Khris Middleton Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,795

Re: Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#1941 » by BJ Sandered » Fri May 24, 2019 6:41 am

He's not worth the max.
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1942 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 am

Joe Ingles type performance. Nothing to sneer at. Ingles might’ve hit a few more. Both very solid players, good teammates.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#1943 » by soxperry » Fri May 24, 2019 9:27 am

Khris has a great shot and he's one of the few players on our team who can iso efficiently..

That said, he does not have elite athleticism. In fact, he's probably below average there. That really hurts against great defenders. He just can't get separation. Not even the little bit that he needs. He also can't really dribble. Maybe that shouldn't be as much of a problem but he tends to handle the ball a lot with Giannis off the court and in late game situations.

I love him as a shooter, but there is absolutely no way he is worth a max contract. If his body looks like this now, I want nothing to do with it in 3 or 4 seasons.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#1944 » by Coach Carter » Fri May 24, 2019 1:50 pm

With giannis obviously still being very raw with his half court offense and kawhi paying him so well, as our best contact shooter, we needed khris to step up. He didn't. 18% game 3, 22% game 5 is appalling to say the least. Honestly i'd be embarrassed to accept 20m, let alone 25m. If we don't want to lose him for free, sign and look to trade him but only if the contract is tradable. Anything more than 25m, and we're screwed.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1945 » by jute2003 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:57 pm

He was so effective defensively in the first 2 games of this series. I was not impressed yesterday though. :-/
only a fan, only an opinion
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#1946 » by Zeezprah » Fri May 24, 2019 1:59 pm

This is similar to the Jabari Parker situation for me.

Sucks to let a talent go for nothing, but I don’t see how he’s worth even close to what he’s going to command. His reputation has surpassed him game.

It’s sad, because I loved pre injury Middleton

I guess I offer him like 3/45, but that’s about it
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1947 » by DavidDunn21 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:56 am

Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#1948 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:59 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Joe Ingles type performance. Nothing to sneer at. Ingles might’ve hit a few more. Both very solid players, good teammates.

This is the one time I’m hoping Mark “wild card” Lasry uses his new Governor powers and steps in. I.e. to veto a huge Middleton contact.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1949 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun May 26, 2019 5:12 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Joe Ingles type performance. Nothing to sneer at. Ingles might’ve hit a few more. Both very solid players, good teammates.

This is the one time I’m hoping Mark “wild card” Lasry uses his new Governor powers and steps in. I.e. to veto a huge Middleton contact.

I hear you but I have no reason to ever trust any Bucks palace intrigue. Past the point of caring. Just figure it out as a group, you know?
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,626

Post#1950 » by Rainwater » Sun May 26, 2019 5:20 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

The thing is you need him, what if another team offers him a huge contract?
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#1951 » by xTitan » Sun May 26, 2019 5:21 am

Middleton’s game is maddening, but right now is as good as it will ever get, terrible athlete,terrible finisher at the rim, loose with the balll....but an excellent shooter, when not up against a superior athlete who can defend.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#1952 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:25 am

Rainwater wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

I let him walk. You can only spend so much on regular season guys and the team already invested in Bledsoe. They’ll need that salary flexibility to make other moves over the coming two years. A 4/$140 for a guy who averaged 13ppg in this series, and only got the line 2 time per game is going to be a problem.

Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#1953 » by Kurtz » Sun May 26, 2019 5:26 am

I think you guys might be underrating how much energy he had to expand guarding Kawhi. Most guys wouldn't have much left on the offensive end after that.
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#1954 » by rrayy » Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 am

Kurtz wrote:I think you guys might be underrating how much energy he had to expand guarding Kawhi. Most guys wouldn't have much left on the offensive end after that.
Doesn't change the fact he is not worth the max and that they should probably let him walk.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,626

Post#1955 » by Rainwater » Sun May 26, 2019 5:32 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

I let him walk. You can only spend so much on regular season guys and the team already invested in Bledsoe. They’ll need that salary flexibility to make other moves over the coming two years. A 4/$140 for a guy who averaged 13ppg in this series, and only got the line 2 time per game is going to be a problem.

I completely agree
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1956 » by TD75 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:40 am

Kurtz wrote:I think you guys might be underrating how much energy he had to expand guarding Kawhi. Most guys wouldn't have much left on the offensive end after that.

I expanded more energy watching Kawhi than Middleton guarding him.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#1957 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:41 am

TD75 wrote:

I expanded more energy watching Kawhi than Middleton guarding him.

Ersan needs some love. He was extremely effective on Kawhi and as part of the scheme to stop him tonight.

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#1958 » by Fotis St » Sun May 26, 2019 5:44 am

Ι hated him in 2013 for freezing Giannis multiple times, didn't pass to wide open Giannis under the basket waving his huge hands... then I started to like him... then realised he is a good fit with Giannis cause of his shooting abilities... then realised he didn't have his own thread in Bucks realgm, so I created the "Khris the player who holds the core (Giannis,Jabari) together", ... then he got paid max and got lazy (Monroe,Khris,Henson the triangle of laziness) and started to hate him again, then he becomes negative a whole season and shows up with the Boston series, and I say "maybe he figures it out" then has an ok season and doesn't show up at playoffs as much as we expected...

Conclusion: He hasn't fixed any of his flaws, D, handless, chemistry, work ethic, stamina, consistency... so I would thank him and let him walk.

I rather keep Brook and Brogdon here.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#1959 » by blazza18 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:02 am

xTitan wrote:Middleton’s game is maddening, but right now is as good as it will ever get, terrible athlete,terrible finisher at the rim, loose with the balll....but an excellent shooter, when not up against a superior athlete who can defend.

Kyle Lowry was on him a bunch after they put Kawhi on Giannis. And it did not matter.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#1960 » by Jez2983 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:02 am

Fotis St wrote:Ι hated him in 2013 for freezing Giannis multiple times, didn't pass to wide open Giannis under the basket waving his huge hands... then I started to like him... then realised he is a good fit with Giannis cause of his shooting abilities... then realised he didn't have his own thread in Bucks realgm, so I created the "Khris the player who holds the core (Giannis,Jabari) together", ... then he got paid max and got lazy (Monroe,Khris,Henson the triangle of laziness) and started to hate him again, then he becomes negative a whole season and shows up with the Boston series, and I say "maybe he figures it out" then has an ok season and doesn't show up at playoffs as much as we expected...

Conclusion: He hasn't fixed any of his flaws, D, handless, chemistry, work ethic, stamina, consistency... so I would thank him and let him walk.

I rather keep Brook and Brogdon here.

He never got the max.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks