and Edens got his guy, so the Kidd assumption is stupid and you're overreacting to nothing" narrative.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,044

Post#1671 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:16 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:Kidd and Thorn have it made. As coach and consultant they can take in a last minute workout with DJ Wilson, decide he's the pick, and bear no external culpability for the result.

This was always the brilliance of Herb Kohl. He could meddle to his heart's content. And he always hired guys who weren't competent enough to stand up to him. And the power of his hires would change from month to month. Some months Skiles had his ear, some months Hammond. Some months the crony crew of Walter, Burr and Steinmiller.

And after a few years of bad results, he'd fire someone and start anew while avoiding any culpability.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#1672 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:40 am

M-C-G wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I find the assertion that Edens/Thorn are running the show hard to believe considering Jason Kidd's position seems even more solidified than it was 5 months ago. Edens isn't a Kidd guy, wasn't a Zanik guy, but is a Thorn guy, who's a Horst guy, who was a Hammond guy, who wasn't an original ownership guy....

No doubt it doesn't add up...maybe as part of Lasry and Dinan giving in to Edens on not hiring Zanik, the trade off was Edens spending more time with Thorn?

The entire thing makes no sense, unless there was just a bunch of people making whatever deal they could to grab the power that they could, Game of Thrones style.

Not nearly enough T&A or violence to make this mess as fun as GOT power grabs.
#FreeChuckDiesel
_LilWeezyFBaby
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Jon Horst named GM - Babcock "demoted" - Page 81 

Post#1673 » by _LilWeezyFBaby » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:55 am

M-C-G wrote:
Cooleyo47 wrote:Jim Paxson?! Basketball ops are officially worse than when under Kohl.

?

Seems unlikely if coming from Gery
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#1674 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 am

Zanik and Morway to Utah. :lol:
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#1675 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:11 am

That is pretty funny.
Go Bucks!
DanoMac
General Manager

Post#1676 » by DanoMac » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:32 am

Unreal
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1677 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:37 am

Utah has long been regarded as one of the top organizations in the leauge, especially under Lindsey. Very telling.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1678 » by bizarro » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:54 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Zanik and Morway to Utah. :lol:

Just saw this. So f'ng perfect.

Edit: also, apparently Moreay has been there for at least a year.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1679 » by emunney » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:29 am

I don't think I could live in Utah. Just throwing it out there in case Utah is looking for more AGMs with Bucks links.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#1680 » by stitches » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:34 am

All your GMs are belong to us!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks