57%
Thon
43%

Total votes: 110

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,832

Re: Who is more valuable Thon or Jabari? 

Post#61 » by Prez » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:02 pm

I'll take Thon almost entirely because of him having two healthy knees. When healthy I'll take Jabari by a pretty substantial margin, but yeah, that's not the case and likely won't ever be the case.
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#62 » by Gam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Thon because there is a 0% chance he is considered the worst contract in the league in 2 years. There's like a 10-20% chance that Jabari is.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,835

Post#63 » by fansinceforever » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:07 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:20/6/3 on high efficiency vs 6/4/1 on below average efficiency. hmmm which one is more valuble? which one? maybe we need to look at the metrics. hmm that's a toughie

Really blows my mind. To add to it thon is at least Jabari's age and was one of the worst summer league players on our roster.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Basketball players need to be healthy and play basketball to be valuable.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#64 » by RRyder823 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Trade wise? Thon right now

In terms of championship hopes? Jabari easily

If your banking on one having the better career Thon isn't a bad bet due to Jabari's injuries. However if your looking for a guy that can elevate the team to a championship level Jabari is the one you need to roll the duce on even though the odds aren't in his favor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#65 » by Nowak008 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:08 pm

mcfromage wrote:I'd be curious to see how Brogdon would fare if he was added to this poll. I think I'd rank the three of them 1. Brogdon, 2. Jabari, 3. Thon.

I would think Brogdon would win in a landslide.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,011

Post#66 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:09 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Was Shareef Abdur-Rahim more valuable than Robert Horry?

It's not a given that Thon becomes that type of player, but if he does, I give him a slight edge before you even consider the injuries.

The contract situation is the icing on the cake for me.

so project Jabari as a guy hes already better than... and project thon as a guy hes unlikely to become? that's not fair.

better comparison would be whose better? Carmelo or the birdman? that one I could get behind. right now that's how these two are projecting without reaching
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Re: RE: Re: Who is more valuable Thon or Jabari? 

Post#67 » by RRyder823 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:11 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:20/6/3 on high efficiency vs 6/4/1 on below average efficiency. hmmm which one is more valuble? which one? maybe we need to look at the metrics. hmm that's a toughie

Yep.

I get people placing the safer "bet" in Thon but if you need to roll the dice on one of the two, in the hopes of winning a title, you gotta roll the dice on the player who could potentially be the difference maker odds be damned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#68 » by Prince12 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Calling Thon a two way player at this point is very premature. He had some hot streaks from deep mixed in with an extended horrific streak. Other then that he didn't show anything bar some garbage buckets.

Now if he becomes a ferocious rebounder/defensive stud then he doesn't need a versatile offensive game. I just think calling him a two way player is a bit rich when he hasn't really given any indication he can be a scoring threat other then the one Detroit game.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#69 » by ampd » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Prince12 wrote:Calling Thon a two way player at this point is very premature. He had some hot streaks from deep mixed in with an extended horrific streak. Other then that he didn't show anything bar some garbage buckets.

Now if he becomes a ferocious rebounder/defensive stud then he doesn't need a versatile offensive game. I just think calling him a two way player is a bit rich when he hasn't really given any indication he can be a scoring threat other then the one Detroit game.

Ehh, I hear you, but I can't help but remember the whole "Giannis can't score 20 points in practice" Gery Woelfel thing circa 2012-13 when Giannis was starting and Gery was wondering aloud why we weren't riding the corpse of the clearly mailing it in Caron Butler.

Thon's not a finished product, but it's not hard to see how he projects as a two way player in ways Jabari doesn't. Just the fact that Thon can defend possibly 3 positions, whereas it's hard to say what one position Jabari can defend is pretty key. Assuming he can hit the 3 at a decent clip, just spacing the floor is really valuable as a big man since it often takes a shot blocker out of the paint.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,072

Post#70 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Holy crap, you guys. 32 people have forgotten Parker's now had two ACL's on the same knee and won't be able to play until at least the ASB.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#71 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Prince12 wrote:Jabari. The expectations are way to high on Thon here. Going to be some disappointed people I feel.

I agree the Thon expectations are way too optimistic on this site based on a very small showing so far. Considering where we were early last season with Thon I'm happy with what he's shown and that it looks like he has a legit shot. But he gets way overblown on here. Most need to just pump the brakes and be patient and realistic with him. That said, Jabari still winning easily here which isn't surprising, people just can't quit him
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#72 » by Gam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:27 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

It's not a given that Thon becomes that type of player, but if he does, I give him a slight edge before you even consider the injuries.

so project Jabari as a guy hes already better than... and project thon as a guy hes unlikely to become? that's not fair.

better comparison would be whose better? Carmelo or the birdman? that one I could get behind. right now that's how these two are projecting without reaching

Who would you rather have on our team? Biyombo or Chandler Parsons?
Prince12
RealGM

Post#73 » by Prince12 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Holy crap, you guys. 32 people have forgotten Parker's now had two ACL's on the same knee and won't be able to play until at least the ASB.

I guess that's where I think Thon's value is at after his rookie season. Has a lot to do with Thon aswell.

ampd
RealGM

Post#74 » by ampd » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Gam wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Who would you rather have on our team? Biyombo or Chandler Parsons?

On their current contracts? Neither :o
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,377

Post#75 » by M-C-G » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:35 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:
We needed to not have Parker break or we needed another top 3 draft talent. Neither happened and here we sit.

Yep. Pretty much why my Bucks fandom has cooled.

This blows my mind, given we have arguably a top 5-10 player on this team. I can see being frustrated by many things, but for your fandom to cool, that is just nuts to me
Prince12
RealGM

Post#76 » by Prince12 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:38 pm

M-C-G wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:
We needed to not have Parker break or we needed another top 3 draft talent. Neither happened and here we sit.

This blows my mind, given we have arguably a top 5-10 player on this team. I can see being frustrated by many things, but for your fandom to cool, that is just nuts to me

I think it explains why people are so crazy on Thon. I think it's more hopeful then realistic. If he somehow makes a huge jump then we are back on. I doubt it but am hopeful.

ampd
RealGM

Post#77 » by ampd » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:38 pm

M-C-G wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:

I know right?

While it is disappointing we had that Lakers pick fall right into the organization's proverbial lap, and we somehow managed to turn a potential top 3 pick into a $40 million Tony Snell, Giannis would be must watch for me even if I wasn't a Bucks fan. Dude is one of the most entertaining (and likable) players in the entire NBA.
pxp920
Bench Warmer
And1: 406

Post#78 » by pxp920 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:50 pm

I'm kind of shocked at the voting results. Jabari is on a highway to vet minimum or retirement and Thon is a true up and comer based on his last year's performances
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,051

Post#79 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Jabari has shown a lot more than Thon thus far. Plus, it is possible he's still a couple years younger than Thon.

But then you realize that he's torn his ACL twice.

And you choose "Thon."
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#80 » by kid idioteque » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Jabari has more "value" but to the Bucks he's more of a liability at this point. I don't think either is a key piece for this team moving forward. I guess I'll vote Thon?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks