Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Re: Hawes Opting In 

Post#21 » by Diggr14 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:14 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Just cut him IMO. Assuming nobody wants to trade for him before the season.

No way, with teams looking to clear the decks to get LeBron and all the FAs next summer... our expiring contracts are gold.

I'll eat crow if he's traded for more than Roy Hibbert got last season.

I'll take a D-Leaguer over that "asset".

Free agent market this summer sucks in comparison to next summer. Maybe with the expanded cap it doesn't matter as much, but it's still a big chunk of cap room to clear for a team if the so want to (i.e.: LAL - or if Boston wants to add a traditional center in Monroe for the playoffs and then have the ability to shed him for cap space to add a FA in 2018 summer)
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#22 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:18 am

Diggr14 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:No way, with teams looking to clear the decks to get LeBron and all the FAs next summer... our expiring contracts are gold.

I'll eat crow if he's traded for more than Roy Hibbert got last season.

I'll take a D-Leaguer over that "asset".

Free agent market this summer sucks in comparison to next summer. Maybe with the expanded cap it doesn't matter as much, but it's still a big chunk of cap room to clear for a team if the so want to (i.e.: LAL - or if Boston wants to clear room for a FA after adding Hayward this summer, if they do).

I've been through the "he's an expiring, he'll be a great asset!" thing too many times to get my hopes up.

Even before getting into the fact that Monroe's $19 million expiring would probably be more than enough to cover just about any deal a team wanted to throw our way to cut cap.

Again, I'll eat crow if a semi-useless/semi-useful $6 million expiring nets us anything of importance but I would bet on there being a D-Leaguer/free agent signed before the deadline that could be on our roster heading into the season that helps more than what we use Spencer Hawes for.

I would give him the Bruce Bowen treatment. Shop him in the offseason, cut him if nothing comes up.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#23 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:19 am

I know people hate him but I'm fine with a third string center who can shoot threes and provide some rim protection. Over the past five seasons, he has a higher 3P% than Mirza, Harden, Love, Hayward, Kemba, Crawford. There's value in that when Giannis is trying to drive on a team that has Gobert or Whiteside. I'd rather have him than somebody like Raduljica, Francisco Elson, Malik Allen, etc.
Read on Twitter
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#24 » by Aaron It Out » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:28 am

ElPeregrino wrote:I know people hate him but I'm fine with a third string center who can shoot threes and provide some rim protection. Over the past five seasons, he has a higher 3P% than Mirza, Harden, Love, Hayward, Kemba, Crawford. There's value in that when Giannis is trying to drive on a team that has Gobert or Whiteside. I'd rather have him than somebody like Raduljica, Francisco Elson, Malik Allen, etc.

I'd take Radulica back in a heartbeat.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#25 » by RandyBreuer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:50 am

Monroe and Hawes for? Add fillers and tweek where needed

Clarkson/Randle/Bryant
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#26 » by Max Green » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:57 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Obviously never should've had to be on the roster in the first place.

Yep, we should have Dwight on our roster instead.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#27 » by Jez2983 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:04 am

Championship.

Can't believe this took until the second page.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#28 » by buckboy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:06 am

Max Green wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Obviously never should've had to be on the roster in the first place.

Yep, we should have Dwight on our roster instead.

That would be infinitely worse.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#29 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:18 am

Still a cult hero that aided to the excitement of the 2013 season. Never forget "the shot".
Go Bucks!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#30 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:36 am

ElPeregrino wrote:I know people hate him but I'm fine with a third string center who can shoot threes and provide some rim protection. Over the past five seasons, he has a higher 3P% than Mirza, Harden, Love, Hayward, Kemba, Crawford. There's value in that when Giannis is trying to drive on a team that has Gobert or Whiteside. I'd rather have him than somebody like Raduljica, Francisco Elson, Malik Allen, etc.

Yep. He's good for 2-4 wins during the middle of January against a bad team on night when Giannis has the flu.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#31 » by JayMKE » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:55 am

Yeah, Hawes isn't a bad guy to have at the end of the bench. $6M isn't that much for a veteran backup center in 2017, becomes an asset as an expiring.
FREE GIANNIS
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#32 » by Apollo64 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:35 am

Makes ditching Henson even more of a priority
birlik54
Junior
And1: 155

Post#33 » by birlik54 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:45 am

I suppose having Hawes on the roster isn't horrible if your team wasn't already paying 30+ million for average to below average centers while flirting with the luxury tax.

Sent from my LGLS991 using RealGM mobile app
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,525

Post#34 » by drone3 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:56 am

Stretch Hawes , mine for gold in the G-league
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#35 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:15 am

birlik54 wrote:I suppose having Hawes on the roster isn't horrible if your team wasn't already paying 30+ million for average to below average centers while flirting with the luxury tax.

Sent from my LGLS991 using RealGM mobile app

Hawes is just a very minor symptom or byproduct of the real problem which you Identify above. Two years ago they could have signed RoLo and KOQ for a combined $69 million like the Knicks did.

Instead we took Monroe, who required a defensive backup which meant Henson who then required an athletic floor runner in Plumlee. Each time we overpaid and kept making the problem worse.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#36 » by JayMKE » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:22 am

I actually liked Plumlee and was confused as to why Kidd hardly ever played him but that contract is totally inexplicable. IIRC he was a RFA too and we bidded against yourself, may of been what cost some people their jobs.
FREE GIANNIS
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#37 » by imithanos » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:04 am

Nyce_1 wrote:Trade chip. Blessing is disguise for you guys.

Not only.
- We can shop Henson, cause Hawes can be a cheap 3rd center. (Hammond you magnificent beast, plz trade for him).
- We have an argument for Snell's agent, to keep the deal under $10m.
- We avoid doing stupid FA moves.
- And of course we have a trading chip at the trade deadline that you mention.
No hay banda.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#38 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:18 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

Yep. He's good for 2-4 wins during the middle of January against a bad team on night when Giannis has the flu.

lol I hope you don't gamble much. He's going to cost you 2 losses for every win he gets you.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#39 » by 4xBuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:16 am

AussieBuck wrote:He's going to cost you 2 losses for every win he gets you.

Link?
Eazy E
Senior
And1: 178

Post#40 » by Eazy E » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:27 am

People realize the alternative to a $6M expiring Spencer Hawes contract was $38M over 3 years to MIles Plumlee?!?

The Milwaukee Bucks RealGM board... Where whining happens.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks