ImageImage

ATL - Kyrie Dealt to Boston for IT, Crowder, Nets pick, etc Pg 87

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Re: ATL - Did Lakers tamper with Paul George? Pg 85 

Post#1701 » by Prince12 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:30 am

I guess I just assume this **** happens with every marquee player within two years of free agency. I'll be stunned if something comes of it but who knows.
Given the pacers gave him up for nothing they should probably be more pissed off about that.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#1702 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:36 am

Tampering? In the NBA? No.... Never!
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1703 » by glenn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:12 am

Read on Twitter
:reporter:
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#1704 » by Prince12 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:18 am

glenn wrote:
Read on Twitter

The celtics one leaning on the bone is great.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,425

Post#1705 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:17 am

Peter Vescey? That's a blast from the past
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,900

Post#1706 » by Plossum » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Yeah, nothing will come from the NBA's Lakers "investigation".
#LockUpChuck
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1707 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Prince12 wrote:
glenn wrote:
Read on Twitter

The celtics one leaning on the bone is great.

I like Minnesota - it's very Jurassic Park/World.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Re: ATL - Rose to Cavs - pg 70 

Post#1708 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Nowak008 wrote:Bill Simmons and Kevin O'Connor both agreed on a podcast that Brog/Mid/Monroe + an unprotected 1st for Kyrie and Shump... isn't enough for Cleveland. :rolleyes: Always was a big Simmons fan...but holy hell has he lost touch on reality.

Listened to that yesterday as well. Simmons is the biggest homer out there.

"If I'm the Suns of course I'm throwing Josh Jackson in there…If I'm the Celtics Tatum is too much. He's off the table"…

It's so ridiculous. Every trade he had the teams giving up a pick as well and in most cases taking on a bad contract. Kemba+Monk+an unprotected first was "his favorite idea". No **** it makes the Cavs better, has he watched Kemba the last two years? Kemba is on par with Kyrie.

It felt like O'Connor was agreeing with him just because he's his boss and he didn't want to offend him. The 3 team deal with knicks and nuggets was the only one I thought sure I guess.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Re: ATL - Rose to Cavs - pg 70 

Post#1709 » by engelmartin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Nowak008 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:Bill Simmons and Kevin O'Connor both agreed on a podcast that Brog/Mid/Monroe + an unprotected 1st for Kyrie and Shump... isn't enough for Cleveland. :rolleyes: Always was a big Simmons fan...but holy hell has he lost touch on reality.

I can't remember if that was brought up before or after them talking about Kyrie's finals performances but it makes sense from their pov. Our guys are seen as role players. Kyrie is seen as a player who wins games in the finals.

Yea I agree with them in the sense that Kyrie is a big time player, and I am in the camp that we should be extremely aggressive in pursuing him.... but there is not a chance in hell Cleveland turns down that offer. That's 3 starting caliber players + 1st + dumping a bad contract for Kyrie. Cleveland would nut their pants if we offered that.

It seems like the whole reason they haven't dealt Kyrie yet is that they think he's worth more than every other team in the league does. Homers. If you took that first rounder out then it'd be a fair deal but we still might be giving up too much.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,403

Post#1710 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:17 pm

I figured they are waiting for December when more players are available.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#1711 » by raferfenix » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Cavs want a deal that both helps win now but also prepares for life after Lebron.

Good luck with that.

Also I agree that Monroe could be especially valuable to a team looking to acquire a big name player before the deadline.

Alternatively the Cavs could appreciate his on court production but really target him for the cap savings. If Lebron is gone no matter what it wouldn't make much difference either way.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,290

Post#1712 » by rilamann » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:01 pm

glenn wrote:
Read on Twitter

Most of those are actually really good,The Celtics and Hawks ones in particular.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,524

Post#1713 » by RogerMurdock » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:18 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I like Minnesota - it's very Jurassic Park/World.

The Raptors, almost by definition, ARE the Jurassic Park team of the NBA. The whole reason the team is named that is because of the movie.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1714 » by raferfenix » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:49 pm

I could totally see the Lakers being so shamelessly blatant with the Paul George tampering that the league is required to take serious action.

If they end up with Lebron and George anyways it might have been worth it either way.

But I have doubts that will really be a thing. Certainly wouldn't be the first time it seemed like the Lakers were finally going to turn a corner out of the miserable dysfunction that has engulfed them in recent seasons only to embarrassingly fail.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1715 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:13 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:

The Raptors, almost by definition, ARE the Jurassic Park team of the NBA. The whole reason the team is named that is because of the movie.

Huh, I had no idea.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#1716 » by Profound23 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:50 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

Huh, I had no idea.

How sad is your team name when someone is just like, "What is the name of a popular movie right now? Let's just go with that."
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,841

Post#1717 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Profound23 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

Huh, I had no idea.

How sad is your team name when someone is just like, "What is the name of a popular movie right now? Let's just go with that."

I don't know. The Milwaukee Chitty Chitty Bang Bangs has a nice ring to it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Re: RE: Re: ATL - Did Lakers tamper with Paul George? Pg 85 

Post#1718 » by RRyder823 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 am

Profound23 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

Huh, I had no idea.

The Mighty Ducks have had pretty good runs in their time.

And that's being named after a b rate kids movie and not one of the most ground breaking movies ever.

(But common. We're actually going to hold it against the team that they're named off a movie when the most popular team in the state is named after a packaging company?lol)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#1719 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:00 am

Profound23 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

Huh, I had no idea.

We're named after an animal popular only by the ability to shoot it. Just sayin.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1720 » by raferfenix » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:02 am

This Woj puff piece on Dwight probably earned him some favors:

During this summer, Howard has lost a little weight, and a lot of anger. He has been humbled, unloaded out of his Atlanta homecoming only to now be re-engaged in possibility with Charlotte. Steve Clifford had driven 3½ hours to watch him work on a sultry summer day, and the coach of the Charlotte Hornets represents something so important to Howard now. Clifford is a link to Howard's glory days with the Orlando Magic, the rarest of NBA coaching species: He wanted Howard. He knows him, trusts him in his locker room and believes Howard can make an immense impact on the Hornets.

As much as anything, Howard craves acceptance, and that's why his trade to Charlotte, to Clifford, has him believing all over again.

"Cliff's going to push me, but he's not going to ever be one of those guys who I would say would break my spirit," Howard told ESPN. "He really believes in me. Throughout all the mess that has happened the last couple of years, this is a great opportunity for me to prove to myself that I know exactly who I am -- to just shut people's mouths."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20340912/nba-charlotte-hornets-give-dwight-howard-best-last-chance

Return to Milwaukee Bucks