ImageImage

OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: RE: Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1781 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:28 am

jschligs wrote:Yea I tried the fault outlet and did the reset. Also tripped all the breakers. I'm thinking there's a loose connection potentially. This basement was done by the original homeowner and while it's nice, you can definitely tell it isn't professionally done.

You need to get an electrician to your house immediately. I'm serious. The house I grew up in had a "handyman" do the basement electricity and when we had an electrician come over for I don't remember the reason he went into the basement and found live wires all over the place. Had to completely redo the wiring.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Re: RE: Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1782 » by jschligs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:32 am

trwi7 wrote:
jschligs wrote:Yea I tried the fault outlet and did the reset. Also tripped all the breakers. I'm thinking there's a loose connection potentially. This basement was done by the original homeowner and while it's nice, you can definitely tell it isn't professionally done.

You need to get an electrician to your house immediately. I'm serious. The house I grew up in had a "handyman" do the basement electricity and when we had an electrician come over for I don't remember the reason he went into the basement and found live wires all over the place. Had to completely redo the wiring.

I had an inspector come and my buddies an electrician. He did a few repairs on the main level but it wouldn't hurt to have someone come and check out the basement in more detail. To be fair the work he did was pretty good, but it was a notch below professional. I'll probably call my buddy to come out soon and take a look. Thanks
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1783 » by JEIS » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:59 am

Frontier has cheap ticket to Raleigh NC
and Philly right now from milwaukee... Bought two ticket round trip $96 for both.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1784 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:05 am

JEIS wrote:Frontier has cheap ticket to Raleigh NC
and Philly right now from milwaukee... Bought two ticket round trip $96 for both.

Wonder if they have Sunday flights. Quick trip for round one
Douggystyle29
Junior
And1: 37

Post#1785 » by Douggystyle29 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:58 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/859902-top-ten-nhl-fan-bases
With Chicago being so close I think that Milwaukee could support an NHL and NBA franchise. A lot of Midwest NHL teams also rank very high in fan attendance. I don't know why Milwaukee would be any different.

http://pucksandrecreation.com/milwaukee-ideal-32nd-nhl-team/
I think the biggest problem would be finding another ownership group not having fanbases to support two winter franchises.
Today's market is a lot different than it was even 20 years ago in my opinion. I think with the internet and other new marketing sources Milwaukee could find a way to fill the seats in a brand new stadium for both hockey and nba teams.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,285

Post#1786 » by Finn » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:59 am

jschligs wrote:So the other day I noticed in the bar/kitchen area of my basement that none of the outlets were working. Beverage fridge had no power so I tested all of the outlets and none of them have any power. I checked the breaker and didn't see anything, reset it a few times and no luck.

What could be wrong? Blown fuse/breaker? If anything, electricity is not my strong suit.

It' not common but breakers themselves can go bad, especially cheaper ones (e.g., Westinghouse). Any idea what type you have (SquareD, Cutler-Hammer, etc.)?

Do not try to change out a breaker yourself unless you're 100% confident in what you're doing. Easy way to kill yourself.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1787 » by jschligs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Finn wrote:
jschligs wrote:So the other day I noticed in the bar/kitchen area of my basement that none of the outlets were working. Beverage fridge had no power so I tested all of the outlets and none of them have any power. I checked the breaker and didn't see anything, reset it a few times and no luck.

What could be wrong? Blown fuse/breaker? If anything, electricity is not my strong suit.

It' not common but breakers themselves can go bad, especially cheaper ones (e.g., Westinghouse). Any idea what type you have (SquareD, Cutler-Hammer, etc.)?

Do not try to change out a breaker yourself unless you're 100% confident in what you're doing. Easy way to kill yourself.

Going to be totally honest, I have no idea what I did but now they all seem to be working again. I just kept switching things on and off, pressing reset and testing again. Sure enough, they started working.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#1788 » by stellation » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:38 pm

jschligs wrote:
Finn wrote:

Going to be totally honest, I have no idea what I did but now they all seem to be working again. I just kept switching things on and off, pressing reset and testing again. Sure enough, they started working.

I'd probably put getting an electrician in to take a look at it on your to do list, even if it's working now. The breakers are there for a reason, if it's playing up you're better off getting someone to take a look/swap it out in need before it fails when you need to rely on it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#1789 » by Mags FTW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:37 am

Gotta love ESPN. Red Sox are beating the Yankees 14-1, and their highlight on their homepage is Judge’s HR.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1790 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:55 am

Mags FTW wrote:Gotta love ESPN. Red Sox are beating the Yankees 14-1, and their highlight on their homepage is Judge’s HR.

Side question to this, but in the age of social media how often do you folks go to the homepage of any given website? I used to make ESPN, SI, and others a daily routine, and recently I realized I only visit them...maybe once every couple years? These days if I’ve been off Twitter for a few hours (or heaven forbid, a day!) I go to an aggregator like the Gizmodo media sites.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1791 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:08 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Gotta love ESPN. Red Sox are beating the Yankees 14-1, and their highlight on their homepage is Judge’s HR.

Side question to this, but in the age of social media how often do you folks go to the homepage of any given website? I used to make ESPN, SI, and others a daily routine, and recently I realized I only visit them...maybe once every couple years? These days if I’ve been off Twitter for a few hours (or heaven forbid, a day!) I go to an aggregator like the Gizmodo media sites.

I still go to ESPN, as it's mostly where I get box scores from the day. When going there, I tend to view the top news stories, though I don't expect that to cover what is actually real news (as in, Judge hit a HR in a 14-1 loss).

I don't use Twitter much. I get my news like this from other sites, as you mentioned. Or here, TBH.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1792 » by Mags FTW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:37 am

ReasonablySober wrote:

I mentioned way back in this thread that I’ve kind of detached myself from many things. My phone is set to Do Not Disturb, except for incoming calls from people on my contact list. Texts and other notifications just sit there until I feel like looking at them. No Twitter, no Facebook, no IG, etc. Unless the Breaking News is that a bomb is about to hit my house, there’s not much I feel like I need to know about that very second. I check this site the most, followed by the front page of Reddit and some subreddits I like. Then ESPN at night to check scores and the night’s big stories. All done from my phone while I read a book. I’ve stopped watching TV except for sports.

Essentially, I’m a boring old man.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1793 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:26 am

Douggystyle29 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/859902-top-ten-nhl-fan-bases
With Chicago being so close I think that Milwaukee could support an NHL and NBA franchise. A lot of Midwest NHL teams also rank very high in fan attendance. I don't know why Milwaukee would be any different.

http://pucksandrecreation.com/milwaukee-ideal-32nd-nhl-team/
I think the biggest problem would be finding another ownership group not having fanbases to support two winter franchises.
Today's market is a lot different than it was even 20 years ago in my opinion. I think with the internet and other new marketing sources Milwaukee could find a way to fill the seats in a brand new stadium for both hockey and nba teams.

It's not going to happen unless LED decide they want one and they've shown no interest.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1794 » by Mags FTW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:21 pm

52% of kids 6-17 want to either be a YouTuber, blogger, or vlogger when they grow up:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3617062/children-turn-backs-on-traditional-careers-in-favour-of-internet-fame-study-finds/

How heartbroken will they be when they find out they aren’t interesting or intelligent enough for people to give a rat’s ass what they think?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1795 » by trwi7 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:37 pm

I wish I had this shirt for my art teacher in K-8.

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#1796 » by humanrefutation » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Mags FTW wrote:52% of kids 6-17 want to either be a YouTuber, blogger, or vlogger when they grow up:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3617062/children-turn-backs-on-traditional-careers-in-favour-of-internet-fame-study-finds/

How heartbroken will they be when they find out they aren’t interesting or intelligent enough for people to give a rat’s ass what they think?

It's amazing to me that so many dumbasses have built a career off of their **** youtube/twitch pages. I don't begrudge people who make good content, but 99% of it is pure trash.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1797 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Twitter is mostly a big waste of time. As is most social media. Instagram and Facebook especially.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1798 » by trwi7 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Biggest waste of time is the realgm Bucks board imo.

Besiktas
Junior
And1: 263

Post#1799 » by Besiktas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:56 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Twitter is mostly a big waste of time. As is most social media. Instagram and Facebook especially.

I agree.

I don't use any of these. I don't like looking to all around the life behind a camera and i'm not curious about other people how live their lifes and with this i can't struggle and try to tell something to some people with 140 carachter words.

Or why people be curious about my life and my interests and my avtivities? Always weird to me.

None of them ever void of my interest
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#1800 » by humanrefutation » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

I still regularly go to ESPN.com. I usually only spend a couple minutes perusing the site, just looking for sports news updates. Twitter is too chaotic and too full of BS to rely on as my news aggregator full-time. GMG sites don't update as often with big developments - sometimes, they don't post stories until the following day (if at all).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks