Re: Giannis Giannis Giannis 

Post#1601 » by Nightfall » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:27 pm

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#1602 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Quotes from Giannis

Five years ago, I was just helping my mom, my dad. My parents were illegal. Back then I used to do whatever I could. We used to sell watches, we used to sell glasses, we used to sell toys, clothes. It was fun. If I could go back and relive those moments, I definitely would. It was hard, but now when you look back, those were fun days man. We're in a car, we would take trips. Me and my brothers all together, my dad sometimes. We were living family moments, and hustling and struggling together, as a family. That’s why we were so close as brothers. But yes, I used to sell stuff until 2012. Then I focused on basketball for a year. Then 2013 I got drafted.

If we didn’t sell stuff at night or during the day, you go back home and you don’t have money. So you’re like, 'what am I going to do?' You can go ask for money, but we didn’t have a lot of friends. My parents couldn't have friends because they were illegal. Their friends could tell the cops, 'come get them.' So even now that my parents are in Milwaukee, it’s tough for them to have friends. Because for 25 years, they’ve lived without having friends. It's tough to trust somebody. We didn’t have the same opportunities as the other kids. I didn't have a Greek passport until I was 18. We didn’t have the opportunity to be who we were destined to be, because we didn’t have the piece of paper. It was tough. I was afraid they were going to deport my parents. The next day, I could wake up and my parents could be in a different country.

People that were in the same situation as me, the most important thing is they've got to give them an opportunity. For me, the reason that I'm sitting in this seat today, that I'm able to talk to TIME magazine, to a lot of people in the world, is because someone gave me an opportunity. There are a lot of people, a lot of Mexican people that people are talking about right now, they just need an opportunity to become great in life. I don't want to talk too much about that subject, because I haven’t followed it enough yet to know a lot about the subject. But the most important thing is to give the person next to you the opportunity to become great in life, to become something better.

I do not know who came up with the nickname "Greek Freak" but I think it’s kind of an awesome nickname. I like it. First of all, Greek: I always represent my country. And freak: it's an athlete who does freaky stuff on the court. That’s kind of what I do.

I think we have a realistic goal of being top four in the East. By saying that, I don’t want to put pressure on my teammates and stuff. But that’s a realistic goal we can achieve.

Milwaukee is really quiet. The people here are really respectful. They can see me in the street, walking on the road. I can go to anyplace in Milwaukee without people being all over me. I appreciate that. This is a team that helped me, drafted me with the 15th pick. I wasn’t ready to be in the NBA but they still drafted me, so I appreciate it. The organization, from day one, simple things like fixing me a bank account, moving me into my apartment, things like that I couldn't do by myself because my family wasn’t here with me. I was 18. I want to show my appreciation for them. They showed me loyalty so I want to show loyalty back to them.

I want to be here. There are not a lot of players that have spent their entire career with one team. Kobe, Duncan and Dirk. I want to be one of them. I think I can do it. But I want to make this team great. I do not want to be here just to be here. I want us to win a championship. That’s my goal. I’m really stubborn, I'm really competitive. When I set goals, I achieve goals. Hopefully the front office can make the right moves, and bring the great players around me, Khris, and Jabari. And we can make this run for many years to come in Milwaukee.

There is a reason in every move that an athlete makes. Durant was in OKC for nine years, they went once to the Finals. But I think maybe they didn’t put the right people around him to win the championship. His goal was to win the championship, so he went to Golden State and won the championship. That’s his decision. I feel like I can win the championship here. If eventually my goal—winning a championship here—is not on the map, then you’ve got to make the right decision to win the championship, right? But if me and the front office and the people in the organization are on the same page, we can bring the party to Milwaukee.
Read on Twitter
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#1603 » by chonestown » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:31 am

And the Deadspin preview with the Bucks section excerpted:
https://deadspin.com/a-timely-preview-of-the-2017-18-nba-season-which-i-am-1819147024

Milwaukee Bucks

What is their deal?
HELL YEAH BUDDY HELL YEAH, HELL YEAH.

Who are the important hoops-doers on this team?
GIANNIS BABY, F*****N’ GIANNIS, THE GREEK FREAK, HELL YEAH, HELL YEAH.

Are they good?
HELL YEAH THEY’RE GOOD, HELL F****N’ YEAH.

Should I watch them?
THE GREEK FREAK BUDDY, THE GREEK FREAK, HELL YEAH, GOTTA WATCH THE GREEK FREAK.

Are their new uniforms cool?
No.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#1604 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:38 am

Why the hell is Oracle Arena honoring the Philadelphia Warriors championships? Those definitely should be honored by Sixers fans.

Read on Twitter
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#1605 » by Dobber-16 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 am

ElPeregrino wrote:Why the hell is Oracle Arena honoring the Philadelphia Warriors championships? Those definitely should be honored by Sixers fans.

The reason why they are honoring the Philadelphia Warriors is because that is where the franchise was born. The current Philadelphia 76'ers started as the old Syracuse Nationals.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Re: RE: Re: Giannis Giannis Giannis 

Post#1606 » by vegaspacker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:54 am

skones wrote:Somebody just needs to make Henson mad all of the time.

Dude is the most lethargic player in the league but when he gets a little angry, he's productive. What a waste.

Somebody has to get him on the roids. Then we need to trade him before he tests positive for doing cycles.

Sent from my XT1585 using RealGM mobile app
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,028

Post#1607 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 am

Dobber-16 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Why the hell is Oracle Arena honoring the Philadelphia Warriors championships? Those definitely should be honored by Sixers fans.

The reason why they are honoring the Philadelphia Warriors is because that is where the franchise was born. The current Philadelphia 76'ers started as the old Syracuse Nationals.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the records should stay with the team for continuity. It's the same franchise. I feel the Braves own both history of the Milwaukee Braves and Atlanta Braves. What happens if Milwaukee never got a team? Would the Braves history before the 1960s not exist? I also thought it was dumb that the Ravens are considered an expansion franchise. Yeah, sure the Vinny T led Browns and the Ravens were two totally different franchises and the 1995 Browns and 1999 Browns had the same history/team culture.....
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#1608 » by crkone » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#1609 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#1610 » by Chapter29 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:28 pm

MVP MVP MVP
Giannis
is
UponUs
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#1611 » by Dobber-16 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:41 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Dobber-16 wrote:

I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the records should stay with the team for continuity. It's the same franchise. I feel the Braves own both history of the Milwaukee Braves and Atlanta Braves. What happens if Milwaukee never got a team? Would the Braves history before the 1960s not exist? I also thought it was dumb that the Ravens are considered an expansion franchise. Yeah, sure the Vinny T led Browns and the Ravens were two totally different franchises and the 1995 Browns and 1999 Browns had the same history/team culture.....

So then the Atlanta Hawks should honor our Milwaukee Hawks?
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#1612 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Dobber-16 wrote:
Dobber-16 wrote:

Giannis thread, so I will keep this short, it should really be a city(or area) combination with franchise. The spirit and popularity of sports originates from the local team that supports it. The unique combination is important and non transferable in my opinion.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,028

Post#1613 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Dobber-16 wrote:
Dobber-16 wrote:

Yeah um why not? We don't do crap about them?
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#1614 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Dobber-16 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the records should stay with the team for continuity. It's the same franchise. I feel the Braves own both history of the Milwaukee Braves and Atlanta Braves. What happens if Milwaukee never got a team? Would the Braves history before the 1960s not exist? I also thought it was dumb that the Ravens are considered an expansion franchise. Yeah, sure the Vinny T led Browns and the Ravens were two totally different franchises and the 1995 Browns and 1999 Browns had the same history/team culture.....

Giannis thread, so I will keep this short, it should really be a city(or area) combination with franchise. The spirit and popularity of sports originates from the local team that supports it. The unique combination is important and non transferable in my opinion.

I meant to post this in the ATL thread so I'm going to carry on this discussion over there. As far as Giannis is concerned, if the Bucks ever do move nobody will ever be able to take away my memories or what he did for this community.

Read on Twitter
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#1615 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:22 am

Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#1616 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:23 am

Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#1617 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:54 am

OUR GOD IN FULL GOODNESS!
thatzidimitriou
Junior
And1: 45

Post#1618 » by thatzidimitriou » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 am

MVP race starting with a BANG!

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
The Lazy Potato
Pro Prospect
And1: 300

Post#1619 » by The Lazy Potato » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:16 pm

What was surprising is that yesterday taught us that it might be possible for Giannis to take a leap without adding a jumper. That's crazy !!
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#1620 » by Nightfall » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:30 pm

The Lazy Potato wrote:What was surprising is that yesterday taught us that it might be possible for Giannis to take a leap without adding a jumper. That's crazy !!

Yep, why develop a mid range jumper when you can dunk from mid range ? :lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks