I'd do Monroe, Parker, Vaughn, Wilson and a 1st

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
only a fan, only an opinion
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Re: 2017 Bucks Offseason Thread - Trades and Free Agent discussion 

Post#602 » by raferfenix » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:12 pm

If the Grizzlies were going to trade Gasol this does seem like the time to do it.

He doesn't seem pleased:

I’m very ambitious and I’ve wanted Memphis to be a great franchise. We’ve grown a lot the last 6-7 years, but we have to keep growing. If this is not lined up, maybe we may have to revisit things.

Boston could make a hell of an offer for him. Cleveland too.

Even then though we could be part of a 3-way deal if Memphis is getting Isaiah Thomas or Irving. Conley would presumably be headed elsewhere in that case.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#603 » by LuessiT » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I still want CJ as our lead guard. A Middleton / CJ swap makes so much sense for both teams imo.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#604 » by Diggr14 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:31 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:

Another thought behind this is how the game is officiated.

It’s WWF on the interior, bigs can’t get a 1-4 footer without getting bodied or hacked with no call most of the time, while it is powderpuff basketball on the top of the key.

The “let them play” mentality only applies to the paint for some reason. It’s silly and actually has harmed basketball and is lazy defense and even lazier officiating.

Spot on.

I see no problem with this or that it's harmed basketball. With larger players concentrated to a small area there's going to naturally be more physicality.

I equate it to football where a lot of uncalled holding/mauling goes down "in the trenches" but for receivers it's a different standard.

I see what you are saying, but my point is this is why the 3 point shot, especially the corner 3, is such an advance metric fad now. Yes, players are bigger and stronger, but that doesn’t mean they can’t play hands up defense and shuffle their feet. It is a hack fest down there and until the NBA gets it under control, the 3 point shot will dominate and frankly make for more boring basketball. There is a beauty to a post player with good footwork, strength, and touch. It gets lost in todays NBA. There won’t be players like Karl Malone as often to come along because guys like that get swallowed up by longer, less agile, players that hold and drape all over them because they could otherwise not keep up with them man on man in the post. I guess.. who would you rather see play.. Karl Malone or Deadre Jordan. To me, it’s an easy answer. I just hope they go back to calling post play more aggressively and rewarding and-1s to these guys more often. Heck, Moose screams And-1 more than any other player in the league. He’s often right he is being hacked.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#605 » by Diggr14 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:34 am

LuessiT wrote:I still want CJ as our lead guard. A Middleton / CJ swap makes so much sense for both teams imo.

I dont think they’d trade CJ.

CJ and Lillard are their identity right now, they are looking to add that third guy to that mix. They would be so similar to Washington if they did.

Im not sure any guard combo can score with Portlands 2 guards in any series right now, including Curry/Thompson. The problem is the rest of their team sucks.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Dandridgefav
Junior
And1: 66

Post#606 » by Dandridgefav » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:08 pm

No Gasol thank you - he is too old too expensive

But as part of a 4 team trade Marc Gasol joins with his brother Pau.

MIL-BLEDSOE -
MM-MONROE, 1st(mil) 1st(phx)
SA-GASOL
PHX-ALDRIDGE
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#607 » by raferfenix » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:54 pm

The Grizzlies seem destined to blow their team up some time soon.

They are going to be worse this season. Betting the farm on Parsons was a bad move that seems to kill their prospects of improving too.

Marc Gasol is entering the final leg of his career and has had injuries that make him a major risk to have his trade value fall off a cliff. At the moment though he's 32 years old with two years left on his contract.

Could see a team viewing Gasol as a KG (with extension) to the Celtics kind of acquisition.

Mike Conley has a lot of years and tons of money left too. If they are blowing it up you'd think they'd want to bail on him as well. His game in theory might age reasonably well, but at 29 that theory is soon going to be tested.

I just don't see any way Conley's contract isn't a boat anchor for those final few seasons.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,885

Post#608 » by jschligs » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Prickle wrote:
jschligs wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
The other dude said it and basically insulated a large group of people, I responded coming down on it. I guess you didn't get the context.

Don't care who started it. You continued it. Both of you stop it. Don't mean to be rude but I cannot stand it. Not to mention I'm 99% sure it's against TOS

I'm the other dude. I'm the one who "started it", lol. I made a small joke regarding Trump, inexplicably forgetting that you just can't do that type of thing anymore without inciting riots, or at the very least, social media wars. I'm sorry.

That said, I think we all know who the majority of wrestling, monster truck, and NASCAR fans voted for....just saying.... And this is only a slight if you perceive it to be. If you actually like all those things, who cares? Why take offense? It's nothing to be ashamed of, right?

Ok, I'm done. I promise. Moving on...

I know it was a joke, but literally everywhere I go, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, news outlets, everywhere, always turns into something political. This is the one site that I actually get to escape from it haha
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,118

Post#609 » by DingleJerry » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Prickle wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:How is watching wrestling any different than watching any other TV show? It's fake, just like everything else on TV. Hell, it's probably realer than most reality TV. Why is it 'sad' to watch that every week and be into it, but it's not to obsess over GoT or for 40+ yr old men to obsess over Giannis and other teenagers playing basketball? And I don't even watch wrassling anymore, been years since I did. But that type of notion has always annoyed me and to imply that it's all rednecks and morons and dismiss all these people as being below you is exactly why Trump won.

Sure, wrestling is no worse than most "reality" shows on television....I'll give you that. But then, I don't watch reality TV, for this exact reason - it's fake and cheesy. But you just can't compare it to a show like GOT, which has beautiful writing; great acting; complex character development and storylines; amazing production; and an unpredictability factor. These are all things that make it one of the best shows of all time, by most standards - from fans and critics alike. It's an apples and oranges comparison.

And it's also just as silly to compare scripted wrestling to actual sports, where athleticism, skill, hard work, dedication, preparation, strategy, and a human's will are all deciding factors in the outcome of any given game. Wrestling is essentially a choreographed dance routine, with a predetermined "outcome." If you're into that, great, but it is NOT a sport. It's an apples and otters comparison.

With all that said, if you actually "obsess" over any of these things (sports included), you have a problem. At the end of the day, it's all just entertainment. But not all entertainment is created equal. Stupid people will always like stupid things - this is why the Kardashians are famous and why Tyler Perry is somehow able to keep putting out movies and TV shows. If you want to compare wrestling to something, compare it to "Keeping up with the Kardashians"......you'll hear no arguments.

So your opinion, taste, and preference is superior to others, which makes you smarter and better than them. Got it and that ends this discussion. And like I said, I don't even watch wrasslin and I'm the opposite of a Donny supporter. I was merely pointing out that this type of pretentiousness was definitely a factor in that election. And the overall inability to see the other side (goes both ways) without calling them morons is exactly what's wrong with the current environment. Not arguing any political side or topics.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#610 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Wrestling very much requires athleticism, skill, hard work, dedication, preparation, and strategy.

Completely ignorant comment.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#611 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Wrestling very much requires athleticism, skill, hard work, dedication, preparation, and strategy.

Completely ignorant comment.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,182

Post#612 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Alright, Mayo wants to come back when his 2 year suspension is done. Sounds like he'll play for very little. Pass.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: 2017 Bucks Offseason Thread - Trades and Free Agent discussion - Mayo Wants To Return 

Post#613 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:44 pm

"I want to go back to what I left [in Milwaukee],” Mayo said. “I was real close with Jason Kidd. That was the best relationship I had with a coach besides [Barnes]. I had great relationships with Giannis [Antetokounmpo] and Khris Middleton. I was comfortable there. I felt like I let them down, cheated them for two years. They paid me $8 million to be, in my eyes, a subpar player. They invested millions of dollars for me to be on top of my s---, and when you’re not on top of your s---, it shows. If they just give me the chance, I can make it up. I owe them.”

Mayo says that if he had the same focused mindset he had at age 16 that he had a decade later, “we wouldn’t be sitting here talking right now.”

“I knew better,” Mayo said. “I knew guys in my neighborhood who should have made it somewhere but got stuck. I wasn’t raised like that.”
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: 2017 Bucks Offseason Thread - Trades and Free Agent discussion - Mayo Wants To Return 

Post#614 » by Chapter29 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:47 pm

The Bucks have no need for Mayo. He will have to look for employment elsewhere as that ship has sailed.
Giannis
is
UponUs
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,599

Post#615 » by emunney » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Bring him in next summer and work him out. If he looks good, give him a chance.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,403

Post#616 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:54 pm

That Mayo article is a pretty good read, though. If he's sincere he'll definitely get another shot in the league and he SOUNDS sincere.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#617 » by Lippo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:54 pm

I was looking up vertical on 7'0ers a while back on the Thon thing and noticed OJ had a 41" , I can't fathom his body jumping like that.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#618 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:55 pm

If he's willing to sign for the minimum he'll get a shot somewhere.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,597

Post#619 » by tski1972 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Mayo could be a lottery ticket on the minimum.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 869

Post#620 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Let's be real, he ran out of money and so he needs to come back. But that could mean hell be ready to play for 1 year in order to get himself a contract the following year.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks