OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,898

Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1821 » by jschligs » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:56 pm

humanrefutation wrote:BTW

I'm beyond livid Real won the leg in the 97th...
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1822 » by trwi7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:58 pm

It was probably the right call on the penalty but Buffon should've had to have taken his dick out and shoved it down Oliver's throat to get a red card in that situation. If you're going to make a controversial call like that don't compound it by sending off the most important player for Juventus at that point.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,002

Post#1823 » by humanrefutation » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Buffon's reaction was understandable. He was playing in the last significant match of his career. No World Cup to go to. Napoli is lurking in Serie A but Juve will probably close the door there. This CL was his last time to shine - the punctuation to a remarkable career as possibly the greatest keeper of all time - and he had just watched his team roar back from a 3-0 deficit to knot it up against Madrid at the Bernabeu. And in a flash of his eyes, it was all taken away.

It was a brutal moment. I used to hate watching the Italian teams, but I've always had a lot of respect for Buffon.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,953

Post#1824 » by BUCKnation » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:24 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:52% of kids 6-17 want to either be a YouTuber, blogger, or vlogger when they grow up:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3617062/children-turn-backs-on-traditional-careers-in-favour-of-internet-fame-study-finds/

How heartbroken will they be when they find out they aren’t interesting or intelligent enough for people to give a rat’s ass what they think?

It's amazing to me that so many dumbasses have built a career off of their **** youtube/twitch pages. I don't begrudge people who make good content, but 99% of it is pure trash.

There are a lot of good content creators out there, it's just that there is a lot of cancer out there being supported by 10 year olds who don't know any better. There are also some people I've followed from the start who got big with creative or funny stuff and now they are content and put out s***.

Nowadays, the market is so flooded its hard to find a niche so you either have to be an ultra creative/funny person or an amazing video game player to break through in some of these avenues. You definitely can't go full time into youtube with no base as you are pretty much guaranteed to fail. You have to do it b/c you like it as a side hobby and maybe you'll get lucky.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#1825 » by BUCKnation » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Credit to Liverpool for beating who they should and destroying a shook City, but man have they had an easy path to the final (in comparison) playing only one great team, on paper. Hopefully the tournament continues to be insane.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1826 » by humanrefutation » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:34 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Credit to Liverpool for beating who they should and destroying a shook City, but man have they had an easy path to the final (in comparison) playing only one great team, on paper. Hopefully the tournament continues to be insane.

Roma is going to be a significant challenge. They just beat Barca in emotional fashion. They're going to have the second leg in Rome. They're going to be out for revenge after the insane 1984 Euro Final - the last time Roma made it to a final, happened to play at their home stadium, and lost to Liverpool on PKs (which lead to lots of reports of LFC supporters being stabbed in the streets).
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#1827 » by BUCKnation » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:54 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Credit to Liverpool for beating who they should and destroying a shook City, but man have they had an easy path to the final (in comparison) playing only one great team, on paper. Hopefully the tournament continues to be insane.

Roma is going to be a significant challenge. They just beat Barca in emotional fashion. They're going to have the second leg in Rome. They're going to be out for revenge after the insane 1984 Euro Final - the last time Roma made it to a final, happened to play at their home stadium, and lost to Liverpool on PKs (which lead to lots of reports of LFC supporters being stabbed in the streets).

Should be two great atmospheres for each home leg, but Roma is clearly the team everyone wanted.
Thanos1985
Junior
And1: 409

Post#1828 » by Thanos1985 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:15 pm

A close friend of mine, he is in the states for 2 weeks and he will visit milwaukee for the 1st game there with celtics . Can anyone suggest a nice place for beer or food near the stadium ?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#1829 » by Mags FTW » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Thanos1985 wrote:A close friend of mine, he is in the states for 2 weeks and he will visit milwaukee for the 1st game there with celtics . Can anyone suggest a nice place for beer or food near the stadium ?

Define nice. Does he want cheap drinks? What kind of atmosphere does he like (crowded & loud, or laid back)? How old is he?
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1830 » by Mags FTW » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:22 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:It's amazing to me that so many dumbasses have built a career off of their **** youtube/twitch pages. I don't begrudge people who make good content, but 99% of it is pure trash.

Like it or not, demand peddles that garbage. There's a large contingency of young buyers who idolize these people and they can turn it into a living. I can't stomach it, but to each their own and I'll just avoid what I don't like.

On a broader scale, and I -think- I posted this before but here it is again, social media's impact on the human psyche is not good. I'm a sucker for the main outlets, FB and IG, as I still have a marginal interest in seeing what certain friends are up to with their lives, but overall I've grown tired of people. We're far too overexposed and all I see is a lot of masquerading.

*Insert old man yelling at cloud picture*

I spent most of grade school planning on being a professional basketball players despite only being able to grow to 5'8" and uncoordinated. I don't think I'm a complete drain on society.

At least kids who want to be athletes probably realize that there will be a lot of practice and hard work involved. These vloggers just want to set up a camera and talk about nonsense.
Thanos1985
Junior

Post#1831 » by Thanos1985 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Thanos1985 wrote:A close friend of mine, he is in the states for 2 weeks and he will visit milwaukee for the 1st game there with celtics . Can anyone suggest a nice place for beer or food near the stadium ?

Define nice. Does he want cheap drinks? What kind of atmosphere does he like (crowded & loud, or laid back)? How old is he?[/quote

he is 30 years old . He spent a lot for the trip and maybe the tickets, so maybe something not so expensive, for beer or drinks or food. He will be ok with just a nice place he can drink or eat, doesn't matter if it is croweded or not . So just a nice place you can think.
Also he is a well known young writter here(Greece) with a national literature award. I am saying to him to send the bucks to meet giannis :D

-

i am writting the comment again, maybe by mistake i made a report instead of a reply.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1832 » by Mags FTW » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanos1985 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

Define nice. Does he want cheap drinks? What kind of atmosphere does he like (crowded & loud, or laid back)? How old is he?[/quote

he is 30 years old . He spent a lot for the trip and maybe the tickets, so maybe something not so expensive, for beer or drinks or food. He will be ok with just a nice place he can drink or eat, doesn't matter if it is croweded or not . So just a nice place you can think.
Also he is a well known young writter here(Greece) with a national literature award. I am saying to him to send the bucks to meet giannis :D

i am writting the comment again, maybe by mistake i made a report instead of a reply.

Major Goolsby’s is inexpensive and has made multiple “Best Sports Bars in the US” lists. For someone coming from another country it’s probably something he should see rather than just another average bar. It’s only 1 block from the arena too.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/drink/america-s-25-best-sports-bars/slide-20

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2012/01/10/americas-best-sports-bars.html
Thanos1985
Junior

Post#1833 » by Thanos1985 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Thanos1985 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

Major Goolsby’s is inexpensive and has made multiple “Best Sports Bars in the US” lists. For someone coming from another country it’s probably something he should see rather than just another average bar. It’s only 1 block from the arena too.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/drink/america-s-25-best-sports-bars/slide-20

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2012/01/10/americas-best-sports-bars.html

I will send him the links.
Thanks
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1834 » by humanrefutation » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:28 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

Should be two great atmospheres for each home leg, but Roma is clearly the team everyone wanted.

In my ideal scenario, I would have taken Madrid/Bayern in the semis and Roma in the final. I liked the idea of forcing one of those clubs (Bayern especially) to have to play a leg at Anfield. Nab an away goal and roar to victory at home. I'd be nervous about having to face them in a one-off on a neutral site.

Roma is definitely less talented than those clubs, but they've also got a sense of destiny. Salah against his old club. Allison, their keeper, has been heavily linked with a transfer to Merseyside this summer. It's going to be a nerve-wracking semis.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1835 » by trwi7 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:03 am

Going back through old threads is interesting. I remember exactly what KIAM is talking about here.

trwi7 wrote:
Kohl Is A Mome wrote:I don't recall the smoke monster from Lost ever watching trannies on ustream, but then again i didn't watch every episode of Lost.

I could have sworn it was a woman! Then I saw his nutsack when he starting fingering his butthole and at that point I was pretty sure he was a guy.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1836 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Go Preds!
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1837 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Help me figure out some good UW/Badgers related license tags. Georgia allows for 7 characters, and you can have spaces.

ON WISC is the front runner right now.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1838 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:08 pm

lts go rd
fk em bky
bky bdgr
bdgr fan
uga sux
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1839 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Varsity

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1840 » by crkone » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Forward :D

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |