RealGM
And1: 7,926

Re: #17 - Bucks take D.J. Wilson 

Post#1161 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:39 pm

sdn40 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
sdn40 wrote:
My grandma is closer to being a 4-5 than he is

you have a 6'11" grandma with a 7'3" wingspan?

I don't know what height has to do with anything. If you spend 98% of your time 35 feet from the basket you are not a 4-5.

he is being used exactly how all shooting bigs are used. pick and pop. of course hes away from the basket. were trying to draw the other teams big out from the hoop. you'd rather we slowed it down and posted him up like Monroe?

but answer the question. I want to know if your grandma is really more of a big than dj Wilson. how big is she? height? weight? wingspan? she must have mad vert for her age? I admit you have my attention with your claim.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#1162 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:46 pm

I don't see any positives to playing him at center or small forward currently.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,085

Post#1163 » by DingleJerry » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Right it comes down to what he does on D/Rebounding as to whether he can fill that 4/5 role. Essentially we've been clamoring for and in love with floor stretching bigs who fit with Giannis. Now we have one with that base skillset to build off and we're complaining that he floats out there too much. The key is on D/rebounding. On offense we want guys out on the wing that can shoot. Just hope he doesn't fancy himself a drive or shoot of the dribble type. Catch/shoot/slash/dunk.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1164 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:03 pm

I have faith in Giannis shaming him into not being soft.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#1165 » by raferfenix » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:06 pm

I'm still too scarred by Yi and Villanueva to get my hopes up about Wilson.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1166 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:15 pm

raferfenix wrote:I'm still too scarred by Yi and Villanueva to get my hopes up about Wilson.

CV with the mind of someone with a good mind could be a valuable rotation player.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1167 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:38 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't see any positives to playing him at center or small forward currently.

its a month into the season and we got a game stuck playing him or hawes at 5 who are you picking?
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#1168 » by xTitan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:43 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't see any positives to playing him at center or small forward currently.

its a month into the season and we got a game stuck playing him or hawes at 5 who are you picking?

Hawes and it ain't even close.....I would play Sterling Brown over DJ Henson 10 out of 10 times.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1169 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 pm

xTitan wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Hawes and it ain't even close.....I would play Sterling Brown over DJ Henson 10 out of 10 times.

Wait but how do you really feel about Wilson though?
xTitan
RealGM

Post#1170 » by xTitan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
xTitan wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

He is the anti-Wanamaker
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1171 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:54 pm

I see Wilson as hawes crossed with Giannis messed up on horse tranquilizers.

you guys may laugh but that guy still has a chance in this league.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1172 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:55 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Am I trying to win or don't I care about a meaningless midseason game on a 45 win team?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1173 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Am I trying to win or don't I care about a meaningless midseason game on a 45 win team?

youre trying to win, its the timberwolves, both our other centers are in foul trouble and were trying to get 5 minutes out of one of them against KAT.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1174 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:02 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

youre trying to win, its the timberwolves, both are other centers are in foul trouble and were trying to get 5 minutes out of one of them against KAT.

Hawes. KAT and Gibson would eat Wilson alive in the post and on the boards.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1175 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:05 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Am I trying to win or don't I care about a meaningless midseason game on a 45 win team?

youre trying to win, its the timberwolves, both are other centers are in foul trouble and were trying to get 5 minutes out of one of them against KAT.

hed eat hawes alive just as bad. we'd be sending doubles and trying to rotate like hell on everybody else. I trust Wilson in that role right away over hawes. thon cant play the post either as a stretch but he still gives us something with the rotations.

that's my gut so far. if he cant be spencer hawes at the 5 hes a bust....hell if he cant be thon last year right away I'm calling him a bust.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#1176 » by xTitan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:11 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

hed eat hawes alive just as bad. we'd be sending doubles and trying to rotate like hell on everybody else. I trust Wilson in that role right away over hawes. thon cant play the post either as a stretch but he still gives us something with the rotations.

that's my gut so far. if he cant be spencer hawes at the 5 hes a bust....hell if he cant be thon last year right away I'm calling him a bust.

I recommend antacid for that gut problem
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1177 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:11 am

xTitan wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
xTitan wrote:Hawes and it ain't even close.....I would play Sterling Brown over DJ Henson 10 out of 10 times.

He is the anti-Wanamaker

Haha. Word.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1178 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:16 am

xTitan wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Hawes. KAT and Gibson would eat Wilson alive in the post and on the boards.

so now you think youre a **** doctor too?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1179 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:17 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:hed eat hawes alive just as bad. we'd be sending doubles and trying to rotate like hell on everybody else. I trust Wilson in that role right away over hawes. thon cant play the post either as a stretch but he still gives us something with the rotations.

that's my gut so far. if he cant be spencer hawes at the 5 hes a bust.

I think Hawes is a much better rebounder and can hold his own in the post. I think Wilson gets eaten alive by someone like KAT. Hawes just sucks. I don't think he'll be fighting for minutes with Hawes IMO. That's like Telly fighting for minutes with Hawes to me, they just simply play different positions. Wilson will be matching up with Bjelica in this game. I 100% believe that's his role in the league if he pans out. He'll be a kinda a spark plug offensive player who can take advantage of the slower footed, softer stretch fours in the league. You slot him at center or small forward to play big or small and teams can just simply throw a wing on him and negate any value he has, since he plays extremely small and soft for a guy his size.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#1180 » by xTitan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
xTitan wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

so now you think youre a **** doctor too?

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Return to Milwaukee Bucks