Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,220

Re: The Greek National Team thread 

Post#721 » by Chapter29 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 6:46 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
truly wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Ersan can come home now. One down, three more to go (Khris, Giannis, Brook)

Who are you rooting against in the saturday game USA-Greece?Ha!

I think Khris and Brook have greater chance of injury, so I'm going with Greece!

While this is true. I'd rather have several of our guys hurt before Giannis. Go USA. Bring Giannis home early.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Post#722 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Sep 5, 2019 9:54 pm

I'd like Team USA to win it as well. I usually don't like them in those tournaments because they look bored and arrogant, but this time it's two Bucks with bunch of younger guys and some nice dudes like Pop and Kemba. Hard not to like them.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,543

Post#723 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:17 am

Damnit, wrong thread, sorry :lol:
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#724 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:08 am

Pachinko_ wrote:I'd like Team USA to win it as well. I usually don't like them in those tournaments because they look bored and arrogant, but this time it's two Bucks with bunch of younger guys and some nice dudes like Pop and Kemba. Hard not to like them.

They haven’t been bored since 04. They’ve been arrogant at times, but comes with being the best in the world. You want them to feign humility? :wink: By and large they represent our country and the game extremely well.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#725 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:06 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:You want them to feign humility? :wink:

They can do whatever they want, I'm just reserving the right to not like arrogant people. I like guys like Giannis, it's a personal preference.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,019

Post#726 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Sep 6, 2019 12:21 pm

**** it.

LETS GO GREECE,hopefully our coach doesnt mess up too much this game.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#727 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Sep 6, 2019 12:37 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:**** it.

LETS GO GREECE,hopefully our coach doesnt mess up too much this game.

FFS it looks like the whole world has a better coach than us :-?

I mean I can understand not having a system and a roster built around Giannis, because this requires knowing well in advance that Giannis will actually show up, which was never a certainty. I get that, but the rotations are totally inexplicable. First of all Bourousis is totally done, thank him for his service and send him home. If you absolutely must play a big play Papagiannis for 10 minutes, no more. Calathes is miserable, he looks like some case of arthritis and Alzheimer, somebody put him out of his misery and send him on holidays already. Giannis/Sloukas/Printezis should be playing 35 minutes minimum, or even all game if they can. They are the team. Thanasis should be playing a lot more like he did against NZ, we need some athleticism, half the team looks like they're stuck in mud.

And fkn how hard is it to understand that there shouldn't be a single possession that Giannis doesn't touch the ball? He's the NBA MVP for **** sake, what are the chances that the Larentzakis/Papapetrou P&R will do something better than he can? Geez.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#728 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Sep 6, 2019 12:43 pm

Can someone please explain the tie-breaker system in round 2? Did that 1 point loss to Brazil completely destroy Greece's chance for advancement? It sure seems like it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#729 » by truly » Fri Sep 6, 2019 1:00 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:Can someone please explain the tie-breaker system in round 2? Did that 1 point loss to Brazil completely destroy Greece's chance for advancement? It sure seems like it...

Completely?No,but close to it.

The group has the following teams and records in it right now:

USA 3-0
Brazil 3-0
Greece 2-1
Czech R 2-1

Each team will play 2 games against the teams that werent in the previous group with them.So USA won't play Czech republic and Greece won't play Brazil again.

The first 2 advance from the group.

In case of a tie i think head 2 head record comes first(so brazil has a big advantage here) and if there is a 3-way tie then the point differential between the 3 teams gets taken into account.Not sure how exactly its calculated though.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,700

Post#730 » by yannisk » Fri Sep 6, 2019 1:08 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:Can someone please explain the tie-breaker system in round 2? Did that 1 point loss to Brazil completely destroy Greece's chance for advancement? It sure seems like it...

if they win both Usa and Czechs they qualify
if they lose to Usa and Brazil beats Czechs they are out

if they lose to usa, beat Czechs and Czechs beat Brazil, it depends on the point differences. (Basically if Czechs beat brazil by X points, Greece has to beat Czechs by X/2+1)

so it looks they are most probably out but it is still possible
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#731 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:44 pm

truly wrote:

USA 3-0
Brazil 3-0
Greece 2-1
Czech R 2-1

Each team will play 2 games against the teams that werent in the previous group with them.So USA won't play Czech republic and Greece won't play Brazil again.

In case of a tie i think head 2 head record comes first(so brazil has a big advantage here) and if there is a 3-way tie then the point differential between the 3 teams gets taken into account.Not sure how exactly its calculated though.
Well if Brazil just has to beat Czech to lock out Greece (even if they beat US) that's pretty much all she wrote.

I don't think Greece has much of a shot at beating the US but knowing that even if they do they are likely done is pretty disappointing.

fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#732 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:46 pm

yannisk wrote:

if they lose to usa, beat Czechs and Czechs beat Brazil, it depends on the point differences. (Basically if Czechs beat brazil by X points, Greece has to beat Czechs by X/2+1)

This can't be right. If Greece goes 2-0 against US and Czech and Brazil beats Czech they have the same record and Brazil wins H2H.

Unless 3 teams are making it out of each pod...

truly
Starter

Post#733 » by truly » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:48 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
truly wrote:

USA 3-0
Brazil 3-0
Greece 2-1
Czech R 2-1

Well if Brazil just has to beat Czech to lock out Greece (even if they beat US) that's pretty much all she wrote.

I don't think Greece has much of a shot at beating the US but knowing that even if they do they are likely done is pretty disappointing.

Thats not true.If they beat USA and Czech they will advance regardless(over USA).There are a lot of possibilities right now.After the first games are played it will be alot clearer.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,700

Post#734 » by yannisk » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:33 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
yannisk wrote:

This can't be right. If Greece goes 2-0 against US and Czech and Brazil beats Czech they have the same record and Brazil wins H2H.

If Greece goes 2-0 against US and Czech and Brazil beats Czech. How many wins will USA have? either Brazil beats USA so Brazil goes first Greece goes second and USA is out (H2H with Greece), or USA beats Brazil and we have a triple tie Brazil, Greece, USA.

In this triple tie everybody will have one win against each other so the deciding factor will be point difference in their matches (between each other). Greece is -1 so far, since in this scenario they beat USA they cannot have negative point difference so they will be either first or second. (not all teams can have positive point differential)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,777

Post#735 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 6, 2019 10:56 pm

Keep the racial stuff OFF of the Bucks board. Go to the Current Affairs board if you wish. But not here.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
truly
Starter

Post#736 » by truly » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:55 am

I wish Giannis could roll to the basket as well as Thanasis.He is great at it.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:

Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#737 » by Coach Carter » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:57 am

that's our recruit !!!
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,851

Post#738 » by Fotis St » Mon Sep 9, 2019 10:21 am

What a clown fest from Greek NT.
What a clown fest from FIBA Refs.

What a shame for all Greek Best Coaches to not coach this Greek Team for free. They prefer Clubs , money, Vacations over helping their Country.

While this happens Giannis the NBA MVP gives his soul for Greece. I am proud of Giannis and his Greek soul.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,721

Post#739 » by Plossum » Mon Sep 9, 2019 10:29 am

That charge call on Giannis was so bad. Wow. One of the worst blown calls I’ve seen in a while and the ref was right in front of it too. Brutal.
#LockUpChuck
truly
Starter

Post#740 » by truly » Mon Sep 9, 2019 10:35 am

Plossum wrote:That charge call on Giannis was so bad. Wow. One of the worst blown calls I’ve seen in a while and the ref was right in front of it too. Brutal.

Both of the offensive fouls they called on him were wrong but his 5th was a joke.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks