ImageImage

Nerlens Noel

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Nerlens Noel 

Post#1 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:11 am

Giannis/Middleton/Snell/Maker/Noel. With monroe and Henson on the bench.

That's the most insane combination of length ever assembled. If I'm Milwaukee I'm getting on the phone with Cuban right now and working on this deal so it's locked in as soon as Noel is eligible to be traded. Perhaps even Noel/Curry for Brogdon/Parker. I know you guys prob like Parker but he's too risky to give $100m to.

Think about it you'd have the most diversified rim protection in NBA history. You could switch on EVERY SCREEN as you don't have any flat footed weak links. All of them can get into passing lanes, cut off driving angles, patrol the weakside. And yet you still have a great perimeter rotation defense. Completely suffocating. The games might be a little ugly. Derozan might get blocked like 27 times in a 6 game series.

On offense giannis/Middleton gives you playmaking. Snell/maker provide spacing. Noel for screening/rim rolling to keep the defense honest. Monroe on the block vs 2nd units and Seth curry sprinkled in for slightly more traditional units.

It's probably the most unique lineup I've ever seen.

No one is going to be able to beat Golden State or Cleveland right now by just trying to out talent them with one or two star players and a collection of James Johnson, victor oladipo, nic batum, jared dudley, Marcus smart, markieff morris type players. They are just way too freaking good You can't make up the difference. You gotta try some bold like houston is doing.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Re: Nerlens Noel 

Post#2 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:30 am

Do it for Chuck
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:31 am

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#4 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:55 am

HoopsMalone wrote:Giannis/Middleton/Snell/Maker/Noel. With monroe and Henson on the bench.

That's the most insane combination of length ever assembled.

It's probably the most unique lineup I've ever seen.

Well, you never have seen it and you never will because there are no guards in that lineup. Quick opposing guards would run wild on the Bucks and Giannis and Middleton are not enough on offense to carry the other three very weak offensive players to competence.
Read on Twitter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,644

Post#5 » by blazza18 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:02 am

Maker at PF, John Henson off the bench! Sign me up!
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#6 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:03 am

I completely disagree with that assessment.

First of all, they still have delly/brogdon for more traditional lineups I'm not saying go with the FREAK lineup all game.

Where are these guards running wild to? Certainly not towards the basket.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#7 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:24 am

HoopsMalone wrote:I completely disagree with that assessment.

First of all, they still have delly/brogdon for more traditional lineups I'm not saying go with the FREAK lineup all game.

You were suggesting trading away Brogdon in a deal for Noel. I would like to acquire Noel if we could get him cheap but there's no way I would trade Jabari and Brogdon for him. Noel is an unrestricted free agent next offseason and the Bucks are not in a position to trade for a rental.

Read on Twitter
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#8 » by Prince12 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:24 am

You actually traded Brogdon away.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#9 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:30 am

HoopsMalone wrote:Giannis/Middleton/Snell/Maker/Noel.

nah... you have two centers in there and no PG
Maker shouldn't play PF and Giannis shouldn't guard PG/SG for longer than 5 mins.
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#10 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:29 am

ElPeregrino wrote:

You were suggesting trading away Brogdon in a deal for Noel. I would like to acquire Noel if we could get him cheap but there's no way I would trade Jabari and Brogdon for him. Noel is an unrestricted free agent next offseason and the Bucks are not in a position to trade for a rental.

Brogdon was being included to return curry since he fits better on that team. It was Parker for Noel. I said maybe they'd throw in Curry if you shipped brogdin.

Jabari is a free agent too. You would do the deal to

A) Get Noel
B) Not get stuck with what will likely be a huge negative value contract for jabari that potentially ruins Giannis prime. I mean they weren't a great fit before he ripped his knee to shreds, so I just don't get taking such a huge risk. You've got an mvp candidate, I wouldn't screw around
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#11 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:34 am

Pachinko_ wrote:

Maker shouldn't play PF and Giannis shouldn't guard PG/SG for longer than 5 mins.

I think maker is a power forward. He shoots the 3 well and he's too small. You need noel in there
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,809

Post#12 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 am

HoopsMalone wrote:I think maker is a power forward. He shoots the 3 well and he's too small. You need noel in there

He's like 3 inches taller and a number of pounds you could count on your fingers lighter than Noel.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#13 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:44 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:I think maker is a power forward. He shoots the 3 well and he's too small. You need noel in there

He's like 3 inches taller and a number of pounds you could count on your fingers lighter than Noel.

And yet Noel is a defensive anchor and thon is still bad right now. This is about trying to put together a team that can compete. Noel makes you guys significantly better
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#14 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:49 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

And yet Noel is a defensive anchor and thon is still bad right now. This is about trying to put together a team that can compete. Noel makes you guys significantly better

I don't disagree with most of this.

Thon isn't "too small" or a power forward though. He's as much a power forward as Noel.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#15 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:16 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:He's like 3 inches taller and a number of pounds you could count on your fingers lighter than Noel.

Thon isn't "too small" or a power forward though. He's as much a power forward as Noel.

Uh, no. Noel is a horrible power forward . He doesn't shoot 3s or guard the perimeter well. He's a rim protector through and through. Offensively He s the roll man, period. You want thon shooting 3s not screening with his frail little body
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#16 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:24 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:

I think maker is a power forward. He shoots the 3 well and he's too small. You need noel in there

Thon's main appeal is that you can have a center who is switchable to anybody, runs the transition like a bullet and shoots 3s in volume without giving up much in rim protection. Literally no other team in the NBA has that. Except maybe those 10' that GS plays small ball with Draymond at 5.

A PF who does those things? well, every second team in the NBA has that. So although you are right Thon is probably more of a PF right now, the main thing that makes him interesting is that he can add 10-15 pounds of muscle (which he is hopefully doing right now) and be a starting C for us.

That's why I said he shouldn't play PF, not that he couldn't.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#17 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:37 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:

Uh, no. Noel is a horrible power forward . He doesn't shoot 3s or guard the perimeter well. He's a rim protector through and through. Offensively He s the roll man, period. You want thon shooting 3s not screening with his frail little body

Thon is not a perimeter defender lol what?

Just because Thon can shoot threes he's a power forward? Uh no. He's literally basically a poor man's Noel with that shooting ability.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#18 » by Jez2983 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:46 am

Fundamental error: do not give Jabari 100mill. However, am prepared to pay the durable Nerlens Noel.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#19 » by AussieBuck » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:48 am

Thon is a C who can play some PF. Would love to get Noel, he'd be part of the three man PF/C combo of Giannis/Thon/Noel.

PF: Giannis 36/Thon 12
C: Thon 18/Noel 30
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#20 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:59 am

AussieBuck wrote:Thon is a C who can play some PF. Would love to get Noel, he'd be part of the three man PF/C combo of Giannis/Thon/Noel.

PF: Giannis 36/Thon 12
C: Thon 18/Noel 30

You gotta play minutes with Giannis at C and also make time for the rookie in PF

Return to Milwaukee Bucks