Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Re: Alex Lasry Posts Buck's Draft Board on Twitter 

Post#181 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Diggr14 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
bigkurty wrote:Why did we tell him 15 minutes before our turn that we were going to pick him too? Seems like showing your cards early.

It's like Horst just couldn't contain himself. You know, like when a high school girl hears a secret about Suzy May, and is told not to tell anybody, but she can't contain herself?

Horst looked like a giddy little school girl in that video.

He looks optimistic and clearly confident in his pick. Not bad for a GM who has had full control for about a week before the draft. I think he's ready, he said it was his 14th draft or something like that. He's learned under Hambone.. if he can improve upon stepping up to the owners and telling them to not spend on shiny new Schwartz clients.. we will have a winner.
I was going more off the video. Obviously his demeanor may mean jack squat.

Honestly, he could have a great basketball mind. He could be wonderboy. But I just don't think he's gonna get the opportunity to show it and succeed here. He's the GM by name only. He's 4 or 5 on the decision-making pecking order.
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#182 » by Gam » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:36 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:It's like Horst just couldn't contain himself. You know, like when a high school girl hears a secret about Suzy May, and is told not to tell anybody, but she can't contain herself?

He looks optimistic and clearly confident in his pick. Not bad for a GM who has had full control for about a week before the draft. I think he's ready, he said it was his 14th draft or something like that. He's learned under Hambone.. if he can improve upon stepping up to the owners and telling them to not spend on shiny new Schwartz clients.. we will have a winner.

Honestly, he could have a great basketball mind. He could be wonderboy. But I just don't think he's gonna get the opportunity to show it and succeed here. He's the GM by name only. He's 4 or 5 on the decision-making pecking order.

Wilson does not seem like a Kidd or LED choice at all. That would have been Giles or TJ Leaf. I see no reason to believe that he isn't getting final say on decisions until we see something f*ckey or get a scoop from a reporter on the matter.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#183 » by Diggr14 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:It's like Horst just couldn't contain himself. You know, like when a high school girl hears a secret about Suzy May, and is told not to tell anybody, but she can't contain herself?

Yeah, i dont know if Kidd will hold much weight for much longer in decision making. It seems that every time I've seen Horst lately, Edens is not very far behind (instead of Lasry). I think there's been a change of guard in involvement of the owners to a more Edens centric look now. It seems to me that Zanik was more Lasry's/Kidd's guy.. where Horst came from the Edens camp, with maybe a little bit of John Hammond's advice on the way out.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,049

Post#184 » by MVP2110 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:43 pm

I do agree that Wilson does not seem like a Kidd/Lasry pick. That totally seems a Hammond move(or in this case Horst)
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#185 » by Diggr14 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Gam wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:

Wilson does not seem like a Kidd or LED choice at all. That would have been Giles or TJ Leaf. I see no reason to believe that he isn't getting final say on decisions until we see something f*ckey or get a scoop from a reporter on the matter.

I'd rather have Wilson than Giles or Leaf, I like it.

I think it was interesting to note that during his GM roll out, both he and Edens made reference to Floor being underrated. Maybe it was a veiled look into the future that sometimes these Jrs and Srs get overlooked. Especially the late bloomers / which teams like the Spurs have made a killing off of in the past.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#186 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:54 pm

MVP2110 wrote:I do agree that Wilson does not seem like a Kidd/Lasry pick. That totally seems a Hammond move(or in this case Horst)

I've given up trying to figure this out. Seems like each and every decision is up for a discussion among 4/5 different parties.

If the team thrives under this model, it would be uncommon. Most of the top NBA organizations usually have some type of savant at the head of things running the show and dictating the vision (Riley, Ainge, West, Pop, etc).
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#187 » by emunney » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Been mostly out of the loop. Has this been acknowledged by anyone in media or with the team?

Also, is McKinney still here?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#188 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:50 pm

emunney wrote:Been mostly out of the loop. Has this been acknowledged by anyone in media or with the team?

Not sure about the first question. Maybe the owners saw this thread and grounded Alex from his cell phone and lap top.

And yes, McKinney was in the room.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#189 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:51 pm

emunney wrote:Been mostly out of the loop. Has this been acknowledged by anyone in media or with the team?

On video giving Horst a shake after the pick.
Go Bucks!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks