ImageImage

Koenig a Buck

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Re: Koenig a Buck 

Post#81 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Gross. I had a feeling this is how the Bucks were going to use the D-league & new 16 & 17th spots. Waiting for the Mike Bruesewitz, Keaton Nankivil shoes to drop.

People forget Brian Butch was on the McDonalds All American team with LeBron. Could be the missing link we need to get LeBron in free agency next season…
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#82 » by 4xBuck » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:37 pm

midranger wrote:
4xBuck wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Better than Vaughn

Wow, the nonsense posted on this board... :banghead:

What he is, I believe, is two years older than Vaughn... Imagine a 19 yr old Bronson playing a 1,000 minutes for the Bucks- :lol:

When 19 year old Vaughn played 1000 minutes, he was one of the 3 worst players in NBA history, so...

Yeah, damn teenagers do stuff like that... So...
econniption
Rookie
And1: 1,123

Post#83 » by econniption » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Like others, also interested to see JeQuan Lewis. Smaller guard than the Bucks usually go for, but he looks quick and shot okay (37%) from the 3PT line.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#84 » by buckboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:04 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:I love Koenig. He hit so many big shots for my Badgers over the years. But he cannot move laterally the way he would need to in order to make the league. I remember when Jordan Taylor was playing Summer League and couldn't get the ball to mid court to start the offense. If BK is asked to bring it up against a hungry NBA talent the same thing will happen. But Jordan is still playing professionally at a high level and Koenig can still do that. I just don't think he can play in the NBA.

Imagine Koenig against Wall..........yeesh.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#85 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:08 pm

buckboy wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:I love Koenig. He hit so many big shots for my Badgers over the years. But he cannot move laterally the way he would need to in order to make the league. I remember when Jordan Taylor was playing Summer League and couldn't get the ball to mid court to start the offense. If BK is asked to bring it up against a hungry NBA talent the same thing will happen. But Jordan is still playing professionally at a high level and Koenig can still do that. I just don't think he can play in the NBA.

Imagine Koenig against Wall..........yeesh.

I agree and all. But we've seen Delly vs Wall and just as yeesh. I don't think he'll ever get more than a cup of coffee in the Association if I was a betting on the subject. But if a guy like Delly, ridnour, Heinrich can play for years when they're nowhere near as good at shooting then he could find a way if he lucks into the right situation (like Delly did) and works his tail off along with being willing to be tough/physical and do some dirty work to cover up for his lack of quickness. Lots of "Ifs" there of course.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,555

Post#86 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 pm

Imagine literally any player that isn't an elite NBA athlete against John Wall. Always love when people say stuff like that. Like John Wall isn't blowing by guys like Steph Curry and Goran Dragic on a regular basis...
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,712

Post#87 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Gross. I had a feeling this is how the Bucks were going to use the D-league & new 16 & 17th spots. Waiting for the Mike Bruesewitz, Keaton Nankivil shoes to drop.

I recently received an email from Keaton asking me to contribute to some badger VC he's involved in. So unfortunately, I think he has hung up the basketball shoes.

Also, if Koenig does see an NBA floor I'm guessing it's as a 2.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#88 » by buckboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:16 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Imagine literally any player that isn't an elite NBA athlete against John Wall. Always love when people say stuff like that. Like John Wall isn't blowing by guys like Steph Curry and Goran Dragic on a regular basis...

Of course. It's illustrative of the point though.

He's not cut out for the NBA is all I'm saying.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#89 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:18 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:

I recently received an email from Keaton asking me to contribute to some badger VC he's involved in. So unfortunately, I think he has hung up the basketball shoes.

Also, if Koenig does see an NBA floor I'm guessing it's as a 2.

Bruiser still plays I think. Not saying using the swing spots on guys like that, but no harm in filling out the roster with guys like that otherwise. I mean, they played for years in Europe which is a higher level than the current D league level. Assuming they aren't in the lowest levels anyway, which I doubt they are. They're actually guys that would give ok competition to prospects.

For Bronson I think he's fine for a swing spot. You're probably going to give legit normal nba deals to your second rounders. So the guys just off from getting drafted (like BK) seemingly is what those spots will be for. And he does have one clear legit NBA level skill, and it's kind of the most important skill these days. No harm spending a year to see if you can make something out of him.
WimpyDeer
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#90 » by WimpyDeer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:21 pm

buckboy wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Imagine literally any player that isn't an elite NBA athlete against John Wall. Always love when people say stuff like that. Like John Wall isn't blowing by guys like Steph Curry and Goran Dragic on a regular basis...

Saying he cant guard Lebron also illustrates the point that he isn't cut out for the nba. That doesn't mean it's a good illustration.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#91 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:25 pm

buckboy wrote:

No it's not illustrative because then it would be saying basically everyone currently in the NBA isn't cut out. An example like, imagine BK vs say Vander Blue (top D league not quite NBA) would be the way to use this train of thought, insinuating that BK couldn't hang. But my guess is he could hang just fine with a guy like Blue.

I think we all worry about the same issue you're saying. Just saying he can't guard John Wall doesn't help prove it.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#92 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:28 pm

buckboy wrote:

No I get it, but it's like saying "can you imagine DJ Wilson going up against prime Amare Stoudemire?" I can imagine him eventually guarding guys like Mike Conley, Tyus Jones, Lou Williams, McCollum, or any above average PG or combo guard who isn't a physical specimen or athletic freak. 99% of guys that go undrafted aren't NBA players. So yeah, he likely isn't. But it's not gonna be because he can't run step-for-step with quite possibly the fastest PG the league has ever seen.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#93 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 pm

The important point that there are much better options to target with 16th & 17th than the newest local boy.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#94 » by midranger » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 pm

4xBuck wrote:
midranger wrote:
4xBuck wrote:
Wow, the nonsense posted on this board... :banghead:

What he is, I believe, is two years older than Vaughn... Imagine a 19 yr old Bronson playing a 1,000 minutes for the Bucks- :lol:

When 19 year old Vaughn played 1000 minutes, he was one of the 3 worst players in NBA history, so...

Yeah, damn teenagers do stuff like that... So...

Nope, literally just him. Vaughn was the worst teenager ever to play 1,000 minutes in the history of the NBA. One of the 3 worst players of any age to play that much.

So back to your original question, if I was imagining a 19 year old Koenig playing 1,000 minutes in the NBA, I'd probably play the odds and imagine him being better than the worst ever teenager to play in the NBA.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#95 » by midranger » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:The point is that there are much better options to target with 16th & 17th than the newest local boy.

Do we know he got the 2 way contract?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#96 » by M-C-G » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:57 pm

midranger wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:The point is that there are much better options to target with 16th & 17th than the newest local boy.

JS online article made it sound that way
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#97 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:17 pm

All these undrafted guys have about a 99% chance of never seeing an NBA court and instead end up playing over in Europe or the G-League for the rest of their careers. Dude measured at nearly 6'3 with a 31" no step vertical. Guy isn't a midget and he can shoot. Saying all these other undrafted scrubs are better prospects is incredibly subjective.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#98 » by mattg » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:28 pm

The insinuation wasn't defensively, it was that Koenig would not be able to bring the ball up against ball pressure. That's the real issue that the less athletic guards without insane skill level have, they simply can't get their teams into offense early in the shot clock which **** the entire team.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,999

Post#99 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:30 pm

I think it is ok to agree that Koenig is a real longshot but that he's got some attributes that might just make this happen.

I'm just glad they signed him. Can't hurt for a year.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,999

Post#100 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:31 pm

midranger wrote:

Matt V. was on WSSP this morning and said he got a two-way contract. Of course Matt also said he had no clue as of yet on the details of the Bucks pick switch from 48 to 46 and what was involved in that. So I'm not sure how he had the 2-way stuff locked in.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks