Khris Middleton Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Re: Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#1841 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu May 9, 2019 4:18 pm

th87 wrote:Well damn.

I guess he does seem to have an extra playoff gear. I'd pay for that and accept a lower gear in season.
How do we feel about this assertion now, I wonder? Have we cooled off after Game 2, or do we still think Middleton has the ability to level up when it matters?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#1842 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu May 9, 2019 6:44 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:
th87 wrote:Well damn.

I guess he does seem to have an extra playoff gear. I'd pay for that and accept a lower gear in season.
How do we feel about this assertion now, I wonder? Have we cooled off after Game 2, or do we still think Middleton has the ability to level up when it matters?

nobody gives a **** about this right now
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#1843 » by Ron Swanson » Thu May 9, 2019 6:51 pm

Wow, he only had 19/8/5 on 53% TS coming in a blowout win. What a loser.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#1844 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu May 9, 2019 7:08 pm

Analysis coming off a big high or low tends to be flawed. The implication around here was that people thought that the 28 point Game 2 explosion was representative. That's why I asked.

Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1845 » by Ron Swanson » Thu May 9, 2019 7:25 pm

He certainly seems to have that extra gear thus far. Why on earth you decided to bump this, I have no idea. He's had one single bad efficiency game that's brought his playoff average down to 59% TS...

:dontknow:
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#1846 » by hege53190 » Thu May 9, 2019 7:31 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:Analysis coming off a big high or low tends to be flawed. The implication around here was that people thought that the 28 point Game 2 explosion was representative. That's why I asked.

Really because I thought when the Bucks team came out flat again and Khris came out shooting lasers to keep us in it until Giannis figures it out people just seemed appreciative.

Khris is a big part of this team this year and going forward. You can either appreciate what he brings to the table or stew about it while the Bucks are playing the best basketball in the league.

I get what you are trying to say. Everyone is playing well except Khris. Everyone is helping this team to win a championship except Khris. If we just could get rid of him we would have a perfect playoff record and beaten teams by 40 each game. It has been the mantra of a lot of posters on the board for the majority of the season. Could you give it a rest while we are straight up curb stomping playoff teams.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1847 » by Ruzious » Thu May 9, 2019 7:34 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:I like Mids. I mean, I don’t $30 mil a year like him but I’ve kind of resigned myself to the reality that it’s inevitable. In a perfect world he’d get about $20-22 mil per and everybody would be happy, but when he gets that $30 mil he’ll be painting a huge target on himself with the fan base. If you thought Max Redd took a lot of **** you haven’t seen anything yet.

I'm not resigned to him getting that kind of money. Tim Duncan used to take way below what he was worth to help the Spurs keep their roster in tact; I don't see why Middleton wouldn't do the same. He'll still be making more than Giannis, and I'm sure he understands how lucky he is to be playing with him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1848 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu May 9, 2019 7:36 pm

I would take Middleton over Joe Ingles right now... :wink:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,957

Post#1849 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 9, 2019 7:43 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:I like Mids. I mean, I don’t $30 mil a year like him but I’ve kind of resigned myself to the reality that it’s inevitable. In a perfect world he’d get about $20-22 mil per and everybody would be happy, but when he gets that $30 mil he’ll be painting a huge target on himself with the fan base. If you thought Max Redd took a lot of **** you haven’t seen anything yet.

I'm not resigned to him getting that kind of money. Tim Duncan used to take way below what he was worth to help the Spurs keep their roster in tact; I don't see why Middleton wouldn't do the same. He'll still be making more than Giannis, and I'm sure he understands how lucky he is to be playing with him.

I'll believe it when I see it. I think it was Edens who came out and said Khris likes Milwaukee but he's not gonna be giving a hometown discount.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,712

Post#1850 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu May 9, 2019 7:45 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it. I think it was Edens who came out and said Khris likes Milwaukee but he's not gonna be giving a hometown discount.

And no one should begrudge him for doing that.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,267

Post#1851 » by KidA24 » Thu May 9, 2019 7:48 pm

Ruzious wrote:

No. Just no. Duncan was the 4th highest paid player of all time when he retired. He wasn't some gift of taking way below market value.

Maybe he took less starting in his age 36 season, but he never did before that.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,957

Post#1852 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 9, 2019 7:58 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I'm not resigned to him getting that kind of money. Tim Duncan used to take way below what he was worth to help the Spurs keep their roster in tact; I don't see why Middleton wouldn't do the same. He'll still be making more than Giannis, and I'm sure he understands how lucky he is to be playing with him.

And no one should begrudge him for doing that.

Nope, of course not. Let him get his.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,728

Post#1853 » by Licensed to Il » Thu May 9, 2019 8:06 pm

Just like the wise, over tanned, sage of roasted chicken sang “you never count your money, while sittin at the table, there be time enough to count it, when the dealings done” I think we should leave all our Kris Middleton squabbling till July and just enjoy this once in a lifetime run our boys are on.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#1854 » by hege53190 » Thu May 9, 2019 8:16 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:Just like the wise, over tanned, sage of roasted chicken sang “you never count your money, while sittin at the table, there be time enough to count it, when the dealings done” I think we should leave all our Kris Middleton squabbling till July and just enjoy this once in a lifetime run our boys are on.

Yeah this is just not going to happen. It is the default fallback to any Khris criticism all season. You explain how he is helping the team and it defaults to, “yeah, well he isn’t worth his next contract.”

And somehow the people that hate him the most think he will be payed the most.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#1855 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu May 9, 2019 8:17 pm

Why so serious?

When would be the right time to ask? On the one hand, his averages are what they are, right? On the other hand, he's basically had one great game, one terrible game, and 3 middling to bad games. On the other other hand, he's been playing solid D the entire playoffs.

So I would guess that the longer we play in the postseason the more his shooting averages will normalize. But that's just a guess, I mean...Danny Green was almost Finals MVP. Nobody knows anything.

It'll also be interesting to see if the reintegration of Brogdon helps or hurts his play relative to the team. I think Khris has looked a lot more comfortable being the clear #2 minus Malcolm and with Eric's continued offensive struggles

Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#1856 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu May 9, 2019 8:20 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:Just like the wise, over tanned, sage of roasted chicken sang “you never count your money, while sittin at the table, there be time enough to count it, when the dealings done” I think we should leave all our Kris Middleton squabbling till July and just enjoy this once in a lifetime run our boys are on.

The Khris Middleton squabbling is the point of the thread. Everyone is happy that the Bucks are winning. That doesn't mean that we can't have discourse on the board. That is the point of the board also.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#1857 » by DingleJerry » Thu May 9, 2019 8:23 pm

What he does game to game in the playoffs is irrelevant. I hope no exec is dumb enough to base on samples like this. We have a 5 year sample of Khris and know exactly what his game is. He's not magically going to turn into a new player, this whole playoffs change everything narrative is way overblown. And the deciders know everything they could possibly know about him behind the scenes to make as good of a decision as possible.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1858 » by crkone » Thu May 9, 2019 8:24 pm

I need the full picture to get a good idea and even then I'll be conflicted. I'm waiting until we get all the datas.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#1859 » by hege53190 » Thu May 9, 2019 8:27 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:

The Khris Middleton squabbling is the point of the thread. Everyone is happy that the Bucks are winning. That doesn't mean that we can't have discourse on the board. That is the point of the board also.

Really because any other player thread on these boards is just to proclaim how awesome somebody is, show articles, and discuss injury information unless that player knowingly lied about his age in a successful attempt to be drafted 50 spots higher than he should have.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1860 » by Ron Swanson » Thu May 9, 2019 8:39 pm

How a player performs in the playoffs against better defenses absolutely matters. That's not the same thing as basing your entire opinion of said player off the playoffs.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks