ImageImage

#17 - Bucks take D.J. Wilson

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,592

Re: #17 - Bucks take D.J. Wilson 

Post#1501 » by JayMKE » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am

london234 wrote:I've listened to a few interviews of DJ. Recent and from the time he was drafted. I get the impression he may be a fairly intelligent person.

apparently had an offer from Harvard before committing to Michigan
FREE GIANNIS
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,416

Post#1502 » by MiltownHawkeye » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:23 am

fansinceforever wrote:
Ayt wrote:
SKG wrote:We will look back at this in a few months laughing just as we did with thon after he guarded lowry in a game.

Its always good to support your player as lobg ad they are on the team buy dj is not a nba playet

You're blind.

This is a fair take. We've seen DJ put it together for a few games. Thon has done it in more games and in bigger moments yet most of us have written him off.

Thon has never looked useful for four games in a row
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,484

Post#1503 » by neiLz » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:20 am

Bucknado wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:Is the new DJ Wilson comp femmy Horry?

Im sticking with harry Charlie V.

Charlie v is a good comp.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 683

#17 - Bucks take D.J. Wilson 

Post#1504 » by ColeWorld23 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:21 am

london234 wrote:I've listened to a few interviews of DJ. Recent and from the time he was drafted. I get the impression he may be a fairly intelligent person.

He had a 3.8 grade-point average and had offers to the academic schools like Harvard and Cal, but Michigan spotted him and took a chance.

“When I took my visit here, when I saw the type of offense they play, when I saw the type of player development they produced over the years, I felt it was the best fit for me,” Wilson said.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/jeff-seidel/2017/03/23/michigan-basketball-dj-wilson/99511134/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,835

Post#1505 » by fansinceforever » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:25 am

I'm comfortable continuing to wait on DJ. He's looked like a rotation player for 3-4 games.
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#1506 » by jmart762 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:58 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:
Bucknado wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:Is the new DJ Wilson comp femmy Horry?

Im sticking with harry Charlie V.

Charlie v is a good comp.
What? No.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,844

Post#1507 » by tydett » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:00 pm

DJ has looked like a Draymond-lite the past few games. If he can be 80% of the player that Draymond is over his rookie contract, he'll be a really good bench guy.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1508 » by bizarro » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:13 pm

tydett wrote:DJ has looked like a Draymond-lite the past few games. If he can be 80% of the player that Draymond is over his rookie contract, he'll be a really good bench guy.

His defense and activity are quite the surprise right now. He is IN the game. Simply playing and reacting in real time. His shot is already better than Draymond's. Everything else is definitely a 'Lite' version. But, man, to even suggest that comp at this stage is literally unbelievable.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,115

Post#1509 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:27 pm

bizarro wrote:
tydett wrote:DJ has looked like a Draymond-lite the past few games. If he can be 80% of the player that Draymond is over his rookie contract, he'll be a really good bench guy.

His defense and activity are quite the surprise right now. He is IN the game. Simply playing and reacting in real time. His shot is already better than Draymond's. Everything else is definitely a 'Lite' version. But, man, to even suggest that comp at this stage is literally unbelievable.

Definitely unbelievable. Like, why the hell are people saying that, holy **** we've gone full Raptors board on DJ Wilson after 5 okay games unbelievable.

- Not really a C
- Shoots from outside
- Doesn't score much
- Active on defense sometimes

OMG, we have Draymond Green lite!

The defensive clips are great highlight reel stuff - but I'd be curious to see if his activity is actually effective on a consistent basis or if he's just running around with his head cut off overhelping. See Whiteside game sealing dunk.

Granted, to go from thinking he's worst player in the league to thinking he might be in the top 200 is exciting (somewhat) stuff.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,844

Post#1510 » by tydett » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Spoiler:
MissKhriddleton wrote:
bizarro wrote:

Definitely unbelievable. Like, why the hell are people saying that, holy **** we've gone full Raptors board on DJ Wilson after 5 okay games unbelievable.

- Not really a C
- Shoots from outside
- Doesn't score much
- Active on defense sometimes

OMG, we have Draymond Green lite!

The defensive clips are great highlight reel stuff - but I'd be curious to see if his activity is actually effective on a consistent basis or if he's just running around with his head cut off overhelping. See Whiteside game sealing dunk.

Granted, to go from thinking he's worst player in the league to thinking he might be in the top 200 is exciting (somewhat) stuff.

Christ, guys, let's go easy on the strawman here - nowhere did I say he was actually Draymond lite, just that he's looked like it during the past few games. Again, I literally say show 80% of what Draymond looks like, which is pretty much a decent role-player.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,835

Post#1511 » by fansinceforever » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:58 pm

80% of a multiple time all-star, defensive player of the year, multiple defensive 1st and 2nd team player, defensive anchor for a 3 time champion, etc would be absolutely amazing for a guy that shouldn't have gotten his 3rd year option picked up.

It's exciting that he's made strides and I understand wanting to be the first one to the take but let's chill.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,714

Post#1512 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:03 pm

I mean the first things that come to my mind when I think Draymond Green is his passing, bringing up the ball, and the high P&R with Steph. I love DJ's defense and super excited he's turning into an NBA player but he doesn't really do any of that other stuff.

Having said that he might end up a better 3 pt shooter than Green.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1513 » by 4xBuck » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:00 pm

It's only a four game sample size, but Wilson's rebounding presence has been amazing.

In his entire basketball life he's never shown the ability to be an effective rebounder and that doesn't usually improve. The caveat with Wilson is he's one of those guys with a late growth spurt that transformed him from a wing into a post players... We'll see how this plays out.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#1514 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:21 pm

I’m getting more of a Jared Jeffries vibe

Return to Milwaukee Bucks