2017 Bucks Offseason - Koenig Waived

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Re: 2017 Bucks Offseason Thread - Trades and Free Agent discussion 

Post#561 » by DingleJerry » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:47 pm

emunney wrote:Monroe, Parker, Hawes for McCollum and Leonard

Probably need two 1sts or Thon and a 1st to get that done. I'd probably do it too.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,731

Post#562 » by emunney » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 pm

^ Nope, that's the offer.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#563 » by mademan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Marvin Berry wrote:
mademan wrote:
Marvin Berry wrote:I can't imagine that if we offered Jabari, Thon and a pick they would scoff at it.

Let's face it, the market for Kyrie isn't as robust as they thought.

I'm 100% sure Cleveland is prepared to play out the season if they dont get what theyre looking for in a trade for Kyrie. Dan Gilbert is not the type of dude thats gonna be bullied

Fair enough. That's a valid point.

More importantly, if it really did come down to it and Gilbert did break, he would take an underwhelming offer out West than in his own division. Regardless, I dont think its a discussion without both Middleton/Brogdon and I'm not sure it makes MIL better, though FA's would have to think twice about turning down a Kyrie/Giannis tandem.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#564 » by Diggr14 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 am

trwi7 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I mean, really? NBA coaches and players outside of the last 10 years couldn't do basic math?

I mean, it wouldn't shock me.

Another thought behind this is how the game is officiated.

It’s WWF on the interior, bigs can’t get a 1-4 footer without getting bodied or hacked with no call most of the time, while it is powderpuff basketball on the top of the key.

The “let them play” mentality only applies to the paint for some reason. It’s silly and actually has harmed basketball and is lazy defense and even lazier officiating.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Post#565 » by Prickle » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:41 am

Diggr14 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I mean, really? NBA coaches and players outside of the last 10 years couldn't do basic math?

It’s WWF on the interior, bigs can’t get a 1-4 footer without getting bodied or hacked with no call most of the time, while it is powderpuff basketball on the top of the key.

The “let them play” mentality only applies to the paint for some reason. It’s silly and actually has harmed basketball and is lazy defense and even lazier officiating.

World Wildlife Fund? Just kidding.....I remember when WWF meant Hulk Hogan vs Macho Man in a steel cage match - you know, back when wrestling was "real", lol. I agree with your sentiment.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#566 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:20 am

The WWF was always the World Wildlife Fund to me but that's because I never liked wrestling and was a giant nerd that would get fact cards from the WWF in the mail as a kid.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Post#567 » by Prickle » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:10 am

trwi7 wrote:The WWF was always the World Wildlife Fund to me but that's because I never liked wrestling and was a giant nerd that would get fact cards from the WWF in the mail as a kid.

I don't think that makes you a nerd. If anything, it just means you were more evolved than most kids at that age. I, on the other hand, thought wrestling was the bee's knees as a kid. I remember seeing the WWF at the Bradley Center when I was 8 years old and thinking I'd just reached the pinnacle of my life, lol. Then again, I also thought monster trucks were really cool too. Thankfully, I soon grew out of that phase. There's really nothing sadder than adults who are diehard wrestling and monster truck fans, IMO. But I guess some people just come out of the womb with mullets and cut-off jean shorts. I hope I haven't offended anyone; these people have accomplished great things. I mean, without them, there would be no NASCAR or President Trump......and who wants to live in a world without those two things?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#568 » by AussieBuck » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 am

haha Nascar! The car racing where they do hundreds of laps going in a circle. Then they throw in the odd regular track and some other guy who can steer in both directions wins the race. :lol: :lol: :lol:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#569 » by Fotis St » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:22 am

Call the Bulls and Wade' s agent ...
Don't let the Bulls pay out Wade...
Henson, Delly, lot prot 1st for Wade, Grant
Would even throw Vaughn as sweetener.
Some here believe that next summer dumping Henson and Delly will not cost a 1st... delusional...
Do it now Horst-Kidd whoever...
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Bucks Offseason Thread - Trades and Free Agent discussion 

Post#570 » by vegaspacker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Fotis St wrote:Call the Bulls and Wade' s agent ...
Don't let the Bulls pay out Wade...
Henson, Delly, lot prot 1st for Wade, Grant
Would even throw Vaughn as sweetener.
Some here believe that next summer dumping Henson and Delly will not cost a 1st... delusional...
Do it now Horst-Kidd whoever...

I like it. We would need a pg, scoop one those in the deal not named MCW. Grant does make sense, he's not much but a better defender than Delly.

Sent from my XT1585 using RealGM mobile app
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Buckfan76
Senior
And1: 33

Post#571 » by Buckfan76 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:30 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd5hwc3t

We get Wade, who Bulls are wanting to buyout. I don't think we'd need to attach a 1st rd pick. We also get Grant to backup Brogdon.

Bulls get at least something for Wade. Aminu would be a good player for them. Henson would hopefully get some PT.

Blazers get: Delly, who can backup Lillard. E. Moore to backup 2/3.

NOP gets: E. Davis or A. Nicholson
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#572 » by mcfromage » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:38 pm

emunney wrote:Monroe, Parker, Hawes for McCollum and Leonard

Sign me up.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#573 » by Max Green » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Prickle wrote:
trwi7 wrote:The WWF was always the World Wildlife Fund to me but that's because I never liked wrestling and was a giant nerd that would get fact cards from the WWF in the mail as a kid.

I don't think that makes you a nerd. If anything, it just means you were more evolved than most kids at that age. I, on the other hand, thought wrestling was the bee's knees as a kid. I remember seeing the WWF at the Bradley Center when I was 8 years old and thinking I'd just reached the pinnacle of my life, lol. Then again, I also thought monster trucks were really cool too. Thankfully, I soon grew out of that phase. There's really nothing sadder than adults who are diehard wrestling and monster truck fans, IMO. But I guess some people just come out of the womb with mullets and cut-off jean shorts. I hope I haven't offended anyone; these people have accomplished great things. I mean, without them, there would be no NASCAR or President Trump......and who wants to live in a world without those two things?

Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,683

Post#574 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Diggr14 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Spot on.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#575 » by DingleJerry » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:08 pm

How is watching wrestling any different than watching any other TV show? It's fake, just like everything else on TV. Hell, it's probably realer than most reality TV. Why is it 'sad' to watch that every week and be into it, but it's not to obsess over GoT or for 40+ yr old men to obsess over Giannis and other teenagers playing basketball? And I don't even watch wrassling anymore, been years since I did. But that type of notion has always annoyed me and to imply that it's all rednecks and morons and dismiss all these people as being below you is exactly why Trump won.
emunney
RealGM

Post#576 » by emunney » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:17 pm

DingleJerry wrote:How is watching wrestling any different than watching any other TV show? It's fake, just like everything else on TV. Hell, it's probably realer than most reality TV. Why is it 'sad' to watch that every week and be into it, but it's not to obsess over GoT or for 40+ yr old men to obsess over Giannis and other teenagers playing basketball? And I don't even watch wrassling anymore, been years since I did. But that type of notion has always annoyed me and to imply that it's all rednecks and morons and dismiss all these people as being below you is exactly why Trump won.

mmmmm all fiction is not created equal. I have no problem with people who watch wrestling, I just personally find it dull and repetitive.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#577 » by jschligs » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 pm

DingleJerry wrote:How is watching wrestling any different than watching any other TV show? It's fake, just like everything else on TV. Hell, it's probably realer than most reality TV. Why is it 'sad' to watch that every week and be into it, but it's not to obsess over GoT or for 40+ yr old men to obsess over Giannis and other teenagers playing basketball? And I don't even watch wrassling anymore, been years since I did. But that type of notion has always annoyed me and to imply that it's all rednecks and morons and dismiss all these people as being below you is exactly why Trump won.

KEEP. POLITICS. OUT.

I don't care what the topic is, whether you wanted a discussion about it, or even if it was just a simple one liner. I don't want to hear a single line about politics on this board. I'm not kidding.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#578 » by DingleJerry » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 pm

emunney wrote:

mmmmm all fiction is not created equal. I have no problem with people who watch wrestling, I just personally find it dull and repetitive.

For sure, each person has their own preferences and opinions though.

A person I worked with puts in a good way. He's a Star Wars fantasy 'nerd' in the traditional sense. How does someone with those interests who buys paraphernalia or maybe goes to parties in costume any different than a sports fan who buys stuff and goes to parties wearing jerseys or other sports clothes. I'd never really thought of it that way before, but yea, he's right.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#579 » by DingleJerry » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:33 pm

jschligs wrote:

KEEP. POLITICS. OUT.

I don't care what the topic is, whether you wanted a discussion about it, or even if it was just a simple one liner. I don't want to hear a single line about politics on this board. I'm not kidding.

The other dude said it and basically insulated a large group of people, I responded coming down on it. I guess you didn't get the context.
emunney
RealGM

Post#580 » by emunney » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:35 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
emunney wrote:

For sure, each person has their own preferences and opinions though.

A person I worked with puts in a good way. He's a Star Wars fantasy 'nerd' in the traditional sense. How does someone with those interests who buys paraphernalia or maybe goes to parties in costume any different than a sports fan who buys stuff and goes to parties wearing jerseys or other sports clothes. I'd never really thought of it that way before, but yea, he's right.

I agree, that is not different in any important ways.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks