Bucks ownership: Lowe/Windhorst ESPN piece pg 5

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Re: Bucks ownership: Lowe/Windhorst ESPN piece pg 5 

Post#221 » by mke_design » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:50 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:
awd4cy wrote:I don't trust them one bit.

For me this is the biggest issue, for all of old Herbs issues, at least he seemed like a good dude. Think the new owners are just in it for the $$ and prestige.

Why else would you buy a basketball team? Public service and good will? Hah.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Re: RE: Re: Bucks ownership: Lowe/Windhorst ESPN piece pg 5 

Post#222 » by RRyder823 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Diggr14 wrote:Edens is worth 1.2B--- the least of the 3.

Go all in. Buy the Bucks for 800M, buy out Lasry and Dinan... it’s not like the Bucks would ever be worth zero. Im sure he could find some silent partners to help finance the buyout so he can be the sole owner.

It's not like that 1.2 billion is cash in the bank. He'd have to cash out of most of his investments, lay people off and sell what I'm sure would be a sizable potion of his personal assets to make that happen.

If my net worth is 100k there's little to no chance I have the cash laying around to buy a 70k sports car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#223 » by Diggr14 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Very intelligent and professional for Alex to like that Tweet. Can't help but feel great about the guy.

Read on Twitter

Amazing that those guys seemingly hate each other now. Must be the case if the kid is liking **** like this.

Alex Lasry, please stay as far away from the Bucks as you can. Stay in NY and be a trust fund baby the rest of your life.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Re: RE: Re: Bucks ownership: Lowe/Windhorst ESPN piece pg 5 

Post#224 » by Diggr14 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:Edens is worth 1.2B--- the least of the 3.

Go all in. Buy the Bucks for 800M, buy out Lasry and Dinan... it’s not like the Bucks would ever be worth zero. Im sure he could find some silent partners to help finance the buyout so he can be the sole owner.

It's not like that 1.2 billion is cash in the bank. He'd have to cash out of most of his investments, lay people off and sell what I'm sure would be a sizable potion of his personal assets to make that happen.

If my net worth is 100k there's little to no chance I have the cash laying around to buy a 70k sports car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app

I understand, thus the silent partners bit. One way or another, they need to either sell to one individual (Edens)... or sell to another individual altogether. They are a dumpster fire as is constructed now.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#225 » by DanoMac » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Lasry's seem like awful people. From Marc embarrassing himself in the Celeb game during All-Star break year after year to Alex acting like a spoiled kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#226 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Fotis St wrote:As a man that joined the team from Giannis draft night ... yes, Mr Drew set this team to tank... which favoured Giannis having mope playing minutes. He was ordered/agreed to do it cause Wiggins and Jabari looked like All-Stars straight from College. I can't blame them.

Drew set the team to tank WELL after we drafted Giannis, traded for and made Caron the starting small forward and the team looked like trash.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,721

Post#227 » by emunney » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:02 pm

DanoMac wrote:Lasry's seem like awful people. From Marc embarrassing himself in the Celeb game during All-Star break year after year to Alex acting like a spoiled kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I'm pissed because Lasry is clearly taking Arne Duncan's spot, who was ballin out. Secretary of Education taking em to school.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#228 » by Prez » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:05 pm

I still can't get over that **** Alex posting a pic of our draft board on twitter an hour before the draft.
econniption
Rookie
And1: 1,123

Post#229 » by econniption » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Prez wrote:I still can't get over that **** Alex posting a pic of our draft board on twitter before the draft.

Yep, and of course no repercussions whatsoever for him. Must be nice to have a cushy job with no consequences for **** up.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,808

Post#230 » by fansinceforever » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:15 pm

Man, wouldn't it be great if local media reported news worthy information about local sports teams? I guess we can't expect them to do that... I mean, that would be worth reading!!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#231 » by trwi7 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 pm

fansinceforever wrote:Man, wouldn't it be great if local media reported news worthy information about local sports teams? I guess we can't expect them to do that... I mean, that would be worth reading!!

It's not only the Bucks either. You ever read one of Haudricourt's chats on the Brewers? Just a bunch of generic garbage or go look it up.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Post#232 » by blazza18 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:03 pm

I'd give anything for some youths to take over from the bland old white guy shtick that currently reports on the local teams.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,786

Post#233 » by tydett » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:06 pm

See, but the problem is that they don't get "inside" scoops and ad money. if they're critical of the team. It's such a quid pro quo that local media needs that access - the Journal is already a rag and is hemorrhaging, so if they lose their connection to the Bucks, then that's some major revenue they lose out on.
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,733

Post#234 » by brettski » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:57 pm

Anyone else tweeted the Lowe article to Alex Lasry? Its cathartic and helps to make sure Daddy finds out about it.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#235 » by mattg » Sat Jul 1, 2017 12:32 am

mke_design wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:
awd4cy wrote:I don't trust them one bit.

For me this is the biggest issue, for all of old Herbs issues, at least he seemed like a good dude. Think the new owners are just in it for the $$ and prestige.

Why else would you buy a basketball team? Public service and good will? Hah.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Alex Lasry told my father that his passion is helping people in low income areas. They were supposed to work on a partnership for
charity with a construction firm running an anti-bullying campaign. Instead of actually doing anything himself, Alex referred him to another member of the organization who never responded to emails/calls for 9 months until the construction firm scrapped working with the Bucks because of how pathetic their communication habits were. The kid is a trust fund baby who has no business doing literally anything that he's involved in. His level of incompetence is actually staggering.

So yeah, Alex likes to talk like his passion is helping people or making a difference or something that he feels reflects well on him. But the reality is that he's just a clueless brat who is sickeningly full of himself.
TJseven
Rookie
And1: 221

Post#236 » by TJseven » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:15 am

Clown show... that is all
birlik54
Junior
And1: 155

Post#237 » by birlik54 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:32 am

Three or whatever years in and the owners already have each other and are calling lawyers.

Alex Lasry liking that tweet is also dumb as rocks. Either he's trolling or he really is that dumb.

So are we really going to have a different controlling owner every five years? Seems great for continuity....

Sent from my LGLS991 using RealGM mobile app
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#238 » by Prince12 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:36 am

Do we all agree that this thing is gonna come crashing down in the absolute ugliest of endings in the next 5 years? And five years could be being generous. The cracks are widening in that ownership "team".
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#239 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:14 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Very intelligent and professional for Alex to like that Tweet. Can't help but feel great about the guy.

Read on Twitter

That's wow worthy given the articles and speculation out there.
Go Bucks!
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#240 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:20 am

mattg wrote:Alex Lasry told my father that his passion is helping people in low income areas. They were supposed to work on a partnership for
charity with a construction firm running an anti-bullying campaign. Instead of actually doing anything himself, Alex referred him to another member of the organization who never responded to emails/calls for 9 months until the construction firm scrapped working with the Bucks because of how pathetic their communication habits were. The kid is a trust fund baby who has no business doing literally anything that he's involved in. His level of incompetence is actually staggering.

So yeah, Alex likes to talk like his passion is helping people or making a difference or something that he feels reflects well on him. But the reality is that he's just a clueless brat who is sickeningly full of himself.

Good share. Brutal.
Go Bucks!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks