RealGM NBA Re-Draft Round 3 thread - Completed

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,715

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RealGM NBA Re-Draft Round 3 thread - Now underway 

Post#201 » by AussieBuck » Thu Sep 7, 2017 6:36 am

Prez wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:You're in the same bucket as me, taking a player underrated by most in an exercise that will probably come down to a popular vote.

My thoughts exactly when taking Covington.

Trust the process brother.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Re: RealGM NBA Re-Draft Round 3 thread - Now underway 

Post#202 » by Jez2983 » Thu Sep 7, 2017 9:47 am

Jez2983 wrote:I have messaged him and suggested who he should pick in case he has any difficulties. I expect to receive an expletive-ridden text in return.

Spoiler: it was Monta Ellis.

But then I actually suggested Redick who was taken with the next pick :D
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,880

Post#203 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 7, 2017 12:30 pm

I had ranked 160 players for my starting five ... since Ops decided to add 3 more rounds... I have started to add some players ... man the talent falls of a cliff after the 5th round. I can't even get to 180. Not sure what scubs we take there. We will probably gamble on high upside there.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Re: RE: Re: RealGM NBA Re-Draft Round 3 thread - Now underway 

Post#204 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 7, 2017 1:11 pm

Prez wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:You're in the same bucket as me, taking a player underrated by most in an exercise that will probably come down to a popular vote.

My thoughts exactly when taking Covington.

Yup. Most of round three I was contemplating holding off on taking Johnson until the 4th round because of how underrated I'm guessing he is around here. In the end there wasn't anyone on the board worth taking that risk for.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: RealGM NBA Re-Draft Round 3 thread - Completed 

Post#205 » by H2tObes » Thu Sep 7, 2017 1:12 pm

Aw, I wanted Johnson to fall in the 4th. Contemplated him with my 3rd pick
BucksStatsGuy
Sophomore
And1: 655

Post#206 » by BucksStatsGuy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:49 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
BucksStatsguy wrote: Maybe we can get BucksStatsguy to give us some ideas of advanced stat metrics we could use in competition 8-)

Haha, an interesting thought! I could see running simulations over maybe 3-4 seasons being interesting, though I worry that it would just rely heavily on things like RPM. You'd maybe get to see those who picked teams that will develop into contenders vs. teams that are ready to contend now, given the typical aging curves. Could also do the same thing just across a suite of metrics and then do a simple aggregation up, just to give weight to the PER-stans and the WP-stans.

But I'd combine this with a popular vote as well. Otherwise those with the analytics darlings are just going to end up at the top. Just because he's a darling at 500 minutes played, doesn't necessarily mean he's a darling if you play him 2,000 minutes :)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks