Khris Middleton is greater than or equal to Gordon Hayward

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,273

Re: Khris Middleton is greater than or equal to Gordon Hayward 

Post#41 » by HKPackFan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:37 am

chonestown wrote:Christopher Cross > Kris Kross

R.I.P. as MacDaddy died of an overdose few years ago.
#FreeChuckDiesel
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#42 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:08 am

ReasonablySober wrote:If Middleton is 100% I think he's going to have an All-Star level year. GH's better now, but Middleton will be by the end of the season.

That would be great but Hayward is already at that level and he has a good chance to start the All-Star game this season.
Read on Twitter
Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Post#43 » by Octopus Jonny » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:10 am

vtime wrote:I see many have forgotten how good pre-injury Khris was. 19ppg on great percentages while sharing the ball a full season with Giannis and Bari and playing stellar defense. His 15-16 was better than Hayward.

And you seem to be forgetting that it's 2017, Khris suffered a significant injury to a major tendon (an injury that has very little in the way of occurrences in other athletes to compare recovery time, impact on production, etc), and Hayward is coming off the best season of his career.

That's what we have to work with, currently. Unfortunately, we can't compare a healthy KM's 2016-17 season to Hayward because it didn't happen.

Khris is a year younger, much cheaper, is one of my favorite Bucks players, and his hamstring injury could wind up having little long term effect on his potential and ability to reach that potential.

But Gordon Hayward is a better player right now and that will remain a fact until evidence supports otherwise.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,609

Post#44 » by blazza18 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:32 am

Playing around with the player comparison finder on bref. They are much closer than I original thought pre Hayward making the all star leap last season.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,880

Post#45 » by Fotis St » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 am

mattg wrote: Hayward .......... in addition to being a clearly superior athlete.

It all comes down to this ...

I think Khris has more basketball in his soul ... but his body limits his impact and overall skillset.

If Khris had same athleticism with Hayward he would be the better player. Until we see that, if ever, Hayward is the better player, no doubt.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#46 » by vtime » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am

Hayward played on a defensive team where his no. 2 option was George Hill and still only avg 22ppg. That's awfully low for the stud he's claimed to be. Being a better athlete does not necessarily make you a better player, Khris is one of the best 2 way players in the league.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#47 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 pm

vtime wrote:Hayward played on a defensive team where his no. 2 option was George Hill and still only avg 22ppg. That's awfully low for the stud he's claimed to be. Being a better athlete does not necessarily make you a better player, Khris is one of the best 2 way players in the league.

I don't really see how being on a low point team could be a negative for Hayward putting up 23pp/36 on 60% TS%.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#48 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:14 pm

midranger wrote:Set contracts aside. Not a single person here is refusing to swap Middleton for Hayward immediately if offered. Don't be silly everybody.

This. And its really not close. I like Middleton as much as the next Bucks fan but he's not "one of the best two way players in the league" and he's not in the same tier as Hayward.

IF Middleton stays healthy, IF Middleton gets more consistent, IF Middleton improves on both sides of the ball, and IF Hayward stays the same player for the rest of his career, maybe, just maybe, theres a conversation to be had. But right now its not even close.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#49 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:22 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
midranger wrote:Set contracts aside. Not a single person here is refusing to swap Middleton for Hayward immediately if offered. Don't be silly everybody.

This. And its really not close. I like Middleton as much as the next Bucks fan but he's not "one of the best two way players in the league" and he's not in the same tier as Hayward.

IF Middleton stays healthy, IF Middleton gets more consistent, IF Middleton improves on both sides of the ball, and IF Hayward stays the same player for the rest of his career, maybe, just maybe, theres a conversation to be had. But right now its not even close.

'15-'16 Middleton was better than Hayward's ever been, including last season.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,027

Post#50 » by midranger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Please reconsider your animal consumption.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#51 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:34 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

As a pure scorer maybe, but midds leaves alot to be desired as a playmaker.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#52 » by skones » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Based on what?
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,120

Post#53 » by Shaffty » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Middleton is Rodney Dangerfield
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#54 » by John Murdoch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:47 pm

As a neutral perspective im a fan of Mids but i think Gordon is the better overall athlete and absorbs contact a little better so id take Gordon over him pretty comfortably
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#55 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:50 pm

John Murdoch wrote:As a neutral perspective im a fan of Mids but i think Gordon is the better overall athlete and absorbs contact a little better so id take Gordon over him pretty comfortably

Midds can be so much better I feel, but he still hasn't quite put it all together. Too many stretches where he goes full pube imo.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#56 » by freewhitemoon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 pm

vtime wrote:Hayward played on a defensive team where his no. 2 option was George Hill and still only avg 22ppg. That's awfully low for the stud he's claimed to be. Being a better athlete does not necessarily make you a better player, Khris is one of the best 2 way players in the league.

Utah play incredibly slow though
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#57 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:16 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

False.

And I searched for any reason to believe this for the sake of homerism.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,027

Post#58 » by midranger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Hayward's year as #1 option led to 51 wins in the western conference and a play off series win, with Gobert and half a year of Hill.

Middleton's #1 year led to 33 wins in the eastern conference with Giannis and Monroe playing the whol year.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,583

Post#59 » by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:26 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:No way lol
Hayward as it stands now, can be the 4th best player in the conference behind only lebron, giannis, wall.

At first I was like nah. Then I checked the Eastern conference again and you're probably right. DeRozen and Irving could also be in the conversation but I might take Hayward over them. Man, the East is very weak.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#60 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:42 pm

midranger wrote:Hayward's year as #1 option led to 51 wins in the western conference and a play off series win, with Gobert and half a year of Hill.

Middleton's #1 year led to 33 wins in the eastern conference with Giannis and Monroe playing the whol year.

You're not seriously crediting Hayward (as opposed to Gobert) for that success, right?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks